Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-21, 07:39 AM  
bethellen

virtual walks

Do any of you use virtual walks without a treadmill or eliptical? I'd like some nice scenic walks but don't want to add a big piece of equipment to my small workout room.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 09:10 AM  
JessicaW

If it would motivate you to exercise, I say do it! I think I would find it a bit boring and do use virtual walks with my treadmill only. But anything that would get one to move is always a good thing!
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-21, 02:17 PM  
kat999

Yes, I've done it. I've found some just on YouTube but there are some more formal ones on various fitness apps. I don't even have a treadmill; I just basically do Leslie-style walking in place or jog around my room while watching. Very soothing, especially during winter months.
Old 12-22-21, 11:38 AM  
ardnas

I got rid of my treadmill, stationary bike, & elliptical before we moved, but kept all of the virtual walks/runs/bike rides and do them anyway.
I have several brands, favorites are Virtual Active. They have decent music, fantastic scenery, and option to have a trainer pop onscreen at times to give tips + motivation. My 2 most used are Germany & Italy.
I esp like to do them in winter or when weather outside is bad. Sometimes I walk or run to them, others I do basic aerobics.
My husband also likes to walk to them in winter because he cannot handle any choreography other than Leslie.
Old 12-22-21, 12:43 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have done some Virtual Actives sans equipment. I really like the American Southwest ones as I have actually done some of the hikes. It brings back good memories!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-21, 06:53 AM  
geojill

I have a ton of Virtual Active downloads and now use their app, Virtual Active Roam. I use them on my rebounder and do at least some of a video at least 4x/week. I have had a treadmill and an elliptical in the past and got rid of both, but use my rebounder a ton and never have regretted that purchase. Even if you just do your own thing on the floor without equipment, I find the scenery to be very mentally relaxing. I turn down their music (or ambient sounds that are with the more recent videos) and either listen to my own music or an audiobook.

Tags
virtual walks