Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-25-22, 12:24 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Some updates - my doggie does have some type of kidney disease - most likely due to age (she is probably around 13 years old - which is a good old age for a Lab) - the vet said they could do more testing but she seems pretty confident that this is age related. So, she is on a special diet - low protein, low sodium, low phosphorus and hopefully that will slow things down. Fortunately since she is a Lab she is having no problem eating the prescription food.

And, my DD's BF has COVID. He was at our house on Friday and she was with him all day on Sunday - so....just waiting for the inevitable. Both of them are vaxed and boosted and her BF had COVID once before! Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I had a poor night of sleep - my Lab was up needing water and to go outside at 2:00 a.m.! If it isn't one thing it is another to keep me up at night.

So, today was another Ellen day -

Ellen - Moving for Beauty

I will try to get more in later.

Summer Breeze - I'm glad there is some improvement. I was really suffering yesterday - I think it was a combo of things - being so sedentary on Saturday when hiding out from the painters and then doing all that deep cleaning on Sunday - both too much and too little activity bothers me.

Pat - yay on finishing Lucy's challenge. I really want to do something a little more formal for February - I may combine a Lucy challenge w/ some Pilates...I do need to work on getting stronger.....

waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 01:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning and sorry for being MIA!

I’ve been going to more lovely beachfront yoga classes, swimming, & doing lots of walking.

Donna - Sorry you’ve had a Covid exposure and hope your family doesn’t get it.

Pat - Congrats on finishing Lucy’s challenge!

Summer breeze - Sorry to hear your back is still giving you grief.

Waves to Diane!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I took advantage of a spike to 38 degrees and had a nice 20 minute lunch walk. I saw a beautiful red tailed hawk for my efforts and had a real clear view of his activities with the leaves gone.

In the evening I enjoyed my own sequence of yin poses. Also got over 7,000 steps for the first time in a few weeks.

Pam, are you getting tired of Hawaii? No? LOL. Your yoga on the beach in HI sounds beyond amazing.

Donna, I'm sorry for the news about your lab. But I did have a chuckle over how she wouldn't mind her new diet. Oh NO! about the COVID! I hope you get some rest tonight and have clear tests.

Summer Breeze, I'm glad you popped in to let us know how you're doing. I found the mat work/forward bends in the Attitude premix to be tweaky too, and proceeded at my own pace or subbed. My back used to give me a little leeway but now when it barks, I pay attention!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 12:11 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Lively Ladies - Bodyweight Cardio (1/21/22 upload)

Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates - Day 1 - which was Level 1 Pilates

Last night after a long day of sitting I did a CS episode - it may have been 1223 but I'm not sure

My DD says she has a scratchy throat, is fatigued and has come congestion but she seems fine - hopefully that is as bad as it gets. Her BF is not terribly sick from it, either. And so far DH and I are fine. Hopefully those vaccines will do their job!

Pat - nice job getting outside, my step count has not been good lately!!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 01-27-22, 10:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a mild one:

~ Weight Loss with Natasha Mohan - 10 Minute Walk at Home
~ My own restorative practice after massage therapy - supported bridge, fish, supta, child's, followed by early to bed
~ 5,073 steps

I found Matasha while looking for something short and mindless to do at the office. She has a beautiful Indian accent. It was different, good for sneaking in at the office.

Donna, have DD and BF gotten their test results back yet? That's too bad, especially with your daughter dealing with mono. I won't be getting many steps today - it's ten degrees again.

Good luck to everyone who's in the it might be/it might not be a blizzard coming through tomorrow night. I'm ready to see some crocuses for sur e.
Old 01-27-22, 10:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did a CS episode from Season 4- 416 - Muscle Chains, it was one of my first episodes!

Today, so far, has been a mix:

- Caroline Sandry - Shape Up - Upper Body - this is a nice DVD - it is filmed outdoors which is good for these winter days. It wasn't too taxing - a mix of body weight and light hand weights. A little bit of Pilates type work as well as traditional work.

- CS 1225 - This was an all standing episode

- Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs - which included Level 1 Pilates and Pilates for Posture

I will try to move around again later today - too much sitting.

