Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-11, 09:30 AM  
daisysunshine

nopers. still don't see it.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 11:08 AM  
spotted zebra

Daisy, you're safe then. The reason they impose a temporary limit is to encourage people to cough up a bank account. Once someone does that the limit disappears forever.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 07:51 PM  
AnnR33

Yah, I'm less than $100 from my sending limit of $5000 and I also refuse to add my bank account. There is a credit card on the account so I don't see why a bank account should need to be added

I have a second paypal account though that I added at one point to take credit cards when the personal accounts couldn't take them a long time ago. I guess I'll just switch to that account when the time comes and pay the extra fee for accepting money when absolutely necessary.
Old 12-25-11, 09:43 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I don't get why Paypal insists on a bank account once the spending limit is reached. If someone has had a Paypal account for many years and has been sending and receiving money all those years without having a bank account linked, then why force the person to add the bank account? I don't trust Paypal. Their reason for wanting a bank account is for their benefit and not for the customer's. It's just one more way that Paypal can get fees and personal information.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 01:16 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Angry UNBELIEVABLE!!! Paypal just got worse!!!!!!

I went to add a bank account to Paypal (a checking account that has hardly anything in it), and Paypal asked for the bank log-in information including the user name and password for the bank!!!!!!!! So, that would give anyone at Paypal access to log into your bank account which may include everything you have at that bank like savings accounts, credit cards, etc.!

I have never been asked by any company to give the bank log-in information including passwords. That is totally wrong. Anyone who gives Paypal their bank log in information is asking for major trouble. I'm going to start writing letters about this.

ETA: I read that Paypal offers an alternative to giving them your bank log-in information; giving them the log-in information is to get immediate confirmation of your bank account. The alternative is to wait to see how much Paypal deposits into the account in the next couple of days and then entering those amounts at Paypal to confirm the account.
Old 12-26-11, 01:31 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I don't get why Paypal insists on a bank account once the spending limit is reached. If someone has had a Paypal account for many years and has been sending and receiving money all those years without having a bank account linked, then why force the person to add the bank account? I don't trust Paypal. Their reason for wanting a bank account is for their benefit and not for the customer's. It's just one more way that Paypal can get fees and personal information.
Exactly. I have less than $5 in my Paypal account, from selling stuff at YaYas. I won't let Paypal or anyone else except my DH have access to my bank account. May as well just hand over your purse! If they drain your account, kiss your money bye-bye!

It's a shame personal checks have gone the way of the dinosaur. They used to be such a convenient way to buy things by mail, but a few dishonest people have ruined them for everyone.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 01:41 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I just wrote a complaint to the FTC, and suggest that others do the same. Consumers need to be protected. It should be a law that a company cannot ask a consumer for their log-in information to their bank account.
Old 12-26-11, 02:08 PM  
old lady

I've had a PayPal account for several years now. I use it very rarely. I have it linked to a credit card. Last year I sold a knitted hat and the buyer sent the money to my PayPal account. It was great being able to buy stuff without the credit card. I think the balance got down to a little over $7.00 when I tried to purchase a knitting pattern that cost $6.00. PayPal declined the transaction for some weird reason (in the meantime, the expiration date to the credit card linked to the account had changed, so that probably had something to do with it).

This year I bought a PC game (for $4.95). I used a credit card (not the one linked to PayPal), but the transaction was processed through PayPal. I was having trouble getting the activation code, so I filed a dispute with PayPal. They told me that in order to file a claim, I had to open up a PayPal account, so now I have two PayPal accounts.

I'm always getting these emails about verifying my account by adding by bank information. Sorry, PayPal, no ****ING way are you getting that!
old lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 04:51 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Anyone who thinks Paypal is safe from hacking should read this.
Old 12-26-11, 06:42 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by old lady View Post
I'm always getting these emails about verifying my account by adding by bank information. Sorry, PayPal, no ****ING way are you getting that!
Paypal never sends email about verifying your account...those email, are from scammers/crooks trying to get your information to steal from you
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paypal