Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-15, 02:54 PM  
antbuko

I have both a Roku and a Chromecast, and I use the Plex app. I love the Roku; it has tons of apps but mainly I use it for Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, Youtube, Yogaglo and the Plex app. Anything that can not be Plex-ed usually can be Chromecasted, for example Barre3 can't be Plex-ed so I use the Chrome cast to stream it to my television. I did the same for Udaya, when I briefly had a subscription.
Old 12-02-15, 04:01 PM  
slysam

My "system" is a little outdated, but works. I have a non-smart TV, phone, laptop and tablet. Which I use depends on the workout. I like the tablet or laptop for workouts where I am often in plank type positions like Tracy Anderson, many yoga practices and Horizontal Conditioning, etc.

I like the TV for dance and drill workouts where I am mostly standing. I use a Roku (mine is a few years old) to stream and also the app Plex for video files stored on my computer (I use plex on my tablet too for more floorwork intensive workouts). I haven't had good luck streaming through Plex, so instead I use a Mac to HDMI cable to connect my laptop with the TV if there isn't an appropriate Roku channel.

For entertainment (and sometimes workouts) I stream Netflix or Amazon Prime. I think I will need to update my streaming box sometime in the mid-future though (Amazon often freezes on my Roku but not on my tablet or laptop).
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-15, 04:36 PM  
leigh1673

I watch anything on YouTube through our Roku.

For other streaming stuff, I connect the laptop to the TV with the HDMI cable. It's a little bit of a pain to do, though, which is why I don't do it often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I stream directly from my Iphone to my tv. I have found this to be the easiest and most seamless method of streaming -- for me.
Oh that's a good idea. How do you hook the phone up to the TV?
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purple player, streaming, tech