Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-22, 07:31 PM  
Helen

CLEDA
I would NOT survive with those weather conditions. I'm blown away by your DH getting up and outside in the middle of the night so you could drive out in the morning. If you could see my face right now - I'm in AWE!!!

Yes, you ARE goal oriented. Heh heh.

I said that I needed to "talk myself up" yesterday, because it was the first day alone again. Hence the big Mondivation - it was all talk but I wasn't really feeling it - wasted most of the day.

Monday
30min dog walk, snuck it in before it rained (NOT freezing rain)
45min, Cathe Friedrich - Body Blast - Step, Jump, & Pump - Step & Hilo Mix
The walk sparked me up, and put in a strong effort on the jump - dripping - mostly from humidity. (70+%) and it's 87% now - clammy just sitting here.

DH will be home tomorrow evening, which kicks me into sprucing the house today/tomorrow, but also have a very large pot of clivia that needs to be separated - today's BIG job.

Today's big workout is Terminator: Gauntlet - intend to break it up like Imax Extreme as that worked quite well. It has 6 cycles - each under 10min.

My Mission, and I MUST accept it - is to stay busy, do NOT sit down unless it's at the computer, but ONLY for VF or doing work.
Have a Terrific Tuesday!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 10:39 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Yikes! I got farther behind than I thought! If I don't check in daily, I forget what I did 2 days ago, have to go to the basement to check my notebook, etc.
So...let me get to the workouts first:

1/15 - Debbie Rocker's AM Walking (from the library)
Turbo Jam Cardio Party
1 Mile w/ Leslie's group minus Leslie
1/16 - dog walk
1/17 - dog walk
45 Min. Walk & Run w/ Matty
5 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Olivia (not my favorite)

Helen - Glad that hubby will be home and your world will be right again! Did I inspire you with Shaun T? He is a lot of fun. Good luck with the next Terminator.
Cleda - I have started joining the StepBets at the end of the first week so that I don't feel compelled to make all the goals. 5 weeks is plenty for me to get tired of focusing on how many steps I have all day! I will admit to being goal oriented, too. I love my lists and crossing things off as they are accomplished. I also have a daily checklist that hubby and I both use. I'm just not a badge person. I did join the yearly challenge with Peloton to try and use it more.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 09:00 PM  
Helen

Tuesday was much better.

LILI
The Shaun came up on the search to do something with Kathryn - but when I saw it there, YES - you having done one pushed me that way. She always makes me choose.
Tubo Jam - I never felt I got that hip thrusting, arm pumping, side stepping move that's in every one of the workouts. Supposed to be for abs, but I dunno.... never liked it as I felt I wasn't doing it right.

30min, dog walk - got me out of the house, moving, sun, greenery....
sparked me up, and planned what to do as soon as I got home
27min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 12 - got me into the gym, and allowed thinking about the day
69min, Cathe - Terminator - Gauntler
6 cycles, each under 10min, wove them around dealing with a very overgrown potted clivia, and other chores. Rounds of garden/gauntler/other.

Did NOT tail the day with Adriene - hit the couch & knitting with "The Morning Wars" instead - discovered it and did 3 episodes (the guilt!)

Wednesday
DH will be home (yay), so house sprucing & maybe cooking - thinking lasagne - would be nice to arrive to after a long wet drive. It's been drizzling all day - constant soaking rain with occasional gusts of heavy.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-19-22, 01:10 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I had to look up clivia, I've seen them at Longwood Gardens, but I've never seen one in a home environment. Good job completing another Terminator!

1/18 - dog walk
Jessica Smith's new weight workout on YT. She has put out a few new workouts this month and I've liked them all.
GHU's 3000 Steps. I liked this one, very energetic and a few new moves.

Old 01-19-22, 06:27 PM  
Helen

LILI
• I had two clivias - one in the yard, in almost full shade - wonderfully rich dark green, and the potted one was in a spot that was mostly shaded, but copped full sun blast for about an hour/day. It was much more pale & had some burnt leaves. Both flowered wondefully though. So I think the potted two will be fine indoors, so long as it's well-lit but not in direct sun. There are many different colours - mine are this one (notice the DARK leaves?) but not spread to that size yet. I fancy a yellow one.