I have been on a CS kick lately and I just saw that I could subscribe for 30 days for free. I will probably take advantage of that - I would like to try the new seasons. I didn't order the DVDs b/c of course when they had their sale I wasn't doing CS...and now I just can't bring myself to pay full price. I think they will have another sale over the summer....based on past experience...

Pat - Blizzard?!!! I think we are supposed to get some snow here but nothing too terrible. my DD's BF tested positive on a home test. So far, my DD has tested negative on the home test - but she has a PCR test scheduled for today. She basically has cold-like symptoms - scratchy throat, congestion, etc. And I think her BF is in the same boat - not too sick - We had hair appointments for this evening that we cancelled just in case.

Not much else to report - been working and sitting too much.

Need work life balance!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-28-22, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

Pahla B Metabolic Conditioning - Dumbbell Burn

I like Pahla's metabolic weight workouts and this seemed to work out well, thankfully.
I was a little concerned about the deadlifts but I bent my knees more to relieve any strain and I'm feeling ok. About the same on the back. Certainly not pain free but definitely a slow improvement.

DONNA, a CS trial sounds like a good plan.
I hope your DD can get through this covid with relatively mild symptons. I don't know if I mentioned my niece and her whole family had covid earlier in the month. My niece was fully vaxxed and boosted but she is a Type 1 diabetic, her young adult children were vaxxed but not boosted and her DH anti-vax. They all basically had a fairly mild case, more like a bad cold with slight fever.
I think the DH had it the worst but not bad at all under the circumstrances. Now he feels very validated in not getting the vaccine

PAT, glad you got a walk in the other day.
Good workouts. Yes we're in line for the blizzard. I think they are getting it worse on the coast but we're in for a good chunk of it. Stay safe!

Aloha PAM & DIANE

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! We're on the brink of a blizzard, it seems. It started as 2-3", then went to one to two feet, then 6", now it may be "historic proportions" with 60 MPH wind. I don't have any storm excitement with this one - just aggravation. What can you do except deal with it.

Anyway, yesterday I got out Kathy Smith's Matrix Power Walk for a change of pace. I needed some mood busting endorphins and it delivered. I love the backgrounders in this video. For my sadhana, the yoga inspired stretch sequence felt sufficient. 7,272 steps.

Summer Breeze, how encouraging to see you were able to do a Pahla workout. I hope you are okay today. Stay safe and warm! What a PITA!

Donna, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your DD and her BF. It's hard not to freak out over the common cold these days. Enjoy your CS subscription if you go for it. I'd kind of like to check out all the new instructors. I was sorry to hear that Meg left.

Pam, send me some tropical trade winds please!
Old 01-28-22, 12:50 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

Today's workouts were:

Caroline Sandry - Shape Up Lower Body
Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates Day # 3

I had a bad night with insomnia last night so I woke up late and had to rush more than I would have liked!

Summer Breeze - I'm glad you were able to do a workout! I miss Pahla - I am second guessing whether she contributed to my back/hip problems or not - I seem to always have some issue going on there so I'm not sure if her workouts were bad for me or not - TBH, I think the endless sitting is the worst thing for me. I know what you mean - about the "validation" !

Pat - I like that workout w/ Kathy - I will have to put it on the list to do.

DD is not terribly sick at all - so that is good and so far DH and I don't have symptoms.

We are not supposed to get much from this storm - which is fine by me.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-29-22, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on a Caroline Sandry kick -

Today was:

Caroline Sandry - Pilates in Motion - Core - this is a walking style workout with intervals of core strengthening exercises. It is pretty low key but pleasant overall.

Caroline Sandry - Chair Pilates - Total Body - I did enjoy this one - she moved between standing and seated exercises - some upper body, some lower body and some core.

These aren't the hardest workouts on the planet, but pleasant and low dread.

So far, so good on the COVID here - DD isn't any worse and DH and I have no symptoms.

Hope everyone has a good day - we also got the perfect snow amount - less than an inch - just enough to brighten things up outdoors but not enough to shovel or worry about driving....

Pat and Summer Breeze - did you guys get a lot of snow?

I think Diane is probably ok since it was a coastal storm and we know Pam is avoiding all this!!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga