Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-20, 12:43 PM  
loverly7

talk to me about Body Groove

Does anyone use the streaming Body Groove workouts? https://www.bodygroove.com/

What are you thoughts? I'm curious to try them and the price is low, but I'm not sure how much structure there is to their workouts. I know they emphasize doing what feels good to your body, but do they still have an actual workout that you are following and just modifying as needed? I'm torn about them.

How is the music in their workouts? Do they add new workouts on a regular basis? Please share your experiences. Thanks in advance!
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 06:30 AM  
sherry7899

I only did the free trial. You could do that so you can see how you like them.

The music is very upbeat and motivating. She does not add new workouts that often, but since the price is cheap it is understandable. There is a ton of material on there. You can browse the site to see what is there before signing up.

Misty and the few other instructors show a base move. You can stick with that, or embellish it, modify or increase the impact, etc. To be honest, my heart rate does not get very high with her workouts. It gets higher with the HIIT workouts, but still not very high. If you are used to Cathe type cardio, these will not be enough for you. However, they are fun and motivating, and they make me smile. I feel like it's more of a movement session than a traditional workout, if that makes any sense. They are good for days when you don't feel like a "regular" workout. There are times where she has you do walking around at varying speeds and freezing in place. I usually keep moving or do some dance moves of my own during those segments.

I have most of her dvds, so I have not signed up for a full month yet.

You can browse here:
https://www.bodygrooveondemand.com/browse

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 04:06 PM  
JessicaW

I am a big Body Groove fan. Misty Tripoli promotes body positivity and feeling good in your skin. These workouts are as intense as you want them to be. I find I am always doing them with a big grin on my face and hoping no one is watching because I get right into them. So, they can be really good for your mental health too. Being silly for three to five minutes at a time! She constantly cues and gives suggestions so there is no confusion about what to do. But she also encourages you to do what feels good in your body.
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 04:35 PM  
loverly7

Thanks so much for your feedback!
Old 08-31-20, 11:53 AM  
horsemom2

I used to be a fan but now they are quite boring.

(maybe her politics added to my turn off after she complained against a pandemic lockdown in Mexico).

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 02:48 PM  
loverly7

Thanks for all the information. I decided to NOT use this streaming site. You all are always so helpful. Thanks again!
Old 08-31-20, 03:43 PM  
bubbles76

Loverly, I only use her dvds, so I am not much help for her streaming site.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 12:11 PM  
suzannaerin

I subscribe, it's not that expensive. I agree that the workouts are repetitive, so I'm now doing mostly Body Project. While I like the ones Misti leads, I don't care for the blonde and her workouts. There are a couple meditation sessions, which I appreciate. Didn't know she complained about the Mexico lockdown--that's odd. I hope I don't hear it or I'll toss her into the kcm category (haha! no offense anyone, please)
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 12:21 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I subscribe, it's not that expensive. I agree that the workouts are repetitive, so I'm now doing mostly Body Project. While I like the ones Misti leads, I don't care for the blonde and her workouts. There are a couple meditation sessions, which I appreciate. Didn't know she complained about the Mexico lockdown--that's odd. I hope I don't hear it or I'll toss her into the kcm category (haha! no offense anyone, please)
I am sorry to go off topic, but do you have favorite Body Project workouts? I was going to try them on you tube. Do you subscribe to their site? Thank you!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 10:39 AM  
Scorpio6

I just canceled my automatic renewal on the streaming. For whatever reason, I cannot get past that woman's African braids and she's Caucasian. I also don't think the workouts really qualify as a workout to me, they're more like just fooling around bc today is an off day.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body groove, misty tripoli