Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-10, 10:57 AM  
Fidget Queen

Unhappy I think I've been scammed...

So 2010 was my strict no-buying year. I haven't been exercising much, haven't been feeling well, and I have no money. Sticking to it has been pretty darn easy. Well, the last few weeks, I've been exercising regularly, so, naturally, my interest in new workouts was aroused. My parents bought my SO a birthday gift, and also gave me some cash. They made me promise to use it for something other than bills or doctor's visits. So I did . I found Brazil Butt Lift on eBay for a great price. I received it quickly and it was totally legit. So I got brave and decided to go for Turbo Fire, as well. That time, I wasn't so lucky. Everything looked totally fine (I think). I paid immediately. Then I received an e-mail from eBay saying that they removed the seller for reasons they won't tell me. They also say that if I've already paid, I need to wait and see if I receive the package. Well, a week later, I receive shipment notification - FROM CHINA. The tracking number doesn't work. After reading about the eBay scams on here (a little late on my part ) I feel that there is a chance I will get a package, but I'm sure that they will be pirated copies if I do.

So what should I do from here? It's been just over a week. eBay, of course, does nothing, so I have to go through PayPal. Has it been long enough for me to file a complaint? Will they reimburse me? Is this just a lesson learned and money lost?

I received my other legitimate DVDs (AND pencil!!) within 2 days of purchase, so I'm very happy about that. I'm annoyed and angry that I may have to wait weeks for pirated copies. My main concern is resolution. I HATE knowing that I've been taken and that I can't do anything about it. Help?
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:18 AM  
bubbles76

My experience getting reimbursement from Paypal wasn't good, but I went through Yayas with that one. Since you are going through eBay and they are already aware of the scammer, I think you stand a pretty good chance of getting your money back. Regardless of whether or not you receive the product, eBay probably knows they will be fakes. I believe they will reimburse you. I'm sure others will chime in.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:21 AM  
shortie

Ebay is making a huge push on the buyer-protection front -- it's been front and center of their homepage, with their CEO's smiling face and a letter assuring us how they stand behind us.

So, I think you have a better chance now than in the past. And, in general, buyer protection has been really good IME for fraudulent goods. They're all over the bootleg thing, and I hear have a department that works on that solely.

Personally, I had one bad experience and got my money back within less than two weeks.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:25 AM  
daisysunshine

If you paid via credit card, file a grievance with paypal, and go straight to your credit card company and explain stuff. Your credit card [regardless of what paypal decides] will give you back your money.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:26 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I went through this once with Tracy Anderson's original Dance Aerobics dvd, although the seller was in the States and not China. Wait until you receive the dvds and then file a PayPal dispute to say that the item is different than advertised. Make sure to state that you received a bootleg item (if this is what you receive, which I am expecting you will since these are shipping from China). PayPal is good about reimbursing the seller for this claim if you purchase from ebay (this is not the case if you purchase from a third party vendor such as Exercise TV, which I found out the hard way). I feel that you won't have any trouble getting your money back, especially since ebay has shut the seller down. It will just take patience on your part.

For what it's worth...Where are you inputting the tracking number? It probably won't show up under USPS tracking. You would need to find the website for whichever vendor the item shipped through (China Post website is: http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp)
glamgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:30 AM  
shortie

This is important: either file an ebay grievance OR a paypal grievance -- not both! They're sister companies, and have a weird relationship on this -- I found out the hard way that if you file both, then one cancels and then the other cancels and then you have to send 10,000 emails to make sure one of them is keeping your complaint open.
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:37 AM  
sbh

I hate Paypal!! This is one of the reasons why I cancelled my account with them. Customer service is the worst!! I hope this all works out to your advantage.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 11:57 AM  
Susanq

I had a similar experience. I bought a top from ebay, paid through Paypal and the top never arrived. I contacted the seller who never replied. I then contacted Ebay and they sorted it and refunded my money.
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 01:36 PM  
RedPanda

I unwittingly bought a pirated DVD from eBay, filed a complaint, and had my money (including shipping) refunded. I found the process very easy.

I hope this works out for you.
Old 10-26-10, 02:46 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
If you paid via credit card, file a grievance with paypal, and go straight to your credit card company and explain stuff. Your credit card [regardless of what paypal decides] will give you back your money.
Paypal will reimburse you. File the grievance. I had to do this from an Ebay purchase and I was reimbursed quickly
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootlegs, counterfeit, ebay, paypal, scams