Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-13, 12:15 PM  
Cassy

Pamela - I'm sorry about your hard year. I'm not a tonique expert but I've been trying to build up with them after having a csection in Oct (also I'm an older mom over 40 so I need help getting back in shape). I think the best place to start is her express downloads that she came out with a couple months back. I like the set and her outfits. The sculpt ones are only 17 and 20 mins. I think because the length is short you can build up to doing the whole thing. Which gives you a sense of accomplishment. She does do plank moves in here but I'm not really ready for planks so I just skip those.

Then I would say premier if you just break up and do certain chapters. I do like the way there is a title bar when she switches exercises. I think this also gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Then probably tonique 2. Also just do what you can. This one gets harder because I think she says longer on one move which is where the dread can come in. Also I find this to be her worst set (same as the mat set). So not sure if that effects you. It doesn't bother other people.

Her first born to move I think is hard because she spends a ton of time on one leg which can be discouraging when you are building up. So this one should come later.

For floor work her mat workout can be easily split up too. This one isn't my favorite but if you want floor work you can split it by on the side, on the back and on all fours.

I haven't done cardio mat is so long I can't comment. Also her sculpt dynamics wasn't a favorite of mine but I will revisit as I get better. Also if you have a rebounder her jumping around moves are much more fun on a rebounder.

Finally for me a must is to play your own music. This has made a huge deal for me. Something about Sylwia always saying "focus" drives me nuts. It probably doesn't bug other people but every time she says it it's like nails on a chalk board to me.

So in summary I do feel these do have an addictive quality the better you get and I do feel tighter since I've been trying them. I feel I have more energy and my legs feel much stronger.

I'm open to someone providing more insight if I got something wrong.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 12:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

On Born to Move, some of us do about 15 reps on one leg and then do 15 on the other before Sylwia moves on to the next move. It's a good way to build up to it and also get a shorter workout in (but still quite a good workout!). I think the most important thing is to just do what you can and try to do a little more each time, but don't sweat it if you can't do the whole thing!

Cassy, funny but yes, the set bothers me more than the music I think!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-13, 01:47 PM  
pcramer

Cassey,

Thank you so much for your detailed response, it helps me quite a bit!!

I will start with the Express workouts as you suggested and start working my way up. I'm carrying an extra 45+ pounds, so I know this will make Tonqiue even more challenging, but hopefully this time next year I will have mastered Tonqiue and my lower body to boot

Merry Christmas!!

Pamela
Old 12-26-13, 08:24 AM  
Cassy

bee that's a great idea. I will do that.

Pamela - you can build up fast. I'm really enjoying tonique this time around. I'm planning to order her new ones as soon as a see a clip.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-13, 10:55 PM  
nairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
Cassey,

Thank you so much for your detailed response, it helps me quite a bit!!

I will start with the Express workouts as you suggested and start working my way up. I'm carrying an extra 45+ pounds, so I know this will make Tonqiue even more challenging, but hopefully this time next year I will have mastered Tonqiue and my lower body to boot

Merry Christmas!!

Pamela
Hi Pamela!

The ladies are right- you will catch on and make progress quickly with Toniques.

They are very hard but your body is just able to push through and you get better each time you do it. I was scared to do BTM workout 1 for the longest time but I got good at it real quick. I modify some moves but I am much better at it!

You will master it in no time and you can tell us all about the awesome progress you've made!

I haven't gotten shipping confirmation for Femme Fatal and I am DYING to get it!! Pls pls pls be in the mail tomorrow!! PLEASE

? have to update/365
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-13, 10:20 AM  
LeanneM

Has anyone gotten their DVDs yet? I keep hoping that they'll arrive soon!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-13, 12:13 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Has anyone gotten their DVDs yet? I keep hoping that they'll arrive soon!
I hope they arrive today.

Cheryl
Old 12-27-13, 12:20 PM  
chrisqan

I can hardly wait! I hope they arrive today as well, but if they don't I might just have to purchase the downloads too. Really want to test them out.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-13, 12:21 PM  
koinonia

Maybe they haven't shipped yet?

Tonique fulfillment is on a skiing vacation in Utah.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-13, 12:23 PM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
Maybe they haven't shipped yet?

Tonique fulfillment is on a skiing vacation in Utah.
lol, but i'm hoping she has an assistant?
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote