Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-10, 08:04 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by roleez View Post
BTW, I found him on Ebay & so far he has 100% feedback. Looks like he is brand new, only been under this user ID for 30 days but he could have previously used a different ID & sold bootlegs with that one too!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
Yeah, im pretty sure he changed his name. I think it was something different before. But when I purchased, that name had 100% positive feedback.
Old 02-01-10, 08:06 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
If ebay & paypal aren't helping, can't you just dispute it on your credit card? I'd also contact the owners of the copyrite and let them know their workouts have been bootlegged... if nothing else, they can check into them too.
I got a bootleg, and I contacted the seller & told them I'd contact ebay & paypal & dispute the charges...and they sent back a note that they'd refund the charges.
Sorry your seller is more of a weenie.
Maybe just dispute with your CC, and skip ebay & paypal.
Yeah, I guess I could try that. Its my bank card tho. Does that make a difference you think? Wells Fargo is usually nothing but trouble for me. They never seem to want to help out.

How do i go about disputing it with my CC anyway? Sorry...this has never happened to me before - I'm clueless!
Old 02-01-10, 08:22 PM  
psnave

Sorry to hear you were ripped off. Been there, done that.

Here's how to get the Paypal complaint done: First, head over to Ebay, log in and copy your ebay auction number for the dvd's. 2) Goto Paypal and open up dispute using auction # from step 1

**IIRC, You really can't open a paypal claim without having the Ebay auction #, and that might be why you keep getting redirected to Ebay.

The Paypal process takes a week or so, If I remember right. A lot of times guilty sellers won't even respond to Paypal, and then you will automatically be given your refund.

If Paypal receives enough complaints, they will freeze the seller's account and he will pretty much be done on Ebay with that user name anyway. I've heard they are cracking down on people opening new accounts after they have been banned.

I would also leave him very negative feedback after you get Paypal refund.

Good luck!
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 08:39 PM  
howardrsh

I don't use Ebay or PayPal anymore. A few years ago I checked my e-mail one morning to find I was the proud "winner" of a massage table on eBay. Quite a bargain at $120 - HOWEVER - I never bid on this table!! When I found out that the table was $120, but the shipping was @$800 from SWEDEN, I got ticked. Also, someone was using my eBay ID to bid on video games that they never won, thank goodness. I disputed this with eBay, and you would have thought I was the person in the wrong. They advised me to change my ID and passwords on everything associated with my eBay account - including my e-mail. Bottomline, although I kept getting harrassed by the seller of the Swedish massage table, eBay said they took care of the issue, but they wouldn't tell me what happened for sure, or if they found the person responsible. I shut down my PayPal account as part of this process and have not used either site for anything since then. Sometimes it is just better to order from the source and pay more than all the other crazy things that can happen dealing with sellers on eBay!

I hope you have a good ending, Trish!

Robbin
howardrsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 08:41 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrsh View Post
I don't use Ebay or PayPal anymore. A few years ago I checked my e-mail one morning to find I was the proud "winner" of a massage table on eBay. Quite a bargain at $120 - HOWEVER - I never bid on this table!! When I found out that the table was $120, but the shipping was @$800 from SWEDEN, I got ticked. Also, someone was using my eBay ID to bid on video games that they never won, thank goodness. I disputed this with eBay, and you would have thought I was the person in the wrong. They advised me to change my ID and passwords on everything associated with my eBay account - including my e-mail. Bottomline, although I kept getting harrassed by the seller of the Swedish massage table, eBay said they took care of the issue, but they wouldn't tell me what happened for sure, or if they found the person responsible. I shut down my PayPal account as part of this process and have not used either site for anything since then. Sometimes it is just better to order from the source and pay more than all the other crazy things that can happen dealing with sellers on eBay!

I hope you have a good ending, Trish!

Robbin
Yikes! Perhaps I should count my blessings! Thats rough!
Old 02-01-10, 09:54 PM  
bubbles76

Trish, my experience isn't exactly like yours, but here is what happened to me: I attempted, in good faith, to buy a DVD from YaYas. Paid through Paypal. Turns out, the person never had the DVD, never intended to send the DVD, and I was out money. When I went to dispute the charges with Paypal, they basically told me that I would have to go through a dispute process. It all amounted to this: nothing would really be done to the seller, because they could create another account in a new name anyway. I was told that unless there was money in LisaWu's account there wasn't much that paypal could do.

Since the dispute process was going to take so long at Paypal and nothing would get done to the seller anyway (and chances were, I wouldn't get my money back) I filed a dispute through my bank. I even had my bank put a stop payment on ANY transactions coming from Paypal for the amount of the DVD. I got my money back through my bank, who I assume got the money through PayPall. Luckily, all I had in my PayPal account was the money I put in there to buy the DVD, or Paypal might have charged it through MY Paypal account. That actually happened to a VFer here who dealt with her. She had money in her PayPal account, and although her bank stopped payment to PayPa, Paypal subsequently charged HER, which caused her previous transactions to go bouncing all over the place.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 10:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sad. I no longer even look at ebay, and haven't for years. It doesn't seem like an auction place for regular people anymore, but a place for sharks and cheaters. I much prefer to pay few bucks more at a reputalble place, and know exactly what I'll get for my money.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 10:30 PM  
juberann

SO sorry to hear that I had that happen to me twice on eBay,once with Winsor Pilates and another time with a Leslie WATP package. I hate eBay and never buy there anymore.
Contact the sleazy seller and demand your money back and,after you do that, contact eBay, though I doubt that will stop this seller from turning around and just making a new seller account It's maddening and VERY insulting that these people don't know many people know the difference between an original and a bootleg.
Good luck and,again, I am truly sorry this happened to you

Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 11:48 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Sorry that this happened to you. What really makes no sense to me is Paypal or Ebay saying you should return the DVDs to the seller. If Ebay truly had an interest in protecting buyers from fraud and preventing the sale of bootlegs, they should be requiring that the DVDs be sent to Ebay for investigation. It has always seemed to me that Ebay cares very little about protecting buyers and cares more about collecting fees from sellers.

If it were me, I would contact TA and P57 and would send THEM the DVDs and all the information about the Ebay seller. They would have the most interest in pursuing people who are selling bootlegs of their products.

I wouldn't have any more contact with the seller. There is a high likelihood that the seller will get the DVDs back and will never send the refund. I would just dispute the charge with the credit card company.

It's too bad that Ebay has become so full of dishonest sellers. I buy most of my DVDs from Amazon.com (not the marketplace), or from Mary.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 02:48 AM  
bee1forfitness

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Sad. I no longer even look at ebay, and haven't for years. It doesn't seem like an auction place for regular people anymore, but a place for sharks and cheaters. I much prefer to pay few bucks more at a reputalble place, and know exactly what I'll get for my money.
Yes I agree, I've not bought anything on Ebay for 5 years because of change in the sellers. I agree about paying full price at a reputable website/store, thought TRX is pricy, I bought mine directly from the manufacture, BOB posted his horrible experience he had when he bought his TRX off of Ebay (I believe he paid something like $120, if memory serves me he eventually got his money back), it also was a bootleg TRX, this is so sad, about what happen to you, I truly hope you get all your money back. This also make me sad about what has happen to Ebay as well...just sad
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay, fraud