• Shall have to look at Jessica's new YouTube things. Have downloaded some in the past and made DVDs of them.

Wednesday
Planned non-exercise day as DH due home after dark & inbetween BIG Cathe/Chrono workouts. Made lasagne, made the house all clean/pretty/tidy & it drizzled all day. Had to wait for a break to get Alice out for a walk:
30min, dog walk.

Thursday plans
BIG w/o Viper (probably in chunks)
BIG other school-prep
SML w/o - top/tail Tim Adriene
SML other mending item currently on + pot up 3 new tube plants to be indoor things (diffenbachia, croton, & calathea)

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-20-22, 10:31 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I repotted most of my houseplants and also acquired quite a few new plants during the first year of Covid. We are now overrun with plants, but I do love them!
Waves to Cleda!

1/19 - dog walk
KCM's Cardio Quick Fix part 2, done mostly on my rebounder
Shaun T's Rockin' Body: Party Express

Old 01-20-22, 06:10 PM  
Helen

LILI
The good thing about having lots of indoor plants, is that when you add a new one, only you really notice. I've eyed quite a few at the shop - always the cheapest little tube pots. Plants indoors are SO good for mental health - and help clean the air as well.

Thursday
Quiet day, as first day at home with DH for around 6 weeks, isnce he was at the farm for 2 weeks before Christmas, then we met up in Melbourne for a week, then another 3 weeks at the farm. Make over 10k steps by walking Alice, but other than that - the day was whiled away in conversations about what I'd done it the yard, what to do next, what's happening at the farm...
60min dog walk

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-21-22, 05:42 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

What would Britney Say??

Whoops! I did it again! We all know what that means. Thanks ladies for keeping the check in going. I have a few minutes to post a few words before I get busy for the day.

Helen:
Your plant is lovely. Good to have dh back! You sound so happy. Indoor plants? Don't have them. The cats would eat them, no green thumb, can't be bothered. But I do like to look at them! (So there's some at the office). Great on breaking up the tough Cathe's too. I bet that makes you feel accomplished (which you are btw!)

Lili: My step goals are manageable this time. Doubt that I'd do another one though. (don't I always say that?) But it is helping me this month, so I shall not complain.

Our weather has been warmer, cold, frigid, warm up to snow, ice, etc, and today ? We're back to frigid. Well, it is winter after all so I should not complain. I must admit, I had the heater blowing on my legs at work when I was at my computer and I was drifting away (Helen - you'll find this funny! I was thinking of you and Alice and walking in the 83 degree warmth and sunshine ~ complete with humidity. Made me smile!!!) ... someone came up to ask me a question and scared the bejeepers out of me. I smiled and said, 'Oh not to worry" after I unjumped .... "I was just over in Australia where it's 83 degrees." They had NO clue what I was talking about, but that's ok. I did! I left an hour early yesterday to get to work as it was supposed to get progressively worse (the snow) as the day went on, making rush hour difficult and then by 3 p.m. would be fine. I wanted to avoid the bad rush hour time, so I kept watching and when it went from rain to snow, I left. Cut into workout time though, but that was ok since I was kind of tired anyway.

Ok, on to me, me and all me.

Still short staffed at work. So that means lots of extra work/time, etc. I FINALLY caught up on all of my end of year stuff. 3 weeks is probably the longest it's ever taken me. But I was working solo and I can only do so much while doing my other stuff in between. I feel good that it's caught up. Now on to new stuff.

Still in the throws of all my challenges.
Step Bet: Wrapping up week 3
Andy Speer's Strength Program: Mid way through week 5 (only 6 weeks HALLELUJAH .....)
Power Zone Challenge: about to start week 4 (of 6).

There is a rowing challenge (for a badge) that starts on 1/31 and runs 4 weeks. This is good as I will be done with the strength challenge (but contemplating doing some type of kettlebell challenge or new strength challenge). This one has done me good - as much as I whine about it and I do feel stronger, but it's a whole lot of the same stuff. I do like variety. SO maybe something that does upper body, lower body & total body each week. I don't know. Time to get busy looking.

I am thinking about taking my Urban rebounder to work. Then I can go back and hop on it occasionally (at lunch) and get some extra movement in. Maybe only 5 mins. Not sure on that. I would be the major dork, that's for sure. But hey --- There's worse things.

Alrighty then, let me get to posting my workouts. I have to get busy and then head to motor vehicle this a.m. where I'll get the pleasure of standing in line (probably outside) in 15 degree weather to get a "real ID" license. I hope by making an early appointment that the wait is not unbearable.

1/17/2022: 45 mins. Power Zone ride w/matt (tough ride in zones 4 & 5), 5 mins. cool down ride with denis, 5 mins. PRS

1/18/2022: Row 10 mins,
Treadmill Taylor Swift Run/Walk with Olivia** (30 mins), 10 mins San Fran Trampoline

1/19/2022: WU & 45 mins. Strength with Andy, 45 mins. Power Zone ride with Denis, Grateful Dead cool down ride & post ride stretch

1/20/2022: 30 mins. Broadway Ride with Bradley Rose, 15 minutes bellicon after work to get in some steps and get an active day done. (This is when I start to hate the step bets. If I get my steps in before night time, I'm happy, but when I have to get 1 or 2k more, it frustrates me. Probably not a bad thing to move a little more when I get home, but it still bugs me.)

Lili: the Taylor Swift run on the treadmill with Olivia was more of a run/walk. I was surprised the dubbed it as a "run". It was actually on the easy side, although not easy for me. (It was my first run since the 5th and it's "use it or lose it" for me and my legs felt leadish. There was a little incline ... Of course, I heard her say "10" and I thought she meant to take the incline up to 10, so I did. Then realized she said something like "We'll add incline in 10" ... Ooops :: slaps forehead ::

Ok, gotta go exercise & hope I get done at MV in time to play pickleball. it's been a couple of weeks.

Waves to all reading and Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 02:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - After all that time being apart, I think you get a pass for spending time with hubby. And you take long dog walks with Alice. I also go for the small plants, if I manage to kill it, the loss is not as bad. It's also fun watching them grow up!
Cleda - I think the Taylor Swift run is the same one I did last week, so I don't remember that much about it. I agree about not liking needing steps come evening, but I have found that the treadmill comes in very handy when I do need some.

1/20 - Firm's Ultimate Calorie Blaster
Debbie Rocker's P.M. Walking (snooze fest, happy to return it to the library)
1 Mile with Leslie

Old 01-21-22, 07:56 PM  
Helen

LILI
• The notion of the smaller/cheaper plants is exactly what you said. I still carry guilt about things I've had in the past that didn't make it. SO many... The 3 small tubes I bought this week fall into that category - replacing things I've had in the past. Try again.
• So I don't need to remember the name Debbie Rocker then?
• Thanks for the pass due to DH - but see business for Friday.... lucky the Alice walk was long again.

CLEDA
• Nice that you drifted away to HERE!
• I wouldn't take the rebounder to work - someone would either break it or pinch it.
• Hope the wait at the DMV is all inside, and not too long. Can you spell out what it's about though? The "real ID" and such?

Friday
• 60min, dog walk - she ran so much she had to pause on the way home - for a rest. Knackered the dog.
• Out to a centre with DH - looking at large indoor pots to replace a cane one he hates (dust collector); lunch; general cruising around.
• Also - work timetable arrived - spent almost 4 hours setting up various schedule things with that.

Saturday today
It's a buddy-day but that'll be late afternoon/evening (and easier) - maybe I can fit in Viper during the day - much less dread about it, breaking these up was the best idea!

Last weekend before back-to-work.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.