Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-22, 01:16 PM  
AnMrsDe

Elsie, it sounds like Lift with Cee is doing wonders for your consistency, your progress, and your rotation woes!! That's great! And, like you said, it does help when you get regular sleep!

Liz, I am noticing I enjoy strength/toning workouts more so than cardio as I age as well. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, so I am going with it. I'm glad to hear you don't have arthritis...it can be brutal with the flare-ups. Do you wear lifting gloves? Those seem to help with my grip and even the ones that wrap around the wrists to strengthen them. Sorry, I guess I missed Elsie's rec about the white noise machine. I wish I had one that was louder; I think mine has gotten quieter the older it has gotten. Or else, DH's snoring has gotten louder! //Glad to hear your mom is coping pretty well and happy. But I get it, it's super hard to see the parents in an unfamiliar setting and worrying how they'll adapt. You can only pray a lot. (((Hugs)))

T2B, I only buy one planner, so it has to be perfect for what I am wanting it for! LOL I hope I don't have to resort to buying one from Amazon. I guess I could check out Michael's too...I like to see it "in person" as sometimes it's hard to see what's included in the pics online. I hope Aldi's get the larger size in soon...I am so far behind on my recording!!

Jane, good job on the workouts! Hope you find your mojo soon. But really, give yourself a break since you have been caring for your (sick) dad and that def takes a toll on you being his caregiver along with work!! It's nice your sister and your DH can help take turns with his care. Hope he continues to do well and everyone is staying healthy. (((hugs)))

~~~Have a great weekend, all!~~~ GO PACKERS!!!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 05:10 PM  
Helen

LIZ
• Answers to questions:
Holidays = 5 weeks. Our long summer holidays. We have 4 terms, all with 2 weeks between, until the summer. Academic year matches the calendar.
• I get sweaty ALL day - menopause, flushes.... never know if it's the humidity or just me. And currently in the summer heat anyway, so everyone is sticky all the time.
• The climate here is very mild. Doesn't reach 40F overnight in mid-winter. I once had the house full of plants but many grew so large that they were planted in the yard - it's a jungle out there. Have a happy plant, spiky dracaena, and a ponytail palm that are fully grown trees - two storeys high!
• There's oodles of info on the 'net on how to care for everything - but the best tip is if you notice something is awry, do something about it that day - if the problem is already visible, it's been going on for a while already.
• Science says that talking to plants DOES WORK !! but ONLY because if you're talking to them, you're noticing them.

Saturday
Buddy day, but her mum was viisting, so it was suited to her:
21min, Gilad - Best of Bodies In Motion - Epidosde 18
22min, Leslie - Super Fat Burning - First Mile Addon
90min, dog walk
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 08:24 PM  
Elsie

Omg, I think I spoke too soon on the sleep situation! LOL. Less than 2.5 hours last night. I do have a white noise machine, but I agree that they are too low. I used to play just Pink Noise from my laptop with a speaker. I cannot sleep with earphones in due to mainly having some hearing loss in one ear. Right now, I'm using the pink noise and a stand up fan going. I find it helps to really try and focus on those sounds. It's usually alright, but last night was particularly bad with getting jolted from sleep. And as all of you know when struggling with sleep, it's cyclical, messes with leptin + insulin levels making it tougher the following night.
AMD, I have to remember to add more AMRAP to my routines. Love those & always feel pumped afterwards!!!

Take good care all! So many of us are being there for others now. (Hugs)
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 10:44 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm trying to get 6000 steps most days and balance that with not getting exhausted and being able to breathe normally. Ugh. I have a cardiology appt on Feb 9th.
We didn't have school yesterday because of a staff shortage. In addition to missing a bunch of teachers, we had 400 kids absent at my school Thursday.
I'm putting my sewing area back together while pretending to have an organized system like DIL.
Elsie, I'm so sorry you are having trouble sleeping. Insomnia is brutal.
Helen, your academic schedule sounds awesome. I get 8 weeks off in the summer, and two weeks at Christmas, one at Thanksgiving and one in March. I have shortness of breath that is making life miserable right now, which is the reason for the scan.
Liz, I'm glad your mom is adjusting to the new place and I hope the cognitive meds help her.
April, my DIL's parents are into playing pickleball. They really enjoy it. It sounds like a great activity for you and your son.
AnMrsDe, I hear so many people say they love Aldi. We don't have one, so I've never been.
T2B, I'm so relieved to get my booster with the amount of sickness here right now.
Jane, I'm so glad your dad is doing much better.
Waves to everyone else!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 01:03 PM  
amg

Hi! We just got back from a cold (for the south anyway) weekend of camping. For those of you used to the snow and colder temps, you should just go ahead and laugh at that. I think I just don't own the right clothing for colder weather because it rarely stays cold here for more than a few days.

Helen - Your comment about being more productive during your holiday time really has changed my thinking about just being more productive day to day also. I started going room to room around my house and de-cluttering so I can tackle some bigger projects around the house soon.

T2B - Hope the pickleball info was helpful and pushes you to try it out! Definitely let me know how it goes if you do.

Liz - I had never heard of pickleball either until they put courts in the park my son plays soccer at. We were intrigued because so many people were playing immediately.

On YAYOG, it is repetitive in that the novice w/o's were 4 sets then the intermediate was 6 sets of the same exercises but I really like the variety of exercises in the 3 workouts (supersets, ladders and circuit training) and the slower pace. I feel like the intermediate level was enough for me so I didn't try the advanced yet. My son does still join me and if he gets bored then he picks up some weights and does his own thing while keeping me company.

YAYOG II - I only tried the novice supersets so far but this felt more like his mobility dvd than actual bodyweight exercises like in YAYOG. I plan to try the next 2 workouts by tomorrow and will let you know if they are more mobility based also.

Chrys - Hope you feel better soon! Your updates on the school staff shortage and student absences are making me feel better about the decision to homeschool DS this year. It was a last minute decision that was very scary but has actually gone well.
Old 01-24-22, 07:07 PM  
Helen

CHRYS
Our school system is quite different to yours in many ways. Some things I like yours better, others - I prefer ours.

AMG
• Speaking of schooling - hope the homeschooling goes well for you. Not an easy thing to take on, but can be very satisfying for both parents/kids.
• Glad the brain-trick about how much you do in a day caught your attention. At first hearing it sounds wrong, but the logic of "Gee, I did so much, it must have taken longer than I thought." makes sense as well.

Sunday & Monday
apart from 60-90 min dog walks, did:
Cathe - LITE - Stacked Sets Upper - Timesaver 8 (Chest/Triceps & Back/Biceps), & still have happily sore triceps today (Tues)

Mondivation was focused on the yard yesterday, and will be all week as return to work is Friday (pupil free).

Have a great week everyone!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 10:03 PM  
bex

Hi Everyone!

Popping in to say hello as I've been MIA for a long time. Basically our move in September threw me off my schedule and then work and then life , and here it is a new year.

I restarted on Monday with Heather Robinson Glow Up Day 1 and even with lighter weights I stopped after a little more than half. I might not be posting here as I ease back into it but I'll jump into Feb's check-in.

Waves to all!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 06:08 AM  
Elsie

Hey Bex, how did the move go? I cannot remember now if you were moving to another province in China or someplace else? I miss catching up on your cycling & look forward to your Just The Workouts next month!!
Chrys, really hoping your Cardio appt goes well.
T2B, just read about Patricia Moreno's passing ...very sad.
Oh, amg, that's a bit scary about your dizziness. Blood pressure drop perhaps?
Hey there All .. Hope your week is starting off well! And for those who dropped off here, hope to see you next month which is next week now! Whoa.

In case I don't get to pop by in the next day or two
HAPPY Birthday wishes 4 Math Teacher !!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 11:07 AM  
AnMrsDe

Hi Bex!! We love to hear from our MIA's and that you're doing well!! Hope to see you next month. Good luck with Heather! I'm finding she has really 'upped her game' since a year ago or so...great stuff!!

Jane, How is your dad doing? Did he move back home yet? Hope you enjoy Naomi's workouts - 2lazy4gym seems to enjoy and reviews her workouts a lot.

