Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-10, 12:24 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Tricia: I REALLY think you'll have better luck getting your money back thru Paypal. It takes a little time because they give the seller a chance to pay you back first. If he doesn't then they'll try to take it out of his Paypal account.

I would NOT send the dvd back unless he repays you or you have PROOF of it being sent and delivered (get Delivery Confirmation for sure).

Good luck..it's sad, but it sure happens.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 12:50 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severen View Post
I have the high bid on one of those. If I win, here's hoping that I don't get ripped off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
Why would you follow through on this auction if there is suspicion that the DVD is fake? You can retract your bid.
Exactly. What makes you think yours will not be a fake?

Tricia, sorry you were sold bootlegs. I hate that dishonest sellers seem to be running rampant on ebay and they don't do a damn thing. Worse, that some people are sold bootlegs but don't leave bad feedback if they get their money back or don't care as long as they play.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 01:16 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Tricia: I REALLY think you'll have better luck getting your money back thru Paypal. It takes a little time because they give the seller a chance to pay you back first. If he doesn't then they'll try to take it out of his Paypal account.

I would NOT send the dvd back unless he repays you or you have PROOF of it being sent and delivered (get Delivery Confirmation for sure).

Good luck..it's sad, but it sure happens.
I tried with Paypal, but it truly just kept linking me back to ebay over and over again. I have a shipping confirmation to send it back and then ebay will refund my money once they get a confirmation that it was delivered. i'm still very nervous tho. I only have ONE shipping confirmation b/c i'm sending them all in one package (4 seperate items) and it wont let me enter that one confirmation number for all 4 items. I called ebay and was transferred several times (and got disconnected once after waiting on hold FOREVER) and they assured me that this wasnt going to be a problem as long as I have the weight correctly listed on the package - meaning, that clearly there are 4 dvds in the package. I was on the phone with them for quite awhile - all while juggling my noisy kids and trying not to LOSE IT on the person I was talking to. I really, really hope that I did not screw up again. Oh and trust me - this dude will NOT be getting a good review from me. He changed his user name, so I dont know who to score here...guess i'll have to see once all of this is said and done. I feel like such an idiot.

I strongly advise that person who is bidding on the TA dvd to NOT buy it. Please let me be a lesson to you. I am NEVER buying on ebay AGAIN. EVER. I'm not confident that this will be resolved and that i'll get my money back. Just don't want this to happen to anyone else.
Old 02-03-10, 12:27 AM  
sophie kat

trisha, again i'm sorry that this happened to you. i wanted to say thanks for posting this as a warning to us. please continue to keep us posted. ((hug))

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-10, 08:14 AM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
trisha, again i'm sorry that this happened to you. i wanted to say thanks for posting this as a warning to us. please continue to keep us posted. ((hug))
Yeah, i'll let you all know what happens. I sent the dvds back to the seller yesterday and so I would guess he'll have them by Friday or Saturday and as soon as ebay gets confirmation that he has them, they'll deposit the money into my paypal - and i will promptly move it to my bank. not takin any more chances!
Old 02-06-10, 09:10 AM  
trishthedish

Just thought I'd let you all know that I was refunded in full by Ebay this morning. After emailing back and forth with a few different departments and talking to them on the phone, I was finally able to get them to issue a refund instead of waiting for the lame seller to do so. So yay! And i'm never buying anything like that again on ebay! Lesson learned!
Old 02-06-10, 09:27 AM  
CarlaShanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
Just thought I'd let you all know that I was refunded in full by Ebay this morning. After emailing back and forth with a few different departments and talking to them on the phone, I was finally able to get them to issue a refund instead of waiting for the lame seller to do so. So yay! And i'm never buying anything like that again on ebay! Lesson learned!
I'm so glad you got your money back! I haven't bought anything off ebay since 2002 when I never received what I paid for and neither the seller nor ebay would help me. I can't understand why anybody uses ebay, ever!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 09:52 AM  
alisoncooks

Great news! Good for you!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 10:21 AM  
Karen M

I do quite a bit of buying and selling on eBay. Through the years I have had several problems with not receiving an item or getting a counterfeit etc. Every time I filed a complaint with Paypal which resulted in a complete refund of the purchase price and shipping.

There were times I had to wait for the money because the seller didn't have the funds in his Paypal account but I was eventually given a full refund. Now, you have to follow all the rules (which are pretty reasonable) but the process does work, IMO.
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 11:49 AM  
sophie kat

trisha, that's good news. i'm glad you got ebay to give a refund. i know you're relieved.

let that be a lesson to us all...

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay, fraud