Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-11, 12:44 PM  
Inchworm

What is the best way to try and SELL workouts? Is yaya's still around and safe?

I have some great workouts that I know people would want and I honestly don't really NEED any other workouts at this time. I have AOS Kettlebell Clinic, among others that I know others would want and may not want to pay full price. Has anyone had any luck selling their workouts? I could really use some xtra cash these days and just don't know where to start with selling.

I used to sell a lot of my workouts on the firm yaya's, but I had heard of people finding the website very "buggy". Is it actually a safe website now or are there still issues? I don't even know where to find that site anymore, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Thanks so much,
Kelly

Last edited by Inchworm; 03-11-11 at 12:46 PM. Reason: forgot to ask about yaya's
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 12:50 PM  
Cassy

I have good luck selling on Amazon.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 01:00 PM  
PhyllisG

I too have done well selling on amazon.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 01:02 PM  
SpiritYogi

Another thumbs up for Amazon.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 01:40 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Yes, Yayas still up and running. I've noticed more traffic...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 01:46 PM  
cmarsh4

I have sold several on YA YA's and never had a problem.

Chris
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 01:58 PM  
ktlc
VF Supporter

I've sold on both Amazon and YaYas. I prefer Amazon. While I may make a little less, I believe I reach a much larger market.

Katie
ktlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 02:58 PM  
KathAL79

There have been a number of recent threads on this that may give you some additional information and options: results of tag search for "selling DVDs".

I've also had decent luck with Amazon's Marketplace, but things may not sell quickly or for a high price and unless you pay to be a big seller you can't add something that's not already in the database. Also, if you have a different edition you technically are not supposed to sell it, although people abuse this somewhat regularly (which sucks if you're a buyer hoping for a particular edition, find what looks like a valid listing with that edition, and then end up with something else and have to go through the hassle of trying to return it and track down a new copy). They do take a significant commission, especially if your item is selling for $5 or less, but for me it's worth not having to deal with the hassle of collecting payment from the buyer, etc. Downsides include buyers who leave wacky feedback, who try to get you to let them keep their copy and their money by demanding a refund for a "defective" product, etc., although they seem fewer than on, say, eBay.
I ended sending in a bunch of things to Amazon's trade-in program, but they had a limited selection of what they'd take and didn't offer a lot for many of my DVDs, although because I sent in enough it added up.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 03:19 PM  
Rhonda

I have put some up on YaYa (ones that people keep saying they want, Cathe High Reps, Yoga Tune Up and others) but have had no takers or inquiries in the last couple of weeks. I don't think people venture over there like they use to.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 03:22 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I have put some up on YaYa (ones that people keep saying they want, Cathe High Reps, Yoga Tune Up and others) but have had no takers or inquiries in the last couple of weeks. I don't think people venture over there like they use to.
Yes, I've noticed that the Swap Forum has been really quiet lately.

Tags
paypal, selling, selling dvds, ya-yas, yayas