Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-23, 09:02 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - I Fear I'll Marry Into a Family That Run 5Ks on Holidays. 2/26

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 09:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Haha! Good title for the talk yesterday on long runs! Thanks, Laura!

Today will be a nice warm day! We’ll warm up just above freezing, which still counts as warm these days! I’ll go out for a nice walk. Nothing much else planned other than putzing around and taking trash out tonight. I found some Panera gift certificates in my basket, so might stop there for lunch and get a nice sandwich!

Laura, sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day! I’m glad Polly was able to accept that also. I got rid of my professional books when I retired - I’m feeling good about that! The annual meeting for toxicologists will be happening in a few weeks in Nashville, TN - usually a warmer place than here, but I’m passing on going anywhere these days. I used to think I’d enjoy seeing colleagues there, but frankly nope, not interested.

Vantreesta, you certainly put your steps in! I had a friend rent a house in AZ to see if he would like staying there in retirement - NOPE! We enjoy the cold of the season along with all the weather/climate variety here!

Paula, Good luck with your new computer! I thought I’d always need a desktop computer, but I’m doing fine with my iPad these days - I’m glad the Apple people talked me into this! I’ll be having a laundry room next to the living room in my co-op. I’m hoping it will be quiet enough to watch TV OK - there is a door to close at least. Right now my laundry is on the floor below mine. It’s hard to hear if it’s done most times. I’m glad you’re getting rain even though it’s a lot! Have you ever had snow down there at your house? I’ve never even heard of the Lenovo brand in computers . Wow, the Badwater Ultra is very extreme! Even in my best old days, I think I couldn’t bike 135 miles!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-26-23, 06:28 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has just melted away. This morning, I did a pick up at Wegmans. It was scheduled for last night, but they didn't have anyone to fill the order, so it got done later than I wanted to go. This afternoon, I did computer stuff and worked on cards some. And I did some cooking.

I had forgotten this theme, but when I found it, I laughed and laughed and then said, "That would make a good VF theme!"

My Lenovo laptop is 14 inches and the screen is detachable to use as a tablet. I've never done that once, even though I thought it was neat when I got it. I do too much typing and always want the keyboard. It does have a responsive screen, which I have enjoyed and use a lot. That means I can touch the screen to do things. I like the size - big enough to see lots of detail, perfect size for my lap, and light enough to carry around the house to where I want to work. I think it's South Korean? Not sure.

Anita - I kept some of my professional books, but they were the kind that had examples of exercises and programs that I might develop. I need to go through them again and cut down on them again. I got rid of a lot before we moved and I went through them again a couple of years ago.

Vantreesta - Well, it sounds like you are living in the right part of the country! It sounds like you need to solve the sleep issue. My husband has much the same issue. He used to be an early morning person when we lived in DC and he had an hour commute. Now, he's a night owl. I'm the middle-of-the-day person who's just trying to keep up with the changing lifestyle.

Paula - That's bad when you can't watch TV because you have laundry going! I can see why you prefer the garage now. When they first retired 23 years ago, Dad served as interim pastor for a small church here and they ended up calling him as their permanent pastor. He did that for several years. Plus, they went on lots of cruises where Dad served as chaplain and they really enjoyed doing that (along with seeing the places they went). Plus, Dad was the chaplain at a shipping company, a part-time job, after he was at the church. So, he did several things. At the age of 83 now, I think he's glad to be done with all that. He's busy enough caring for Mom and doing things around the house.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-23, 09:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 13 Cardio Toning followed by Sarah Starr Morning Refresh.

This was the nicest day we've had in a while. DH went flying with a friend and I putzed around the house. Got some cleaning done and cooking done.

Anita, Thanks for getting us started and thanks to Laura for another goot theme. Also glad things have warmed up a little bit where you are. We had a desktop years ago but switched to laptops years ago, more versitile. My old laundry space in our other place had a folding door that closed off the laundry area, it didn't do much to curb the noise. Hope yours is better insulatated. Finding those coupons to Panera bread was a find. I used to love their black bean soup and went there alot. They discontinued the soup and DH's favorite sandwich and we just quit going there. Haven't been in a Panera Bread in a long time.

Laura, good theme - and so true. I wanted to watch the Badwater Ultra - I would even consider running in it - I've never even run a 5K. Your Lenovo sounds similar to the Dell we just ordered. 14", touch screen, the top doesn't disconnect from the keyboard but the screen flips over and lies flat against the bottom so you can use it like a tablet. We'll probably never use that feature.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-23, 09:13 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is an icy rainy day, so not planning on going out and sliding around out there. I’m working on a project to go through all of my photos in albums and selecting ones I want to go electronic for an e-picture frame. I like the ones I gathered for one frame that came off my computer and now I want to get some out of old family albums - found a company I can send the photos to and get back a memory stick as well as getting an iCloud access to the pictures. I might be pretty close to having a full stick on my first frame so maybe I’ll get a second one. They supposedly correct some fading in the pictures also. My dining room table is a bit heaped up right now . It’s a good project for a rain day. I’ll be playing Carcassonne tonight.
Old 02-27-23, 09:15 AM  
sciencelady

Laura, A lot of my professional books were out of date, so I got rid of them and didn’t buy current ones. For my last job, work bought many of my books so I left those when I retired. My previous job - those books were pretty outdated now - many I left when leaving that job and I got rid of the rest. I’ve just kept 1 book relating to veterinary toxicology! (Even though it’s outdated). I’m working on weaning myself off some OTC sleep aids - luckily I don’t have a job I need to get up for every day. My neighbor renter is a night owl - lights are on at his place till 4 am - no idea how late he sleeps, but that’s not very functional to me. I’m fairly normal on trying to sleep from 10 pm to 7 am. Cool that your dad had some nice retirement jobs!
Old 02-27-23, 09:18 AM  
sciencelady

Paula, I’m still mentally in the desktop mode when working on my iPad at my old desk - rarely do I take the pad elsewhere, but I’m looking forward to spring when I can use my iPad from the porch. I didn’t do Panera yesterday, but hope to add it in when I walk with my friends this week. Hopefully you’ll do the Badwater Ultra in your dreams!

Waves to all!

Anita

ETA having problems with 500 errors… Argh!
Old 02-27-23, 11:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a yin yoga with Travis Eliot and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Today is our anniversary #52 so we went to out favorite sort of upscale restaurant for lunch in the Dana Point Marina, did a short walk in the marina afterward but is was too cold and windy for more. Came home and treated ourselves to some crumb cake I made this morning.

Anita, guess we’re both working on pictures. I’m organizing and making a backup copy of all the pictures we have on the computer we’re getting rid of. Turns out we have a huge number of pictures stored on that computer. It’s taking me many hours to plow through them. It is something I should have done before this. Good luck with your project.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 08:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a walk, hopefully. The freezing rain has left ice on the sidewalks and parking lots - I’m hoping that will melt away as temps get above freezing today. Otherwise, still working on photos in my albums - it’s been hard to physically remove them without tearing photo album pages. Sigh. I did decide to join a gym for a twelve week weight training program for beginners. I’m hoping to get back in it and with professional guidance so I don’t injure myself just going back to what I used to do. I need to figure out what this body can do nowadays - I’m sure it won’t be enviable…. Yesterday, I did have problems with my credit card paying for this course and then I couldn’t get into my bank account online, so I’ll be stopping by the bank and seeing what’s up.

Paula, Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 52 years! I did the photo project on my old computer about two weeks before it got shut down by Apple - I’m glad I retrieved those pictures and I now have them on a e-photo frame that I like. It reminds me of all parts of my life, unlike the photos that just sat on my computer for years. Now I’m working on the really old pics from my child photo albums - lots of those pictures aren’t of very good quality so lots get skipped. I might have to get another e-photo frame for these pictures - I think my other is getting pretty full.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 02-28-23, 04:27 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't know what happened last night. I started typing in a message and never finished it. Today, I put a load of laundry in the washer and didn't start it. I think my brain is missing!

Today is a beautiful day, sunny and warm. Polly is enjoying being outside today. I cooked lettuce wraps for DH for lunch and am doing a couple of loads of laundry. And in a while, I have a Zoom call with a friend from college and she's going to show me her vacation pictures from her safari in Africa.

Anita - Working on pictures takes so much more time than it seems like it should take. Good luck with the really old ones.

Paula - Happy anniversary a day late. #52 is worth celebrating. It sounds likeyou had a nice day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote