Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-14, 01:00 PM  
SabrinaD

Help me find a check-in!

Hi everyone,

I'm [fairly] new here and take exercising very seriously (as do all of you!). I love the fact that we all share the same passion and I can (finally) talk about my workouts with people who share the same interests as me!

I'd like to join a check-in but I'm not sure which one I belong in! I'm a teacher so I have A LOT of time to myself the next 7 weeks since I am off, and I am stepping up my game in exercising.

My rotation will be/has somewhat been:
TA meta glute 6 days a week (until I finish the rotation)
Tonique two times a week
Dream body two times a week
HoCo once a week (I'd like to do more but... When?)
Hoping to run on Saturdays (I keep saying this but things keep coming up!)
One day off

I'm probably going to add some ballet in there too (I will be inheriting ballet body and I'm currently looking at ballet beautiful). This is all because of joining VF that I seem to be wanting to do everything but that are all similar (tone and slim as opposed to lifting heavy since I did that since September and decided it was time for a change in June).

Seeing as there are quite a few check-ins, is there one that is similar to what I currently do to help keep me motivated? TIA you ladies have been very helpful this past month

ETA: I've been nervous just jumping in a group since you ladies all seem to know each other, and I didn't want to intrude!

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"

Last edited by SabrinaD; 07-02-14 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added ETA
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:05 PM  
Terry

The one I do, All My Workouts, is probably not what you are looking for, but you are welcome to join the same as anybody.

Everyone will be happy to welcome you no matter what group you join. Just go for it, feet first
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:09 PM  
shoegoddess

For starters WELCOME! And I'm sure any check in you join will welcome you with open arms. The one I do every month is"Just the Workouts".

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:18 PM  
LoveVA

Welcome Sabrina,

I'm in the Tonique check-in. We are a group of Tonique enthusiasts but we all do lots of other workouts, too. It's just that most of us do at least 1 Tonique a week. Many of us do TA, Dream Body, Ballet Beautiful, HoCo among other workouts.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:21 PM  
Carb8985

I do Tonique and Ballet Body (and now some PiYo) and we'd love to have you in the Tonique Check In. I love to share thoughts about the Ballet Body downloads because there are JUST SO MANY to talk about and keep track of.

A couple of ladies in the check-in also do TA and Ballet Beautiful and HoCo.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:29 PM  
lrb04

You are not intruding when you join a check in!!! Just dive in & chat about your workouts! I the check in section & belong to 3. When I start my first check in I was a little nervous but the girls here on all the check ins are nice so join one!! My check ins are- 1) I Want to walk 2) losers, maintainers. & no gainers 3) Cafe VF -- you are welcomed to join us!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:35 PM  
toomuchjoy

Agree with everyone....just jump in! I tend to lurk and read the different check ins. This way you will see if its the right place for you. But again, everyone is so friendly here.
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 01:51 PM  
Sandrine

Hi, and welcome to vf!!
The check-ins are great fun and do let you get to know a smaller group of vf-ers a bit more personally. Please don't hesitate to join any one that looks fun to you. None of them are exclusive; sometimes people join a check-in just because they know a few of the people who are on it.

The other thing you might like to do is start a new one! I'm not sure how many other teachers there are on vf, but how about a summer check-in for teachers and/or students who are out of school? You could go all summer and then decide whether or not to continue into the fall.

Either way, we're glad you're here!
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 09:22 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Hi Sabrina,

No check-in advice for you, but I just wanted to welcome a fellow Canadian.

I have found everyone here to be very friendly, so you should have no problems at all just jumping into to any check-in that grabs your eye.

I understand your difficulties with fitting in a run on Saturdays. I agree - something always seems to come up!

Paula

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-14, 10:24 PM  
momof10

Sabrina - I would like to second what LoveVA and Carb had to say. Please, you are more than welcome to join our Tonique check in. I started that check in because of my love for Tonique. All the women in this check in are so inspiring and we help motivate each other. I do Tonique, HoCo, Ballet Body, Buti, TRX and Spinning, plus a few other things when I can fit them in. I did TA Meta and Continuity. I have done Dream Body, both series. We learn about other workouts through our posts. Oh yea, we have runners on this check in, too. Please feel free to jump in with us or any other check in, because any one of them would love to have you.

Cheryl