Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-14, 04:31 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
Any chance you might be able to tell me your favorites for Spinervals and Sufferfest? **puppy dog eyes**

I haven't tried Spinervals but I've never met a Sufferfest download that I didn't like My favourite is It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time. It's loooong (2 hours) but you could do it in segments. It has a great mix of everything and is like a "best of" Sufferfest to me. On my blog, I break down each Sufferfest and give each a rating out of 10 for both difficulty and "enjoyability".
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 06:52 PM  
neatski

OP, I just can't stand Tonique- it's the most boring and torturous thing ever to me. There are many here who love it, but I just couldn't do it for longer than a week. Kettlebells did amazing things for my lower body but they did definitely make it bigger. Granted, I was using very heavy bells (16-22 kg typically (35-55 lbs))so that may have been a factor, and I was doing very high intensity training. My butt was very lifted and round but it was big! My pants were tight! What made my lower body look the most like the body that women seem to want is barre. That shrunk everything and made things tight and lean. I did mostly Barre3.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 06:56 PM  
Tugger31

Although it's not a specific leg workout, for some reason, whenever I do Cathe's Afterburn workout I get so sore in the butt/back of the upper thigh area EVERYTIME!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 07:11 PM  
gilbjeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Although it's not a specific leg workout, for some reason, whenever I do Cathe's Afterburn workout I get so sore in the butt/back of the upper thigh area EVERYTIME!!
This!!! 100%
I am an advanced exerciser. I throw this workout in once very week or every other week and every single time I get DOMS in my butt and hamstrings for a few days later.
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 09:22 PM  
videofit

Greg Smithey's Original Buns of Steel targets those areas. Blast from the past. No perfect looking background exercisers, just regular folks who are strong.
Old 06-27-14, 09:39 PM  
bjones

Getting good results in your glutes means making sure you are actually USING them during the workout. Check out Bret Contrares (the glute guy) on youtube and he will explain the details. The glutes are very lazy muscles and won't fire unless you work at it.
I did Cathe's STS program and by the end of meso 3 I had NO BUTT left. It turned out I was using my low back and hamstrings primarily for the exercises. I am now working on glute activation exercises and focusing on contracting my glutes with all types of exercise involving the lower body. It is making a HUGE difference. I bought "Strong Curves" by Bret and it has a lot of really good form pointers.
So I think the bottom line is that all these DVDs have great exercises that can target the glutes and give you results as long as you learn how to fire the glute muscles first!!!
Beth
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 01:52 AM  
Sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSeaSue View Post
I haven't tried Spinervals but I've never met a Sufferfest download that I didn't like My favourite is It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time. It's loooong (2 hours) but you could do it in segments. It has a great mix of everything and is like a "best of" Sufferfest to me. On my blog, I break down each Sufferfest and give each a rating out of 10 for both difficulty and "enjoyability".
Thank you! I also checked out your Blog reviews and really enjoyed them, I'll definitely visit your blog more often
The Virtual Actives look great, too and they offer Downloads, yay! I also checked out the epic Rides and those look great as well (sooo many choices now...) and they have a 30% off right now!
I'm really, really interested in the Sufferland Training plans (Novice for now) but that + necessary downloads would be really expensive... on the other hand... I'd be set for at least ten weeks **vidiot logic**

Also wanted to add: Ballet Beautiful has 25% off of the Streaming Library (those indivudals videos you can buy) with BBLove14 until July 4th. For butt and saddlebags maybe check out the Hip&Outer Thigh, Bridge&Ball, Lunge and the Ballet Babys are also really great.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 08:35 AM  
katherine4

Thank you, everybody, for your sharing your ideas and thoughts about lower body focused workouts! I really appreciate it! I'm going to start researching your suggestions and take it from there.

Wish me luck in my lower body tone-up quest!

Thanks very much!

Katherine
katherine4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-14, 08:53 AM  
SabrinaD

I started taking exercising very seriously 2 years ago and have always focused on the glutes - I have some excess fat right under the butt and that was my target area (even though I know you can't spot reduce). I did Brazilian butt lift for a while then butt bible and then focused on all the glute exercises found on fitnessblender website (free online). It takes A LONG time to shape it the way you want it, so you really need to be patient. I now always get compliments on my behind but I'm not satisfied with the thighs. I'm now doing TA glute meta rotation (toning only) and it's been one week where I started incorporating dream body and tonique. I'm actually surprised with the results I'm getting just with doing TA alone, but given that I have the summer off (teacher) I'm adding DB and tonique as that's what I read here on VF that works. It is tough, and tonique is definitely a love/hate workout. I'm JUST starting with both. I'll keep you posted how it goes as I created a 2 month rotation with what I own (and I am going to add HoCo once a week once I buy it on sale).

I exercise because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"
SabrinaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 01:36 PM  
Michefit

sorry see next post...
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lower body tightening, lower body workouts, strong stride