Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-12, 01:48 PM  
flamingoo

Need some advice about opening dispute

I'm so embarrassed and feel like a real idiot for giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I was a little reluctant to post this because of how stupid I was, but know you guys are all great and nonjudgmental. So here's the story in a nut shell. I was promised an item which I used my paypal account for. This item was suppose to be mailed on Wed. April 4th. It was coming from Chicago to WI. I emailed her on the 7th because I never received it. She said she mailed it Friday ( not Wednesday) I emailed her again this past Wednesday ( 11th) asking again for a DC# she never emailed me back. I then emailed again on the 13th and said if I don't receive my item by Monday ( 16th) I want a refund. Hmmm- no response. This has nothing to do with anyone on VF. So my question is do I open up a dispute with PayPal? Or do I just leave it at me being taken for a ride. It wasn't a lot of money, but it was enough. I guess this is where being a trusting person bites me in the butt Thanks everyone.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 02:12 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
So my question is do I open up a dispute with PayPal? Or do I just leave it at me being taken for a ride. It wasn't a lot of money, but it was enough. I guess this is where being a trusting person bites me in the butt Thanks everyone.
Yes definitely! Don't let them get away with this. No matter if it's $1, they have no right ripping you off. It's possible that something happened like they was sick, etc and couldn't return your email but the point is that you don't have the item that you paid for, and you deserve to get your money back. Good luck. And don't feel stupid...no reason to.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 02:12 PM  
Buffgirl

I would open a dispute with Paypal. Paypal is great at resolving this vendor problems but I would first let the vendor that you will report her to Paypal if she/he does not resolve the issue asap.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 02:40 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I have had to open a dispute with Paypal in the past and it has always worked out well. Don't be afraid to use it. Vendors seem to be used to this since items are lost in the mail, not as promised, etc.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 02:46 PM  
flamingoo

Thanks. That's kind of the route I was thinking of going. I've just never had to do it before. I'll give her until Monday since that's when I said I wanted my money back by. If she doesn't do anything or contact me I'll proceed with PayPal. I totally get when people are sick etc., but I think this isn't the case I'll let you know what happens.
Old 04-14-12, 03:12 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Yes definitely! Don't let them get away with this. No matter if it's $1, they have no right ripping you off. It's possible that something happened like they was sick, etc and couldn't return your email but the point is that you don't have the item that you paid for, and you deserve to get your money back. Good luck. And don't feel stupid...no reason to.
ITA!!! Good luck in getting your money back and (((hugs))) for the disappointment! BTDT too.. though luckily the great experience with wonderful VFers outweighs the bad every time!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 11:24 PM  
bubbles76

Was it an eBay purchase or a YaYas purchase? If it was YaYas, I would suggest that you just go straight to your credit card company or bank (assuming that the funds in your Paypal account was linked to your bank or CC). When I went through PayPal for a dispute over YaYas, they were basically nonchalant. Said they couldn't help me. When I went to my bank and filed a claim, I got my money back. If it was through a PayPal balance, then you should go to PayPal. Definitely do not let the matter slide though, no matter how much it was for.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:36 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'd email her now and tell her you're opening a dispute with PayPal (or eBay) tomorrow unless you hear from her today. There are two issues - 1) you didn't get the item and 2) she is non-responsive. Take action. Show her you mean business!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 09:30 AM  
pgun3

I'd definately open a dispute, paypal is pretty good about giving you your money back.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 09:44 AM  
flamingoo

Well I just emailed her to notify her that I will be opening a dispute and I already started the process with PayPal. Thanks again everyone. I'll let you know what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me

Tags
paypal