Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-15, 07:11 AM  
woodie

While it made me sad (I say wailing Glen's name for at least 3 minutes) but I think it is genius. Glen, Dale, and Rick are my favorite characters and always have been so it was horrible to see one go and see the other in dire peril at the end of the show... but that is what will keep me coming back. We know they can die and probably will. The dead are everywhere. It has always been a show about holding out and holding on - truly escaping the horror is a hope that is only in the back of my mind. The stories along the way - the here and now - that's all that can be banked on and I've always appreciated that poignant fact on this show. One of the main characters - the ones we love - had to go. It's time. But it hurt to know it was Glenn.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 08:44 AM  
mle777

That was horrible. I was in such deep denial watching it and I'm still in deep denial. I just refuse to believe it. I think he's hiding under the dumpster and will show back up in a couple of episodes.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:01 AM  
basima

I believe Glen is still alive and will not believe otherwise until they show some sort of proof (the pocket watch,walker Glen, etc).

Also, on the Talking Dead they didn't even acknowledge him in the "in memorium" section.
basima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:05 AM  
pcdoctor01

I don't read the TWD comics but from what I've seen online (if they are following the comics), Glenn is supposed to die from another character.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:19 AM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
I don't read the TWD comics but from what I've seen online (if they are following the comics), Glenn is supposed to die from another character.
Yes, in the comics he dies a horrible death, and if I remember correctly I think it happens in front of Maggie. I have been dreading that for years now, and desperately hoping the writers would pull one of their famous twists and actually have Glenn survive. If Carol can live, why not Glenn????? And they killed off Andrea who is still alive in the comics. So I was really hoping they would let Glenn live. There are so many other characters they could kill off that would make me sad, but not devastate me like Glenn's death does.
Old 10-26-15, 01:42 PM  
slysam

Is it sad I logged on to see what you ladies are saying... :-) I hope this isn't a spoiler, bu it might be (though I don't know the future on either the show or book)...

I am sad, I have been expecting Glen to die from what I saw commentary on the comics, but we all know the show is a little different. (I haven't read them other than the first compilation book, but I suspect they will need to kill him for plot progression). I guess I would be kind of glad if it wasn't as tragic as in the books. But all those hints Maggie's possible pregnancy (it seems to me like they keep hinting) made me think his time is coming.

But still I hope not. I think his character deserves an end with more meaning and they kind of left it unclear. So I really would not be surprised if he somehow survives this. But if so, I will be even more fearful for what they may have planned for him. Unless they are just teasing book readers to keep them in suspense, I suspect Glen will die one way or another soon if not already. Hopefully not! He is one of my favorites. And it would actually be a good plot twist for both parents to be alive if a baby is born (has that happened yet?)
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 01:57 PM  
beth22

I don't believe Glenn is dead. He was not on Talking Dead afterwards (characters who die are almost always on after the episode they die in) and he wasn't acknowledged in the "in memorium" part of Talking Dead. When Nicholas shot himself he clearly fell on top of Glenn and I believe the walkers were eating Nicholas. I don't know how Glenn could get out of the situation he's in but maybe being covered in blood will help?

There's just no way he's dead. They would have had him on Talking Dead and at the very least acknowledged him in the "in memorium" part.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 02:33 PM  
woodie

I thought about that too - the comment that the writers made (?) about us seeing Glenn again also gave me pause. But still... if it is true... sniffle.

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 10-26-15, 02:34 PM  
woodie

In other news though, what happened to Rick's hand??? Did he cut it on the machete or did he get bitten? And how he is he gonna get out of the jam he is in?

New Butisattva

woodie
Old 10-26-15, 02:35 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
In other news though, what happened to Rick's hand??? Did he cut it on the machete or did he get bitten? And how he is he gonna get out of the jam he is in?
I have the same questions!!!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, fear the walking dead, ftwd, the walking dead, twd