~~~Waves to all~~~ It is CCCCOOOOLLLLDDDDDD here today but sunny!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 01:41 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe My dad went home Sunday. He says he still has some fatigue and congestion but he’s feeling good. I knew he was feeling better when he started going through his mail! I was really worried about him. I like Naomi’s workouts a lot. There’s a little voiceover but mostly no talking. I really enjoyed the workout she does that alternates trampoline cardio with bodyweight lower body. I think you would enjoy her workouts!

TB2 I like to wear loafer style shoes to work but I’ve been wearing Danskos more and they do seem to be helping slowly. I always like my Franco Sartos but they don’t feel as comfy as they used to. I also bought a pair of wide trainers. They felt too big the first time I put them on but they feel totally normal now.

Liz I don’t really plan out my workouts with any success. I might do it in a vague sort of way but I don’t like feeling boxed in. The last rotation I did (not attempted) for more than 10 days was STS 5 years ago. Your story about your mooing neighbor is truly bizarre! I can’t even imagine!! It really is hard dealing with neighbor issues, I feel for you.

Elsie Sorry about your sleep. You must really be looking forward to your move just to get a good nights sleep.

Bex Hi! Glad you’re coming back next month!!

ASAS I love the dance club atmosphere you’ve created!!! You always have so much fun working out!

Chrys I’m sorry you’re still dealing with symptoms. I hope you can get it resolved.

Helen I think you’ll really like Pilates by Lisa! Her workouts are excellent, I especially love her older ones filmed all over the world while she was traveling. They’re beautiful to watch while she’s torturing you!

Have a great week everyone!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full body workout vol 3, just the workouts, kcm power splits, standing yoga