Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-20, 06:30 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkrtalkr View Post
Erica H. Let me know your results. Prayers your way.
Aw, thank you! VFers are the best!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 05:15 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica H. Let me know your results. Prayers your way.
Update:
Liver u/s was normal, but liver enzymes are still elevated and keep increasing. White blood count is low. Sodium is low. My primary care doctor did more sodium tests (blood and urine) and everything came back low.

She got me an appt. with a kidney doctor for Thursday. I looked up kidney problems and I don't have symptoms of anything I could find. This is so frustrating. I am spending so much money and feel like I'm on a wild goose chase.

I'm seeing the vascular doctor next week and feel good about that appt. because my circulation is so bad and needs to be looked at.

I've been stress eating like crazy the past few days between all of these issues and also something going on at home. Now I'm afraid to step on the scale when I see these new doctors. All I want to do is sit and eat to soothe myself. Not a good combination. I'm still exercising, but I'm forcing myself to instead of enjoying it and running isn't fun with a full belly from stuffing myself silly.

Erica
Old 10-07-20, 12:27 AM  
Sand

In my last checkup, my liver enzymes were also elevated. I have Graves’ disease, along with other autoimmune issues. Two years ago, I was having some issues with my cycles and ended up having an anovulatory cycle. I was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe. On my checkup a few months after being on it, my liver enzymes were elevated. Then everything was normal until this last checkup. My endocrinologist told me to stop taking the pill immediately. I was already dealing with some issues with my cycle and I assumed that it was autoimmune related. Since going off the pill, these issues have gone away.

I rarely drink but since the first time that I had the elevated liver enzymes, I made it a point not to drink because I didn’t want to create any issues. When I used to be a social drinker, I never had any elevated liver enzymes on any of my labs.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 02:00 AM  
walkrtalkr

Erica H keep me updated. How totally frustrating....prayers your way
walkrtalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 04:28 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
In my last checkup, my liver enzymes were also elevated. I have Graves’ disease, along with other autoimmune issues. Two years ago, I was having some issues with my cycles and ended up having an anovulatory cycle. I was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe. On my checkup a few months after being on it, my liver enzymes were elevated. Then everything was normal until this last checkup. My endocrinologist told me to stop taking the pill immediately. I was already dealing with some issues with my cycle and I assumed that it was autoimmune related. Since going off the pill, these issues have gone away.

I rarely drink but since the first time that I had the elevated liver enzymes, I made it a point not to drink because I didn’t want to create any issues. When I used to be a social drinker, I never had any elevated liver enzymes on any of my labs.
I did have elevated liver enzymes several years ago, but then no issues since last month. I don't drink and don't take any meds, so exercise is the only thing I can think of that may be causing the abnormal results. I suspect the sodium issues are just from drinking too many fluids. I'm always thirsty and drink all day long. I told my doctor this, but she doesn't think this is the issue because much of what I drink is diet soda (bad habit) and that contains sodium.

Quote:
Erica H keep me updated. How totally frustrating....prayers your way
Thanks so much.

Erica
Old 10-07-20, 10:34 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Update:
I am spending so much money and feel like I'm on a wild goose chase.
I just wanted to tell you that I know how you feel. I spent all of last year dealing with anemia and then getting my gallbladder removed. Had two blood clots in the process. I spent countless hours going to all types of doctors and having all types of bloodwork done. I felt that the stress from the testing was worse than whatever caused my health to go down hill.

I'm still not sure why my health took a nosedive, but I have spent the past year attempting to get my nutrients and minerals in check. My vitamin D level was critically low when everything started going to crap, so since then I've just started focusing on that (I bought a UVB light and I go to the tanning booth!) and eating an iron rich diet. I've stopped getting blood draws and just going on how I feel.

So, hang in there, and I know exactly how stressful it is to have multiple doctors tell you they're not sure why your numbers are low. I just wanted them to tell me here is what's wrong with you and here's what you need to do. But that didn't happen, and I eventually just accepted that a lot it was probably related to perimenopause and low mineral counts. I know you'll eventually get through to the other side though, and I hope in the mean time that you'll get some answers (if there are any!). Take good care!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 10:59 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I just wanted to tell you that I know how you feel. I spent all of last year dealing with anemia and then getting my gallbladder removed. Had two blood clots in the process. I spent countless hours going to all types of doctors and having all types of bloodwork done. I felt that the stress from the testing was worse than whatever caused my health to go down hill.

I'm still not sure why my health took a nosedive, but I have spent the past year attempting to get my nutrients and minerals in check. My vitamin D level was critically low when everything started going to crap, so since then I've just started focusing on that (I bought a UVB light and I go to the tanning booth!) and eating an iron rich diet. I've stopped getting blood draws and just going on how I feel.

So, hang in there, and I know exactly how stressful it is to have multiple doctors tell you they're not sure why your numbers are low. I just wanted them to tell me here is what's wrong with you and here's what you need to do. But that didn't happen, and I eventually just accepted that a lot it was probably related to perimenopause and low mineral counts. I know you'll eventually get through to the other side though, and I hope in the mean time that you'll get some answers (if there are any!). Take good care!
Thank you. I'm sorry for what you've been through. It is very frustrating and medicine is definitely not an exact science.

I had some major (and minor) medical issues in the past few years and had horrible medical care. I have no faith in most doctors. It's awful to spend time and money to be misdiagnosed and/or given bad medical advice. It has happened to me over and over again.

Erica
Old 10-07-20, 12:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Thank you. I'm sorry for what you've been through. It is very frustrating and medicine is definitely not an exact science.

I had some major (and minor) medical issues in the past few years and had horrible medical care. I have no faith in most doctors. It's awful to spend time and money to be misdiagnosed and/or given bad medical advice. It has happened to me over and over again.

Erica
Me too! I eventually gave up with regular medicine, and now I see an acupuncturist and and alternative doctor. I wish I had done it sooner and avoided all of it, but at least I am starting to regain my health back now. Hugs to you!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 01:17 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Me too! I eventually gave up with regular medicine, and now I see an acupuncturist and and alternative doctor. I wish I had done it sooner and avoided all of it, but at least I am starting to regain my health back now. Hugs to you!
I'm so glad you found something that works for you!

Erica
Old 10-07-20, 06:57 PM  
Big Sky

Smile I understand!

Erica,

I am sorry for all of the stress you are enduring. Medical issues are taxing. I have had slightly elevated enzyme levels for over a decade now. I have had 2 liver ultrasounds and seen a rheumatologist. The only diagnosis I ever received came a few months ago and it was for Reynaud's disease and was not correlated to my enzyme levels. My internist and rheumatologist simply attribute it to the enzymes coming from muscle tissue breakdown in my skeletal system. I work out hard and am an advanced exerciser. This may not be applicable to you but hopefully eases your mind somewhat. Just as an aside, I also had orange palms which they thought were an indication of liver disease. Well, once I ceased eating carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes every day, it went away. Ha.
Big Sky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liver enzymes