Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-11, 06:43 PM  
lincnkel

Exclamation A word of warning using the Gift Option with Paypal

Just want to give everyone a heads up about using the gift option when sending money with paypal. I've done it frequently when buying off of the Yaya's board. I bought some DVDs from a fellow member on 7/25 and am not getting responses to my emails so I went to open a dispute. It looks like this time I got stung; because I selected the gift option to avoid fees, I cannot dispute the transaction through paypal. Needless to say I am upset.

2015 Goals:
$ per workout: $0/$300
Complete 3.5 month STS rotation
Complete half marathon
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 06:50 PM  
Bliss6789

Thanks for the info; I had no idea about that!

Also, I hope your particular situation is just a mix-up of some kind and everything works out in the end.

Old 08-05-11, 07:20 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincnkel View Post
Just want to give everyone a heads up about using the gift option when sending money with paypal. I've done it frequently when buying off of the Yaya's board. I bought some DVDs from a fellow member on 7/25 and am not getting responses to my emails so I went to open a dispute. It looks like this time I got stung; because I selected the gift option to avoid fees, I cannot dispute the transaction through paypal. Needless to say I am upset.
I'm sorry this happened to you. Did you email the Yaya Mods about this? They might be able to intervene and at least tell you when the user last logged in.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 07:34 PM  
ADoll

Bummer. I hope you get your dvds. And thanks for letting us know about the "gift" option.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 08:54 PM  
CharM

oh no, I hate when things like this happen here or at yayas. I'd make a "looking for [insert name here]" post then explain what happened. This way the mods see it, and if others are in the same boat, they can post there,too.

I hope you get your dvd.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 09:01 PM  
lincnkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
oh no, I hate when things like this happen here or at yayas. I'd make a "looking for [insert name here]" post then explain what happened. This way the mods see it, and if others are in the same boat, they can post there,too.

I hope you get your dvd.
Thanks everyone - I do hope this works out. This person bought DVDs from me earlier this year so I really hope this is just a misunderstanding.

Char - I will take your advice if not resolved in a week or so. THANKS!

I think going forward I will do a regular paypal payment and tack on the additional fees.

2015 Goals:
$ per workout: $0/$300
Complete 3.5 month STS rotation
Complete half marathon
lincnkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 09:18 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'm sorry. This is why I refuse to buy anything and use the gift option.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 09:49 PM  
suegy3

That sucks. I saw that someone on Ya Ya's posted to use the gift option when buying their dvd's and I thought it was suspicious. That was the first time that I saw someone suggest that. I don't know why people are so deceitful.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 10:09 PM  
muffins135

I would say that using the gift option on paypal for 99% of the people is not deceitful as suegy3 suggests. I have paid and been paid that way for items worth a lot more that fitness dvd's. It is buyer beware. My for sale list at YaYa's just says that I accept paypal or EMT (electronic money transfer which is available in Canada). It is easy to list your selling price with paypal fees added (3% plus $0.30) and the cost using the gift option. It is up to the buyer to decide which option suits them. If they choose the gift option the liability is on the buyer.
To suggest that people that give the gift option are deceitful is unfair and inaccurate IMO. Rant over.
Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 10:30 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post

I hope you get your dvd.
That's an excellent idea! That would alert the mods and others about this person. 7/25 was over a week ago and you should have received an email or the dvds by now. I was screwed over once and now I don't buy dvd's unless I know the person's name and they post regularly.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyer beware, paypal, ya-yas, yayas