Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-22, 06:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thank you for the updates on Linda.

Check-in: lap swim! The swim parka (no you don't swim in it, it's for after-swim but the swimoutlet.com calls it a swim parka) is perfect for what I need. It has a thick fleece lining and the outer material is wind-proof. And a lined hod. I've actually had it for years but still didn't swim in the winter until today. It felt great to swim. The pool locker room showers are low flow which is thrifty but annoying, and since I live less than a mile away, I prefer to go home to shower.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 09:27 PM  
lynnf

yoga zoom class and barre 3 class day 1 of challenge -- both fun.

Diana, thanks for letting us know about Linda. So sorry to hear about her situation, but hope that it can be resolved. She sure has been through so much of late.

Cheryl, it really is cool how folks can create and control content and reach so many folks. Congrats on getting through that tough workout!

Cynthia, thanks for the info on the parka. I would have definitely been imagining you swimming away in a parka. I have to admit I am definitely a high flow shower person. I have managed to keep an old shower head in my bathroom. That same one broke in our other bathroom and DH has failed to find one with equal pressure despite many tries and going to ebay to find older shower head models.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-22, 09:31 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Update on Linda: She's still in the hospital but she is feeling better.

Check-In: JS Cardio Core walk

Have a blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:04 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Linda will probably go home today.

Steps from yesterday: 7224

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-04-22, 02:58 PM  
seabliss

Diana, thank you for the updates on Linda!

Today I did Abs and Glutes for Day 2 of the challenge. The abs were not fun (don't like doing abs) but the glutes work was not hard for me. Tomorrow is a rest day.

Cynthia, the swim parka sounds perfect, and swimming sounds wonderful right now.

Lynn, where you do get the information about when the virus peak may occur?
Old 01-04-22, 07:24 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Talking

Sorry it's long.

Hi! I'm so glad to be home with Meow Meow it's hard to put into words. Saturday I felt so good I was ready for anything. Sunday morning I got sick so quickly I only made it halfway up the hallway to the main bathroom. Poor Meow didn't get fed until I called my neighbor that evening.

I was on the bathroom floor for a few hours before M convinced me to call the ambulance. He's lucky I had a phone in there! He called so often and was upset that I didn't answer so I finally reached up to get the phone. Those messages are priceless. Lol.

The smallest guy on the ambulance had to climb in a window because my doors were locked. M always complains that I leave that window unlocked. Now he knows why. A neighbor has my key but they weren't home.

Those guys rushed me out of here so fast I'm surprised they grabbed my phones and charging cord. No purse. No ID. No pants!! I had a t-shirt and sweatshirt and slippers. The hospital gave me pants to wear home.

It ended up being a reaction from the opiods I was taking for the pain from the "not a muscle" kidney infection that might not have been either. Maybe the antibiotics I took for three days got rid of it. I don't know. Opiods are supposed to lessen that kind of pain. Not cause it.Then there were the few hours that "this could be appendicitis." No. No. And No. I told the dr the last time I had emergency surgery I ended up in a coma for 4 days in septic shock and he better find something not appendicitis. He kept saying, "I know. I know." Two surgeons said it wasn't appendicitis and they are my new best friends.

I went from no food or water on Sunday to clear liquids, and full liquids last night and this morning. Good thing I like Jello. When the food service person told me I had another diet for lunch I said I hope it has food on it.. Then I had to take out anything that might have fat and I really wanted those mashed potatoes, dang it. I ended up with pasta with marinara sauce ("if there's oil in this I'm dead"), peaches, pears, applesauce, and Cornflakes to snack on.

Miss Meow is in my face because I've ignored her too long. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 08:28 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Thanks for the prayers. Very much appreciated.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 08:33 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Linda, glad you're home. I hope you feel better.

Cheryl, are there public swimming pools where you are?

Hi to Diana and Lynn.

No exercise today. DD's day off and we had a lawyer appt and did things at the bank, for estate planning which I had been meaning to get around to for quite some time. I feel good and hope to go on for a couple more decades but you never know of course; and now DD is taken care of and probate is avoided. Then I had a knee Dr appt. So the knees needed a rest day.

ETA: I saw a trailer for The Amazing Race coming back to TV. Lynn, will you be watching it?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 11:01 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I know quite a few people with covid right now. Stay safe everyone.

Cynthia I have also been a big fan of the Amazing Race. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it. I think it's on Wed and church gets out at 8, the time the show starts. I usually miss 15-20 minutes.

Check-In: 1 1/2 hour walk, CS 823 Stretch & Strengthen Lower Body

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-05-22, 09:08 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 15,224

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana