Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-10, 12:16 PM  
Jett

Snow Day--Other than ShovelMax

We're supposed to get 24 inches here in Central Virginia. I'm gonna fire up a Carmichael Training System hill climbing session. Anyone else snowed in? Anyone else working out?

BTW, the ShovelMax graphics are fabulous. But the soundtrack isn't so great.
Old 02-05-10, 01:12 PM  
kathylcsw

Jett I am pretty close to you just south of Roanoke for me. I am definitely snowed in! I worked out this morning and plan on doing a run/walk interval on the treadmill later. This evening I am going to make spaghetti because it seems like a good snowed in kind of dinner!
Old 02-05-10, 01:27 PM  
ldy_solana

lynchburger here! tired of this snow and no more shoveling for me LOL. i have been using the wii fit plus A LOT along with gold's gym cardio game just to beat boredom and to keep from sitting on my tail. still working out just not going outside. already did a walk to get milk i am good LOL.

i just want to go back to work already(i know work at a high school and say that, the snow has gotten to me LOL).

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 03:06 PM  
counterclockwise

Hampton Roads here. Being from the deep south, silly me thought it was so cool last week when it snowed. But then it just kept snowing...and kept snowing...and then stayed around forever! It was finally almost all melted, and here we go again. I don't think I like snow. : )
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 03:34 PM  
donnamp

Hi - I'm in MD (DC-ish area) (waving to Kassia!!) and it is snowing here and I'm sick of it!! I have lived here for 11.5 years, and it hasn't snowed like this in all that time, and I can really go another 11.5 before it happens again! It was fun at first (in December when this happened the first time!)....but the thought of shoveling 2+ feet of snow and what that is going to do to my messed up sore back doesn't make me happy. I think I'd be ok with the snow thing if I didn't have to shovel. I may be doing recovery workouts for a week or too after this weekend's shovel max!

It has been amusing to watch the grocery store runs - I swear someone had 50 containers of millk in their cart!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 03:45 PM  
counterclockwise

Looks like ours is stopping already!!??
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 06:38 PM  
psnave

Wow, what a crazy winter! I feel for you guys in the Mid Atlantic. Do your street crews have the right heavy equipment to deal with that amount of sleet and snow? I bet most places just shut down. Be safe.

We were supposed to have light snow today, turned into about 6 inches and another storm is supposed to dump several inches more on Sun-Monday.

I keep planning on exercising, but running after the kids has eaten up most of the day.

Patricia
psnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 08:24 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

I've lived in the DC area since 1990 and DC itself since 1995. This winter has been bad (although the one several years back where we got slammed with 3 snowstorms within a week sticks in my mind).

I shoveled about an hour ago and if I have the energy I'll take another swipe before going to bed. We live on a corner lot, which makes it a lot more work, but we have one of those ergonomic shovels and it really does make shoveling much much easier. This snow is what I call 'heart attack snow'--wet and heavy. The snowfall we got last weekend was powder--I could just sweep it away. This snow is too heavy for that.

Oh well, it's exercise, at any rate!

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 08:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Rockville, MD here. I am trying to alternate between shoveling and inside activity. We just finished clearing the first 4-5? inches. At some point this evening, I deserve a major stretch! It's still coming down hard and is supposed to worsen overnight, so tomorrow will be more of the same, I'm sure.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-10, 09:12 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Harford County here. I called it a "rest day" and have alternated between being online, napping, and reading on my Kindle. Actually still in my pajamas!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote