Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-21, 06:51 PM  
Helen

I'm here!
Friday night.

Wednesday night, right after work (DH came home early for me) drove down to Sydney, in TORRENTIAL rain, and I'm SURE the GPS have a financial deal with the toll companies for tunnels & paid toll highways, as it usually takes 2.5 hrs, but it took me through EVERY toll road imaginable and FOUR HOURS later, arrived at Bridget's. (DH checked the toll bill online - $34)

Stayed overnight with her, visited with the recently separated friend, and went to a course for work all day Thursday (still raining), and drove home, again, in torrential rain. Set the GPS to choose NO TOLLS, and since the traffic going down in the rain was awful - people still doing 110km/h (68 mph) in that kind of weather, with many washes of water pouring across the road, thought it was worth using the "old road" - original highway. Very windy, but NO traffic so I could go as slowly as I liked and it was absolutely LOVELY - surrounded by large trees, rural settings, cows, horses, ... took longer due to both he route & speed but felt much safer, and more calm that the trip down.

Thankfully, the rain abated at the perfect time to unload the car at Bridget's and to move from car to building for course - both ends of the day, but rained all day otherwise.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-21, 11:29 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

March 18:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Jessica Smith: 360 Abs & Boogie Down Walk
~MFML: Evening Relaxation + hip openers & supported fish

March 19:
~Neighbourhood walk
~30 min rebounding
~Essentrics barre class on band
~Adriene’s 30 Day Challenge: Happiness Boost

Helen - That’s quite the grueling drive! The torrential rain brings back memories of our stay in Townsville 2 years ago.

Hi Susan P!

Congrats on your 1000 rides Cleda! Classical Stretch reruns are on a lot of PBS stations.

Lili - I’m out of patience with ads interrupting my workouts, I think it’s just an ongoing side effect of Covid fatigue. So my cardio is walking, Body Groove, rebounding to audiobooks, & revisiting my Jessica Smith downloads these days. And I’m enjoying my ad free subscriptions & Adriene’s yoga downloads. I bought two of her YouTube challenges for a small donation.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 12:33 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - I don't like ads in the middle of a workout because it interrupts the whole flow! And if it's more than once, that's it for me! Too many other choices.
Susan - if you are still around, I was intrigued by Jessica's Lift and Shift, so it's good to know at least one of the workouts is good! I just have too many streaming sites going right now to pay for another one. I'm sure she'll do this again if it's a success.
Helen - what a dreadful drive, both ways! I'm glad you made it safely.

3/19 - dog walk
Jessica's Cardio Interval Sculpt from WS3
Firm's Ultimate Fat Burning Workout, 40 min.

I'm not sure what hit me, but I only had the 1 w/o on my rotation for the day and just grabbed off of my Firm shelf. It wasn't bad! None of the goofy equipment, just light hand weights for parts of it. It was a nice complement to Jessica's workout.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 07:42 PM  
Helen

Sooo - it's day eleventy-seven of torrential rain. Some areas are being evacuated due to flooding. Not in the city where I am, and I'm on a hill - no risk up here.

Yesterday - buddy wanted TWO! Since she did nothing whilst I was away.
Neither did I - couldn't even go for a long walk due to the rain, so my 'every day' run has been broken.

Saturday:
45min, Michelle Bridges - Tight Toned Terrific
36min, Cathe - Cardio Kicks - Second Half Mix (Power Drills), with buddy

CLEDA
CONGRATULATIONS!!! On the 1000 rides!

PAM
Loving the new avatar!!

LILI
Still into rotations - you're nailing them these days.

Sunday, the 21st of March
49min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 01 Discern - don't even remember why I chose to go with this set, but there it is - started another set of 30 Day Challenge.
70min, Cathe - Step Fit, 6" with all air
Finally got another one done for my Cathe-Chrono - Maximum Intensity Cardio is up next (71min)
49min, Cathe - Perfect30 - Pump - MishMosh Mix 3 (No step + core), with buddy

and yes, it's still raining, but no longer a torrent

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 03-21-21, 08:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

better check in ....

Helen: I haven't been watching any news (local or worldwide) so hadn't heard about the rains. I usually listen when they mention Australia and think of you right away. Glad you are up on a hill. Mother nature is one thing in life we canNOT control. I wouldn't worry about your "every day in ...." you are moving and that's important. Just pick up where you are and move forward! YOU GOT THIS ... and don't forget how much your buddy depends on you as well.

Pam:
I meant to mention before and I second the opinion of your new avatar. LOVE IT .... I thought there may be reruns on PBS. I don't need Pandemic fatigue to be over the ads on YOU TUBE! lol ... but it probably doesn't help my mood either.

Lili: Sometimes it feels great to go rogue! Good for you.

on to me, me and all me.... Didn't realize I was 2 days behind

3/19/2021:
Row (20 minutes Motown row), 10 mins. core with Ben, 10 minutes Hip Opener (Hydrow app with Owen). I think I was tired this day and it was all good. Movement. Did it. Done. check!

3/20/2021: must have needed the rest as my energy came back. 90 mins. Power Zone ride (endurance) with Matt, 10 mins. Cool down ride with Ben, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch with Matt, 20 mins. Glute & Legs with Ben, 15 mins. Core with Emma** (HATED IT), 16 minutes Hydrow journey for a badge, walked several miles at the park in the afternoon. (55 degrees and sunny. !!!)

** It wasn't the workout that I hated, but the music. I did a "Megan Thee Stallion" artist series core workout. I absolutely hated the lyrics, the songs, everything. AWFUL. simply AWFUL. (Call me old) . I will never do any type of "Megan Thee STallion" theme workout on Peloton again. BLECH ....

That's it. Gotta go figure out and print stuff for the upcoming challenge(s). One is a habit one (a shoot off from my strength group) and one is our OWN power zone challenge with another group that branched off. This one will have more variety than just PZ rides with matt & denis. I'm looking forward to it.

Make it a great week!
Waves to all!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 06:26 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Lili is GOING ROGUE!! Grabbing workouts that aren't on the PLAN. oh my. Lili, you realize this could go downhill fast! Glad you had a great workout. I might have to check out that particular Firm; I love four-limbed aerobics type stuff.

Cleda, someday I really need to try a Peloton workout, but I want to TRY before I BUY. I'm on my feet SO much at work, they swell and ache like I'm my own grandma.... so the idea of a not-so-much-on-my-feet workout like biking (or rowing!) sounds good to me. But a Peloton is a big investment. (of course, my husband just bought a Tesla, so I am in a GOOD SPOT for suggesting a Peloton.... *insert devilish grin here*)

Helen, your weather sounds absolutely HARROWING. I love the sound of your drive home from Sydney, though. It sounds like it was almost relaxing. I love country drives. I really miss living in the mountains in PA; it is so URBAN here, even though I am in a suburb of Kansas City.

Pam, while the pandemic has changed our lives for the worse in some ways, it certainly has opened our eyes to opportunities, like leading workouts via Zoom. We could even have an EDI? class together! You could Zoom with US! Heck, I know I'd pay double whatever your usual fee is to do something like that! "Essentrics and Wine with the EDI?ers." It would be epic.

So far from L&S, I have done the first three main total body workouts: total body strength (compound superset), total body definition (paired superset), and total body stamina (the fundamentals circuit). I have LOVED all three. I had about given up on video strength workouts because they all seem to just go so dang FAST! I have been doing my own strength workouts, and what Jessica does is SO CLOSE to what I do on my own! Basic moves, slow pace, heavy weights. So far, three variations on that theme. I haven't done fine toning or any of the mobility moves. But if these three workouts were all there was to this set, I would LOVE IT and consider it well worth my money. I cannot even imagine ANYONE regretting this set.

So,

Sunday March 21- Total Body Stamina (the Fundamentals Circuit) --I used 2x20lb, 2x12lb, and 2x10lb. I think next time I would go with 2x15 instead of 2x12 for my middle set.

I have never liked Jessica's strength workouts. They typically frustrate me and I Joni-O 'em pronto. She was always one to move too fast, do compound movements where my upper body is fatigued with the weights that hardlyl count for lower body, etc. So, WOW is all I can say.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 06:34 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

3/20 - dog walk
10 Min. Low Impact Ride w/ Hannah C.(did this as a warm-up)
30 Min. Advanced Beginner Ride w/ Leanne H.
CS S4:E17
3/21 - yard work and dog walk
GHU Core Pilates something
Belicon Bounce & Balance w/ Jeremy

Cleda - most of the time I pick my Peloton w/o's because of the playlist (also try and stay with under 8 on the intensity scale!). I'm not familiar w/ Ms. Stallion's music, sounds like I don't need to be!
Pam - I'm also a fan of the new avatar!
Helen - that stinks about the rainy day messing with your record, but some things are just beyond our control.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 11:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

March 21:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Essentrics barre stretch workout on the band app
~BellyFit zoom: Mama Cougar
~MFML: Yoga & Qi Gong Renew & Revive

Helen - I’m glad you’re safely high & dry!

Cleda - Bad music is a deal breaker for me, I’d rather have no music & add my own.

Susan - I’m glad your enjoying L&S, it’s great when a fitness purchase is a hit. I love Jessica but I don’t lift heavy as it irritates my wrists & knees so I won’t be biting on this one. I have a zoom account & I’d be happy to do a standing Essentrics workout for the group, no charge, something stretchy & flowy, 20-30 min. I’m retired so have plenty of free time these days. I'm on pacific daylight time, so prefer nothing too early in the am, lol.

Waves to Lili!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 05:22 AM  
Helen

Yup - still raining & the radar area of rain is even larger today with "heavy rain" for tomorrow. Ugh!!

Not long back from a long walk with Alice - both of us in raincoats. She was SO HAPPY to be out! Came home to do:
40min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 02 Foundation

So we may be high, but we are NOT dry - nothing is! The ground everywhere squelches!

Bad Music - has to be REALLY bad for it to be a deal-breaker. Has never happened. A solid beat & I'm good. Never heard of Megan Thee Stallion until the Grammys.

Yes, the drive home WAS lovely, and with so few cars on that road, I could go as slowly as I liked to enjoy it. MUCH longer, but worth it for the scenery and safety. People were still doing highway speeds, and there was an accident on the way down to drive it home. SLOW DOWN!!

Oh.... DH only came home on Wednesday, going again tomorrow (Tuesday).

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 03-22-21, 05:45 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

No time

My workout calls me. (and we know how easily we get sidetracked).

Susan:
WELCOME BACK ... I wasn't sure if you were staying or just popping in to say hi!!! So good to see you. My son has wanted a Tesla for a very long time now. (He will get one, just not yet.) lol. . . So yes! You are in a very good position to buy a Peloton. I (of course) am not the one to ask about it, as I love it and would do my best to convince you to buy it. The bottom line is - it's very expensive and unless you think you would use it, it's not worth the price. I love the power zone training (as an endurance athlete) and wouldn't trade my power meter (right on the screen) for training purposes for ANYTHING. but again, I am biased. I no longer talk to people about it as the 2 people who actually bought it on my recommendation barely use it. So. You'll do the research and decide. I think the older style bike (not the PLUS) is actually fine for most. I was shocked that most spin bikes are about the same in price range as the $1895 of the older bike. (I should say some of the higher end quality bikes). Then there's the subscription, etc, etc, . For me? Perfect. Obviously. Love my peloton. For most? It's a choice they may not be ready to make. It's more of a community than just a bike when you get involved with online people/challenges, etc. Think VF for the Peloton! I have made wonderful friends and we've split off into different groups. I've met one of the instructors, we've had get togethers (pre pandemic of course). I could go on and on -- o h wait! I did. Anyway ...... I am so sorry about your swelling feet. Having worked retail on my feet for 8-12 hours or more, I totally get it. Even compression stockings don't stop the swelling.

Waves to everyone else ... I have to post and run. (literally?)

3/21/2021: 15 mins. tunde Hiit workout w/arms, 15 minutes Ally love 70s ride and walked at the park.

It was a beautiful day.
Enjoy!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daily workout thread, every day, every day check in