Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-14, 05:28 PM  
slockhart

Tracy Anderson???

Hi everyone, I see a lot of posts on Tracy Anderson. I'm really looking for workouts that will slim my hips and thighs. I'm in really good shape (used to doing Cathe and pump), but in the last few months, I've been trying to target my hips and thighs, so I've switched up my workouts. I find the old school squats and lunges just don't work for me. I've been doing a lot of barre workouts to change things up. Research has led me to see a lot of posts on TA, but I've always read very bad and scary things about her workouts. I must admit the cardio looks weird, but I'm wondering specifically about her glutecentric and hipcentric workouts. Any info appreciated!
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 06:37 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
Hi everyone, I see a lot of posts on Tracy Anderson. I'm really looking for workouts that will slim my hips and thighs. I'm in really good shape (used to doing Cathe and pump), but in the last few months, I've been trying to target my hips and thighs, so I've switched up my workouts. I find the old school squats and lunges just don't work for me. I've been doing a lot of barre workouts to change things up. Research has led me to see a lot of posts on TA, but I've always read very bad and scary things about her workouts. I must admit the cardio looks weird, but I'm wondering specifically about her glutecentric and hipcentric workouts. Any info appreciated!
Stacey
She has tons of free workouts on youtube. Just do a search for her. I don't want to post any links for fear of the workouts getting deleted. There's also ballet beautiful. And plenty people report similiar results to Tracy. There are also free ballet beautiful workouts on youtube. Good luck
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 07:45 PM  
olala

TA Transform series for XBOX are fantastic. Absolutely the best of TA. Google YouTube Transform TA and take a look.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:26 PM  
daisyduke

Giving up traditional workouts and switching to TA was the best decision I've ever made. Good luck.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 08:32 PM  
StephanieF

I've only used Omni on the Metas so I'm no help there, but IMHO her Mat dvd is one of her best. Omni Meta has a lot of work on all fours and my wrists got tired, but it's been a few years since I went through it. Oh, even though she recommends against it, I used running as my cardio. Not dance cardio. It scares me. Her newer Precision Toning dvd is pretty good too, she breaks the moves down more in it, but she also counts every rep which gets annoying to me.

I couldn't find the xBox workouts on youtube. They're exclusive for xBox one as far as I know. You can get a pretty good idea on if you'd click with her from youtube probably.
StephanieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14, 09:09 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
Giving up traditional workouts and switching to TA was the best decision I've ever made. Good luck.
Agreed... The minute I go back, I bloat like no one's business.
Old 07-06-14, 09:42 PM  
slockhart

The minute you go back to what Christine? traditional workouts?
Old 07-06-14, 09:43 PM  
slockhart

Daisyduke - do you have a schedule that you follow?
Old 07-06-14, 09:46 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
The minute you go back to what Christine? traditional workouts?
Yes. I get so bored with Tracy, so I'll take time off - as long as six weeks thinking it was just bloat that would come off. It didn't. As soon as I went back to TA, I was back to normal.
Old 07-06-14, 10:27 PM  
SabrinaD

I am late following the TA meta trend, but seeing all the reviews here on VF is what made me purchase META glute. I'm starting day 41 tomorrow. I only do the 30 min toning (dance cardio with no cueing just doesn't work for me). I definitely notice a rounder behind, but I bought it in hopes of tightening the excess area right under my butt (which I don't think has changed so far) as well as a tighter look for the hamstring area (which, again, I see no change yet). I didn't buy hipcentric as that apparently really targets the outer thighs, and that isn't a problem area for me.

Along with doing the TA rotation (yes, I am following exactly as it says), I am adding dream body and tonique (it's been barely 2 weeks, and HoCo is on the way). I'm going to finish the full rotation before giving my full two cents of the workout. You definitely need to get in a zone when doing it as for the leg work you basically do 30-40 reps of 5-6 exercises (along with abs and arms).

I too am trying barre/high rep/fusion workouts to see its effects on my legs. I tried the heavy lifting route (CLX, P90X), and I just got bulkier. I'm hoping my new rotation will give me something new. With the amount of time I am investing (around 1 to 1.5 hours 6 days a week) I don't see how it can't have an effect on my body. I can keep you posted on it if you like.

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote