Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-28-13, 08:55 PM  
Gogo

Meditative yet strengthening SLOW yoga dvds?

Any yoga dvds like this? I never knew why Triyoga was special until I attempted another yoga video and realized how completely different it was. Triyoga is like a slow meditation but it is also strengthening/ challenging at the same time. I find this combo of traits to be rare as it is usually one or the other. I love how soothing Triyoga is- makes me sleep very deeply afterwards yet makes me stronger too. Any dvds like this that are slow and soothingly meditative yet insidiously strengthening? I prefer one that is not heavy on the wrist so little to no down dogs and push ups etc. Thanks!
Gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 05:03 AM  
akaAnnie

How is Triyoga different?
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 12:34 PM  
Gogo

It's as I described above. This is my own experience. I do not get the same soothing yet strengthening effect with the other videos I have tried. Perhaps its the background sounds, or the very slow movements, or arrangement of movements. I don't know.
Old 10-30-13, 01:30 PM  
desie

This is so ancient now but Ali McGraw's Yoga Mind and Body is led by Erich Schiffmann and the movements are perfectly cued to slow breathing, it is very meditative. His voice...
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 02:35 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I think the Wai Lana yoga dvds fit the bill for what you are looking for. They are quite different from your typical yoga workout, the poses are held for some time, and there is not a down dog to be found. Plus the scenery is gorgeous.
Old 10-31-13, 12:59 AM  
Gogo

Which of her dvds have no downdogs? I saw some of her broadcast and they had down dogs in them.
Old 10-31-13, 12:11 PM  
rosepetals

On Vimeo maybe about a month ago there was a new Yoga DVD being released. It had something to do with slow yoga being the new hard yoga. They are supposed to be releasing the DVD on their website soon. I don't remember the exact page.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meditation, strengthening, triyoga