Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-12, 03:58 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
A lot of AOE's post are passive aggressive. Just gotta get that dig in.
Yes. We've noticed.
Old 04-23-12, 04:15 PM  
casey

I was a little taken aback by AoE's posts because she seems so angry in general. I remember people like that when I held several different retail jobs when I was younger. They just were angry at the world in general and nothing I did would be okay with them. In fact, their only moment of pleasure was if I did something incorrectly. I never forgot those jobs, even though I eventually went to law school and became an attorney. I learned that I'm not better than someone else just because they may hold a job that appears to be "menial" and that EVERYONE deserves basic kindness and civility. A little kindness and compassion goes a long way. I truly believe one kind act has a ripple effect. I'm sorry you're so angry at the world, AoE and I hope one day, you find peace inside yourself.
Old 04-23-12, 04:18 PM  
Michele S

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron View Post
I've been noticing this a lot on VF lately. It never used to be this way. If I had joined VF within the last year or two I'd be afraid to start posting and just stay in lurkdom.
this!!

I've been a member of VF for a long, long time. This is a relatively new phenomenon.
Old 04-23-12, 04:37 PM  
desderata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
A seller can set whatever price they want. Why e-mail them about it? Also, lots of international buyers don't have access to certain products and are willing to pay extra. I have purchased quite a few Japanese products for more than retail because they are not available in the US. It is worth it to me to pay extra.

The OP asked a question and people gave opinions. It wasn't finger-wagging. How is an unsolicited e-mail to a seller rebuking then for their price any better?
Not finger wagging? Did you read the same bolded, underlined post I did that went on and on and on, rubbing the OP's face in the fact she misread or misinterpreted what was posted? Guess finger wagging is in the eye of the beholder.

As for the seller -- if you have the sheer nerve to buy up a bunch of copies of S90 and sell them for at least 2.5 times what you paid for them, it's fair game to inquire how what you're selling justifies such a price increase.
Old 04-23-12, 05:11 PM  
ellaenchanted

the horse is dead...

desderata, the difference is that one person asked for opinions and the other did not

This thread has turned very nasty.
Old 04-23-12, 06:36 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

To the original OP, I'm sorry you were misled by the listing but glad that the seller is issuing you a full refund. It sounds like you are fairly new to buying on Ebay and this can be a learning experience for the future if you decide to buy on Ebay again (I hope you will, there are plenty of good sellers on Ebay). I was also amazed that people are paying that kind of money for this $20 set (I think my jaw actually dropped open) but if people are willing to pay it, you can't really blame the seller for doing it. Free enterprise, blah, blah, blah and it is up to consumers to do the research. It doesn't even take much when there are plenty of the S90 sets on Ebay for much less $.

As for AOE's posts, I am guessing as a fellow Ebay seller that she has had her fair share of issues with buyers not properly reading the descriptions & then getting upset with her about it. The frustration that I'm sure she's felt with this is probably coming across in her posts but I can totally relate to that because it is very annoying when buyers don't read descriptions and then want to rate you poorly because of it (which is not a reflection of the OP, obviously you have worked it out and you came here for advice prior to that). I do have a fairly lenient return policy though because I try to ensure customer satisfaction, but it can be frustrating!
Old 04-23-12, 06:42 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
This thread has turned very nasty.
I agree - and I don't understand it. We're not supposed to make personal attacks, but ganging up on someone is okay? Heaven knows I'm pretty opinionated, but I also manage to see both sides of many discussions. One of my greatest frustrations is my inability to express myself the way I'd like. I don't post much in heated discussions because I don't trust myself to meet the high standards of civility. I can be blunt. I don't mean to be rude, but maybe it's my get-to-the-point science background.

I'm actually kind of upset that VF'ers will jump all over someone because of the way the post. I've seen far worse, but maybe I'm missing something. Sometimes I think we try to be a little too perfect.

Something to think about: What if the seller was a VF'er (and maybe she is?), and came on the board to complain about the buyer? I'm very glad this transaction seems to have a happy ending. It's reassuring considering all the horror stories we've heard lately.
Old 04-23-12, 07:17 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey View Post
I was a little taken aback by AoE's posts because she seems so angry in general. I remember people like that when I held several different retail jobs when I was younger. They just were angry at the world in general and nothing I did would be okay with them. In fact, their only moment of pleasure was if I did something incorrectly. I never forgot those jobs, even though I eventually went to law school and became an attorney. I learned that I'm not better than someone else just because they may hold a job that appears to be "menial" and that EVERYONE deserves basic kindness and civility. A little kindness and compassion goes a long way. I truly believe one kind act has a ripple effect. I'm sorry you're so angry at the world, AoE and I hope one day, you find peace inside yourself.
Very well said.
Old 04-23-12, 07:23 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

People are not perfect. People don't always read every word of what they sign; people don't always investigate before they buy something; people misunderstand what someone else says or writes; people write misleading or ambiguous advertisements. There will always be misunderstandings between people, and it's rarely the fault of just one side---there are always 2 sides to every story.
Old 04-23-12, 08:17 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

The OP has a satisfactory resolution for her transaction and has acknowledged that she should have done her homework on the product she thought she was purchasing. There is no need for VFers to get nasty with each other. I am closing the thread.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Closed Thread

Tags
bootleg, ebay