Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-22, 01:22 PM  
TinaT

Finally clicked with JS

I've been all over the map with Jessica Smith... as some of you already know. This morning a tried Get Strong Stepping Strength. What a great 4-limb workout. I also have her WS3, (for the 3rd time). Maybe I'll actually open it and try a few routines. LOL

I'm not sure what it is about 4-limb movement that I'm so drawn to. I guess it doesn't really matter. Any input on other JS 4-limbish routines would be appreciated.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 01:45 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I've always liked that one, too! Plus the sunshine and the ocean in the back is really nice in the winter. I've got to pull that one out and try it again!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 02:12 PM  
Lorelai

Love Jessica! I think I bought a couple of her DVDs from you on Facebook. 😂 What exactly do you mean by "four limb?"

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 09:43 AM  
TinaT

Lori ~ I'm glad my first true attempt with Jessica was this one. It ticked all my boxes for sure.

Lorelai ~ 4-limbed simply put.. is all 4 limbs moving at once. So instead of doing just a side arm raise, you combine it with a lunge. Or a bicep curl with a side toe tap. The entire body is moving. VS isolated weight work. Which I don't mind and still do, but I'm drawn to having my entire body in motion.

Hope that helps.

ETA: I believe you did buy a couple and now I'll probably have sellers remorse! LOL
Old 01-22-22, 10:11 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Lorelai ~ 4-limbed simply put.. is all 4 limbs moving at once. So instead of doing just a side arm raise, you combine it with a lunge. Or a bicep curl with a side toe tap. The entire body is moving. VS isolated weight work. Which I don't mind and still do, but I'm drawn to having my entire body in motion.

Hope that helps.

ETA: I believe you did buy a couple and now I'll probably have sellers remorse! LOL
Okay, that is what I thought you meant! I kind of feel like her trademark at least in her fusion workouts and maybe even walking, are those four limb movements. She'll often start with just one layer, and then add optional layers to progress and/or make it harder. Right now one of the ways I modify is to reduce how many layers I add... So I might concentrate on just moving my feet and not worry too much about what my arms are doing even though she has an option for that. Have you tried her YouTube workouts? Minus production quality, those are still my favorite. I need to crack open Feel Good Fusion though and stop being intimidated by it. I managed her YouTube version modified so I can probably manage the cardio at least on that DVD. I tried Total Body Balance yesterday and it moved quicker to pack a lot into ~ 20 minutes, but the Cardio Flow especially was quite lovely. Not much of a cool down or stretch at the end though so would plan an add on in the future. Sole Sculpt challenged me because it had a lot of forward flexion flat back type stuff, and I didn't do the floor work. I will say though that my back feels pretty good today so that's interesting.

Old 01-22-22, 10:35 AM  
TinaT

So I just went over and previewed Total Body Balance on YouTube. Why have I never paid attention to this release?! It definitely interests me... and just to be transparent, I put Feel Good Fusion back on my WL at Amazon! LOL

The calm, fluid movement that Jessica offers in her routines is what I'm becoming more and more drawn to.

I am pleasantly sore from my workout yesterday. It feels good to work the muscle without using high impact or stressing my knees. As crazy as it sounds, the soreness is encouraging.
Old 01-22-22, 12:58 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from disc #2 in her WS1 set is very "Ellen Barrett"-like. i used 3# weights, but you can go lower or even w/o weights. clocks in around 31 min.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 02:37 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
So I just went over and previewed Total Body Balance on YouTube. Why have I never paid attention to this release?! It definitely interests me... and just to be transparent, I put Feel Good Fusion back on my WL at Amazon! LOL

The calm, fluid movement that Jessica offers in her routines is what I'm becoming more and more drawn to.

I am pleasantly sore from my workout yesterday. It feels good to work the muscle without using high impact or stressing my knees. As crazy as it sounds, the soreness is encouraging.
Lol!

I really can't say enough nice things about Jessica. The only thing for me is all the bending and flat back work she does with strength workouts. I kinda just have to wing modifications for that right now. Luckily for me my workout motivation had always been how I feel (diet is really the only thing that makes me actually drop pounds) so instructors like Ellen and Jessica (once she started putting our more fusion and ballet inspired stuff) are always the ones I've gravitated towards.

Old 01-22-22, 04:39 PM  
akaAnnie

What DVD is Get Strong Stepping Strength on? I really like 4 limbed workouts.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 04:50 PM  
TinaT

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0 Here's a picture of the cover.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith get strong