Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-14, 02:48 PM  
chrisqan

I wanted to add, that I really think Sylwia wanted us to try the entire FF workout with no breaks because it's not as chaptered as BTM. FF just feels more continuous, rather than 3 separate workouts, it flows as one. Maybe that's why she named them "phases" rather than "workouts". In any case, I personally would never want to do the entire 3.5 hour workout straight through.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 09:38 AM  
casey

I don't think I could ever do the entire Phase 2 in one workout. I love Phase 1 and Phase 3. I did the first 33 minutes of Phase 2, two times to work both legs, a couple days ago. Yesterday I did the next 20 minutes of Phase 2, working both legs and then followed it with Phase 3. It was really good because that section of Phase 2 is very arm and shoulder intensive, along with the crazy leg work.

I just don't want to do more than an hour workout. Sometimes I do 90 minutes and enjoy it, when I have time. I see enough physical and mental benefits just doing one hour though. I really love her Express downloads because I can combine them to be as short or as long as I want, to follow a run or to do on their own.

The only thing I wish is that when she does a set on one leg, she follows it with the other leg. Or at least do 10 sets on one leg and then follow with the same on the other leg. That would make it so much easier to break her workouts down into shorter segments. Mentally, its hard for me to repeat a 30 minute segment so I work both legs, especially if I've been suffering and cursing her under my breath. I really love how I feel when I'm done though.

I know Sylwia says she teaches a two hour class and she wants us to work up to doing her workout like she teaches her class. I actually think Sylwia works in a more intuitive manner, instead of technically planning out her workouts, so its hard for her to make her workouts break down easily into shorter segments.

Casey.
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 10:04 AM  
JulieIL

I am just shaking my head and actually laughing, thinking about doing Tonique for 3 1/2 hours!! Sylwia is seriously superhuman. Those of you that have attempted more than 2 hours are also suspect.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 10:20 AM  
willowey124

Quote:
I wanted to add, that I really think Sylwia wanted us to try the entire FF workout with no breaks because it's not as chaptered as BTM. FF just feels more continuous, rather than 3 separate workouts, it flows as one.
chrisqan - what Sylwia wants and what she gets are two entirely different things as far as I'm concerned he he!

Quote:
I don't think I could ever do the entire Phase 2 in one workout.
Casey - Ditto!
Quote:
The only thing I wish is that when she does a set on one leg, she follows it with the other leg. Or at least do 10 sets on one leg and then follow with the same on the other leg. That would make it so much easier to break her workouts down into shorter segments. Mentally, its hard for me to repeat a 30 minute segment so I work both legs, especially if I've been suffering and cursing her under my breath.
Casey - I did the first 50 mins (Phase 2 Part 1) swapping legs after 15 reps and believe me, I got a really good, sweaty workout. You may be fitter than me, so perhaps can go for longer, but just wanted to suggest another option should you wish.

I really admire Sylwia and am pleased that she offers us masses of workout material in her workouts: however, I cannot and don't think I ever will be able, to use the workout as a "marathon" like she suggests. An hour of Tonique is perfectly sufficient for me and gives me the benefits that I crave. I simply don't have the time for a 2 hour+ workout. Having said that, if someone has the stamina, desire and time to complete the full Phase 2, then I think that's great too
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 10:56 AM  
Sophie

all these posts are making me laugh. Yes, I agree that Sylwia is very intuitive in her approach and you either are able to go with the flow and just rep along with her or stare and pant wondering what's next.

I sometimes do 90 minute workouts but only when the intensity varies (ie, finish off with 20 minutes of yoga) so I can't personally imagine doing more than 90 minutes of Tonique level intensity. I salute all those who can!

I still haven't ordered, since I'm planning to build up to them first using her older stuff. I guess I'll wander over to Mary's now, though. ETA: I guess she doesn't have them in stock yet. I can wait. I still have to train for these ETA: duh. After reading Erica's post I realized she does have them. They show up if you search for "tonique" but not "sylwia".

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 11:12 AM  
Erica H.

Is anyone having trouble with their Femme Fatale disc? I received mine yesterday (from Mary) and my DVD player really grinds away trying to read the disc and then I couldn't view Sway - it would freeze and I couldn't fast forward at all. Haven't tried other parts yet.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 06:45 PM  
Cassy

Anyone know when Mary will have the video clip for ATM?
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-14, 11:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Anyone know when Mary will have the video clip for ATM?
I've been stalking her site for it! (no, I don't know)
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 12:19 AM  
koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I've been stalking her site for it! (no, I don't know)
Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this. lol
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-14, 08:58 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

So I've just ordered FF from Mary. What am I getting myself into???

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote