Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-02-15, 02:07 PM  
antbuko

I enjoyed Morgan's backstory too. That guy who took him in was the Zen master. Now Morgan's the zen master, but I too think it will backfire on him/the group.

The fact that we are waiting for the story to come back to Glenn gives me hope that he survived. My daughter and her friends thought last night's episode was too much filler. I disagree. I think the past two episodes were intense, and as much as I want to find out about Glenn, I thought last night's episode was a nice respite from the intensity.
Old 11-02-15, 02:39 PM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I enjoyed Morgan's backstory too. That guy who took him in was the Zen master. Now Morgan's the zen master, but I too think it will backfire on him/the group.

The fact that we are waiting for the story to come back to Glenn gives me hope that he survived. My daughter and her friends thought last night's episode was too much filler. I disagree. I think the past two episodes were intense, and as much as I want to find out about Glenn, I thought last night's episode was a nice respite from the intensity.
I agree, but for me it was intense in a different way. I was totally heartbroken to hear Eastman's backstory. Like, it killed me. SO brutally wrenching.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 03:13 PM  
woodie

I'm torn. I loved the backstory and thought the whole things was amazing, but I still have most of my mind on Glenn and Rick and their predicaments. Not let down by any stretch of the imagination, but wanted more of the people we love.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 03:39 PM  
mtngoat

I found the story almost unbearably tense, but for (what most people would think was) a silly reason!

I was afraid that Morgan was going to kill the goat. I wouldn't have been able to forgive him for that. (I'm serious.) I actually left the room for a while. My DH called me back, and said the goat's alive. Morgan saved her. So Morgan's back on my good side.

I really loved Eastman. I wish he could have been a permanent character. His backstory was wrenching.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 03:53 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
I'm torn. I loved the backstory and thought the whole things was amazing, but I still have most of my mind on Glenn and Rick and their predicaments. Not let down by any stretch of the imagination, but wanted more of the people we love.
My thoughts exactly.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 04:09 PM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
I found the story almost unbearably tense, but for (what most people would think was) a silly reason!

I was afraid that Morgan was going to kill the goat. I wouldn't have been able to forgive him for that. (I'm serious.) I actually left the room for a while. My DH called me back, and said the goat's alive. Morgan saved her. So Morgan's back on my good side.

I really loved Eastman. I wish he could have been a permanent character. His backstory was wrenching.
I totally agree!!!!! I was SO worried he was going to kill her and I wouldn't have been able to forgive him either. I kept reminding myself that he was mentally in a VERY BAD PLACE, but I was having a hard time with it! LOL.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 04:20 PM  
antbuko

I was worried for the goat too! Lol! I binged watched all four Jurassic Park movies recently, and in the third one, some hunters came into the park and were trying to trap the smaller dinosaurs. Totally fake animals, yet I was upset with them!
Old 11-02-15, 05:11 PM  
Stephanie_B

Helen my kids felt bored filler too, but I think you have to be a certain age to appreciate last night's episode or a different mindset.

LOL I though the same about the goat, but when the goat was in the cage in the cabin I thought he's going to have that goat with him and something will happen to it....which it did, but not how I suspected.

I wish they would have kept Eastman longer.

One theory I read (maybe here?) is that we know in the comics Glenn dies. But this time we will have Morgan (Lenny, high demand actor) for one season and he'll die in Glenn's place how and by the same person that killed Glenn in the books. I hope so in some ways because then Glenn won't be dead for Maggie's sake (although why I'm so attached to these people is sad) and obviously for Glenn's. But really I don't want Morgan particularly gone either. I've seen him in other roles and he's just great.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 05:31 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
I thought last night's episode was incredible. Morgan's decisions drive me insane (ok, I get the notion that you don't want to kill, but his decision to leave that wolf in the house without telling anyone? that puts OTHER people at harm, which I think is over the line....), but the story was amazing and Eastman's tale was truly heartbreaking. Incredibly well done all around. I figured we'd have to wait a while before we find out about Glen, they weren't going to make it THAT easy on us.
I agree about Morgan's decisions. Though I did miss the very start. He is talking to the Wolf after they attacked the community? If so, at the very least he should inform the other survivors and let them have some say in what happens. But I can see that Morgan might feel that everyone deserves the second or third chances he had.

I liked the Eastman story line and they did a great job in giving us a full character in just one episode.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 05:46 PM  
slysam

Adding about Morgan's iffy decisions, I just found this article online from Vanity Fair, I was looking for some explanation of the wolves. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ves-alexandria
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd