Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-23, 03:53 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Checking in, but not much to report.
2/16 - dog walk
GHU's Gold Beginner Power Walking 3
2/17 - TURD (it rained most of the day, so no dog walk, and my lack of sleep just wiped me out)
2/18 - dog walk
I should be doing something now, but between taking my MIL out for lunch and then meeting my kids/grandkids at a basketball game later, I just don't feel like changing twice to do a short workout. We are bringing the grandkids back here after the game while their parents go out. It's a sad excuse, but I'm hoping to have a stellar day tomorrow!

Helen - I love painting walls, everything looks fresh and new. Ceilings are not my thing. All the looking up gets to my neck. And this ceiling had lots of gunk from glow-in-the-dark stars that were stuck up there when my kids were young that I had to sand off. But, now that it's done and the new ceiling fan is installed, it looks great!
Vantreesta - Good call to not walk in the street in the dark, especially on ice! I'm sure Cyric will forgive you.
Waves to Cleda!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-23, 08:23 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Where was I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post

Have middle-aged women become like teenagers? (don't judge - read on... I'm going somewhere) Falling for the UNreal expectations - but instead of it being about body size/shape/hair/nails, it's about the whole lifestyle: healthy eating, tidy/clean home, whilst also working full time, and doing workouts for health/well-being too, AND maintaining productive hobbies (eg gardening, sewing...) - is it as UNattainable as looking like the "girl on the magazine" is unattainable? Are we being pushed by our culture into unreasonable expectations? Obviously I'm feeling a little philosophical.
Helen: I found this interesting! I definitely don't get it all done and don't even let it bother me now. Well, sort of. I always think tomorrow is another day. We absolutely do TOO much or try to get done. Philosophical on my friend!

Ok waves to all and on to me. I have to run up to Costco for gas before it opens and gets crowded! (Gas station opens up 3 hours earlier than the warehouse)

Darn! just checked, got behind AGAIN .....

2/15/2023: Circuit Row workout, 30 mins. Sam Yo Disco ride, 10 mins. cooldown ride (Elton John)

2/16/2023: 15 mins. Effort Level row, 30 mins. Valentine ride with Leanne

2/17/2023: 20 mins. recovery ride, 2.5 hours pickleball**

2/18/2023: 20 mins. LIVE row, 5 mins. Cool down, 10 mins. warmup ride on the Peloton, 60 mins. CDE Climb ride, 20 mins. Low impact ride, 5 mins Post ride stretch

Today is yet to be determined (should be weights)

** I found a new place to play pickleball. It's about 8 miles from me, indoors at a civic center. They used to only play on Fridays, but starting next week it will be open all week days Mon. through Friday. It's much more economical than any other indoor place I've played at. So I'm thrilled with that. Now, if I would arrange my schedule so I don't make appointments at pickleball time. (How was I to know?) I have a friend who always sends me texts when they are playing at different places. She doesn't want me to lose touch and knows I work full time with alternating times off, so she always sends me where/when they will be. I figured I better show up or soon she'll stop sending me texts.

Christine's 60 mins. climb ride was simplay a Power Zone Endurance ride but disguised as a Climb ride. I thoroughly enjoyed it. (it was mostly heavy resistance the entire time!) No big surprise there!

That's it for now. Gotta run.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 04:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - The way pickleball is expanding, finding more places to play should get easier and easier! Glad you found a new location.

2/19 - dog walk
30 Min. 80's Ride w/ Jenn Sherman
5 Min. Post Ride Stretch w/ Bradley Rose
20 Min. Pop Punk Barre w/ Ally Love
(I do love the stack feature on Peloton, makes multiple workouts easier)
2/20 - 4.54 mile hike, trying some new trails in the county park
dog walk

Old 02-21-23, 06:46 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in ....

Or we all know I'll get behind!

Lili: you are right! It is definitely expanding. I've been playing for almost 2 years, but know people who've been playing for 7 or more! Practically unheard of back then.

Waves to everyone.

Need to go workout so:

2/19/2023: REST day. (I had my workout clothes on, but got busy cleaning and by the time I looked up it was late afternoon and I had run out of steam, so plunked myself on the couch and decided a rest day was FINE!)

2/20/2023: 5 mins. warm up (peloton), 15 mins. Ben Alldis Climb Ride, 20 mins. CDE Broadway ride. In the evening I did: 30 mins. Breathe Row, 5 mins. cool down row, 15 mins. Standing Core work with Rebecca Kennedy and then did 15 mins. stretch (Hydrow) with Pete

I have joined another challenge. It's different than my Power Zone challenges. I'll see how it goes. It was on a whim. But I need structure. It's 6 weeks long. mandatory - 3 rides a week. One is a climb, one is a HIIT or Tabatta ride and one is a music ride. They have an extra credit 45 mins. endurance ride every week as well. I thought Pffft! 15 mins. for a climb ride? I'll be fine. I just did a 60 mins. climb ride. Well, let me tell you ~~~ It was tough and I got a PR - which I haven ot gotten in over a year (I think). I rarely get them any more, so obviously I was pushing harder for 15 mins. Structure is good for me!

This is the last week of my "Commit to Fit" rowing badge. So I have 2 more workouts to complete that. Yep. I suppose I need structure.

Gotta run!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 02-22-23, 01:18 AM  
Helen

I heard pickleball mentioned at work last week - FIRST time I've heard it mentioned IRL!! Nobody but me and the one talking about it, had heard of it. I felt "in the know"!

