Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-21, 05:30 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Freedom Fit - WHAT A DEAL!

I subscribed to Jenny Ford's Freedom Fit streaming service a few weeks ago. It's really cheap, like $5 a month or $50 a year. I proceeded to ignore it for almost a month.

Silly me!! I decided to do step today and it was so fun! I have been doing so much strength training I've forgotten how good cardio feels.

If you're a cardio lover, specifically a step lover, she's got a lot of workouts that just hit that perfect sweet spot for me: intermediate in intensity, intermediate in step choreography. Remember how many discussions we had back in the day about the dearth of good intermediate workouts? How it seemed like everything was either marketed to total beginners or to puke-in-a-bucket near-pro athletes?

Everything is nicely indexed and there are plenty of walking workouts, but really where Jenny and her site shine is when it comes to step. She has them indexed as basic, beginner, intermediate, and advanced (mostly referring to choreography, but also to some degree intensity.) She also has plenty of step-and-strength type workouts and straight up strength workouts and I really feel like she designs those well.

I am thinking about doing ALL the Seven Summits step workouts in the coming year. I am getting a pacemaker in March and I don't know how that is going to impact my routine.... I'm told to expect one night in the hospital,10-12 days at home recovering, and 6-8 weeks of "light duty" at work. I'm guessing simple walking and step without arms during the 6-8 weeks? Anyway, I'm sure Jenny will be a big part of my year in 2022.

This subscription is pretty much a no-brainer for me. The cost is so reasonable and there is plenty of content. There are plenty of things that I've subscribed to for 6 months at a time but this is one I'll keep. A girl can always use a good step workout.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-21, 06:31 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Susan for the review! I have had this subscription on my radar for some time. I just love Jenny!

Good luck w/ your pacemaker.

Maybe I'll challenge myself with the 7 Summits as well in 2022.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 01:20 PM  
adrien_73

I love Jenny's workouts!

I have all of her DVDs, and have been doing several of the ones on Youtube. I cannot wait for her Step Across America set to be released!

I may subscribe eventually, but I am still working my way through a lot of youtube content in general...and am unemployed.
(Expecting that to turn around soon though!)
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-23, 12:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Discount code for streaming

OLD THREAT ALERT

I thought I'd resurrect a thread that already had discussion on the service when I posted the code.

Jenny Ford advertised a discount code that lowers the streaming price 25%.

Code: ILUVSTEP

I haven't subscribed/ tried just passing along.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom fit, jenny ford