CLEDA
It does my heart good to hear that you don't get it all done (either ).
That's a good friend to send you play-times! She definitely wants you to keep playing.

LILI
Out glow-stars are STILL on Cait's ceiling, from when they were together in there in COTS! And Cait still loves them.

VANNIE
Hope all is well with both you and Cyric now.

ME
I've just (barely) been maintaining STS (without the extras between plain weights), and doing other things with Kathryn. I could tell she REALLY wants to be doing the same thing as me, so if she's IN that night, I shift STS & do something with her instead. She & her husband are coming over this Saturday for drinks & take-away Japanese food. We're swapping our favourite cocktail recipes.

Saturday
55min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 3 - 09 Legs
Sunday
29min, Cathe - FitSplit - Shred Cardio | Push Day - Timesaver Mix 1 (Just Shred Cardio), with Kathryn, and it was SO HOT - hence the short choice.
Monday
56min, Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 4 - 10 Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps
Tuesday
39min, Cathe - ICE - BootCamp Circuit - MishMosh Mix 3 (Scambled Express with Blizzard Blast), with Kathryn

ALSO - dog walks most days unless DH took her out. Meditation lapsed a little - feels weird when people are in the house, but still plodding, just not noting them.

DH has walked Alice a few days, and I've done some (don't log it anywhere but here, so I've forgotten the details), and until today we had days on end over 90F. That broke with torrential rain this morning & showers of varying intensity on/off all day. School walking was cancelled.

Kathryn is IN tonight again, so STS Back/Triceps postponed until Thursday.
Cait's in Sydney with Bridget tonight - getting subject selection sorted for Sydney Uni. I'm feeling generally MUCH more bouyant for having BOTH DH & Cait home, & Bridget is checking in more often too. - Oh!! Bridget was a speaker at a conference in Hobart last week and was awarded "Best Speaker"!!

Raining still, but that's NOT a bad thing.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-23, 05:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: OH MY GOSH ... I don't get nearly anything done and that's life. I barely make it through the workout, the day, work, making dinner and I'm totally exhausted. Nope. I'm not one of those, "Have it all together" gals. No siree. Glad we could help in the "pickleball" chat. Keeping you in the know! Just one more perk of the "Every Day In ____ Check in" You must be so proud of Bridget! (or should I say MORE proud? Cuz you're always proud of both your girls and rightly so!) You sound good .....

Waves to Lili & Vantreesta and all those reading!

on to me, me, me as I have to get a workout in before work. It always works better when I get at least one workout of the day done in the a.m. Then I can do something in the evening if I choose to OR it's done for the day. Either way? all good as long as I do something!

2/21/23: 30 mins. 90s Pop Ride with Ally Love (for the challenge!)

2/22/23: Row 20 mins. with a 5 mins. technique cool down (for my Commit to Fit Badge!), 15 mins. HIIT ride, 10 mins. EXTRA low impact ride (to cool down)

Both rides yesterday were with Hannah Frankson. This is the OTHER reason that challenges are good for me. They take me out of my comfort zone and have me doing other instructors! We all know I'd be doing my Broadway rides, singalong rides, low impact rides. This forces me to do other rides. The HIIT ride was 2 sets of 16 intervals each (with a rest after 8 of them) 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off for the first set and then 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off for the second set. The 15 mins. went really fast. But boy did it pack a punch in those 15 minutes. I definitely needed the extra 10 mins. to bring my heart rate down and to cool down a bit! All good though. Going to be an interesting 6 weeks (almost done with week #1.)

Ok, gotta run. today is an endurance ride. I can handle that. Good ole Power Zone endurance.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 02-24-23, 08:16 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Uh oh ....

Dancin' with myself!!!!

2/23/2023: Low Impact with Denis. 45 minutes

It was not a power zone ride, but rather a low impact ride that worked on skills, drills and techniques. Again, not a workout I would choose, but happy they did. It was good. And obviously, most people (including myself) can always use practice with technique!!! Glad I took this one. Glad I joined the challenge.

Have a great day!
Cleda
Old 02-24-23, 11:53 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Why don't I check in more often? It would make it so much easier! Waves to all, enjoying your comments!

2/21 - short dog walk, it started raining while we were out
Ghu's Beginner Gold Body Blast (harder than I expected)
Ghu's Fat Burning Cardio Walk
2/22 - Les Mills Body Combat Invincible, w/o #14 from YouTube
stretch on my own, as the Body Combat just ended without a cool down/stretch.
2/23 - dog walk
Hike, 5.6 miles, 2+ hours, lots of hills on this route.

Old 02-25-23, 05:10 PM  
Helen

Oh what?! I posted!! I DID!!!!! Blasted WiFi issues I'll bet - hit "Submit Reply" & walk away, and quietly the circle of death is NOT posting it.

Have to be a drive-by now...

Wednesday Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 4 - 10 Back & Triceps
Thursday Cathe - ICE - Metabolic Blast - Timesaver Mix 4 (Metabolic Standing + Calorie Crush)
Friday Cathe - STS - Meso 1 - Week 4 - 12 Legs
Saturday short dog walk only, as Kathryn, her husband & dog came over for dinner.
Off STS for a week - looking forward to the week off, but ALSO looking forwards to Meso 2.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-25-23, 07:06 PM  
Helen

so now it's two.... (deleted the REPEATED content)

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.