Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-23, 07:50 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Day 26 FB DB Complexes. Another good one. Actually very zen since it's repetitive. Thumbs up.
Followed by Yoga with Tim Beginners Meditation Day 3. Tim can be goofy and makes me smile.
Old 01-24-23, 03:23 PM  
Erica H.

Today's workout was Daniel PT's 40 min LOWER BODY DROP SET Dumbbell workout + ABS. Good workout but I'll probably just do it one more time and then be done with it. I didn't want to do abs so I either did more lower body reps or substituted a different move.

Has anyone done workouts by nourishmovelove on youtube? They have workouts that might be metcon and I am thinking of trying some but was wondering if anyone had thoughts/opinions on their workouts first.

buffmama - I feel the same way about CG's complexes - very zen!

Angela - nice job! Hope all is going well for you this week.

DH just left for a work trip. It's a stupid trip with way more time driving than actually being there. He is going for a meeting that easily could have been done over the phone or by zoom or whatever. I'm going to be worried about him coming and going with the bad weather.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 06:22 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- M. Briehler- Full Body Metcon Workout. Another great metcon workout from Michelle. She uses gliders for a few moves at the end and phew, that's an area where I could use work. I don't use gliders much and I REALLY feel my abs when I do.

Erica- I've never done anything from nourishmovelove. I haven't even looked at their YT page. I'll have to preview some of their workouts. Try not to worry about your dh on his work trip. Travel might take longer in bad weather, but I'm sure he'll be okay.

buffmama- That CG workout has you working for 10 minutes straight! I'm sure it would be very zen, but I don't know if my grip strength could hold out for 10 minutes. I often have to wiggle my fingers and stretch my hands between strength sets as is.

Angela- Good on you with the Hero rotation!
Old 01-25-23, 05:00 AM  
gigi

I was going to do cardio but was so unmotivated. I decided to do Hero Day 3. It was a bit harder but his workouts are doable. I'm looking at them like a more fun, bit harder, bit longer, more creative version of Lift with Cee 20 minute program. I'm not wiped out like with CG. I think these can have the cumulative effect and benefits without feeling so depleted. I haven't previewed the rest but it sounds like he plans to get progressively more difficult with the Hero series. I loved day 3. It was Total Body. He is funny and creative and is really motivating me with my morning workouts.
Old 01-25-23, 09:50 AM  
Erica H.

Today was Day 13 back/biceps of Chris and Edi's build program. I know Wendy did this the other day. I liked it a lot. I've been very happy with their upper body workouts because I can lift heavy. Of course, dd is appalled that there is so little rest time in my workouts but it works for me. She lifts heavy with long rests between sets.

Wendy - are your abs sore today? I checked out that workout and that slider work looked tough! I think Amy Bento Ross used them for abs at the end of All Pump Extreme and I definitely had a love/hate feeling towards those moves!

Angela - I'm so glad you found a workout schedule that works for you and videos that you are enjoying!

Snowing hard here. I don't know how to work the snow blower and DH is gone so I may have to shovel.

Erica
Old 01-25-23, 07:14 PM  
wendug

Today's workout was shoveling snow. We didn't get a lot of snow, but what we did get was the wet heavy stuff. After shoveling I did some stretching and called it a day.

Erica- Yes, my abs were a little sore from Michelle's glider ab work. Not too bad since it was only a few moves. Glad you liked Chris & Edi's back and bicep workout. I think I liked this one where he is solo better than their earlier back & bicep workout.

I found someone new on YT that has quite a few metcon workouts- Silas Hesterberg- Future Proof. From what I've previewed, his stuff looks good.
Old 01-26-23, 09:01 AM  
buffmama

Another kk Power workout today followed by MrandMrsMuscle FB DB workout and Yoga with Tim Beginners Meditation Day 5.

kk was only 26 min strength work followed by 3 tabatas. My body was craving cardio so it worked but for more strength work I did MrandMrsMuscle. I prefer more strength work and some mat work from kk since she really does keep the heart rate up. I can look into the older workouts.

slider workouts - I love them!

Wendy - Silas' strength workouts seem uncomplicated the way Cee's were. He focuses on large muscles which I like, so I may have to try them, although I will likely pass on the metcon - is it strength? cardio? some times it won't really seem like either although it certainly has a place in training. When I'm not doing so much pilates I can try those.
Old 01-26-23, 12:17 PM  
Erica H.

I tried a few nourishmovelove workouts today - Fall Challenge Day 1: 35-Minute Legs and Glutes (liked this one a lot) and part of Fall Challenge Day 11: 25-Minute Lower Body Supersets (liked it but not as much as Day 1). I'm definitely going to try some of their other workouts. I think the ones I did today would be considered metcon?

I saw that Daniel PT posted a new upper body workout - that one looks really good and I'm looking forward to doing that one soon.

Erica
Old 01-26-23, 06:24 PM  
wendug

I said I would do a Chris & Edi lower body workout from their Build series so I did 40 Min. Glutes & Hamstrings- Day 4. It was just okay. So many other better lower body workouts out there. But I tried.

Erica- That Nourish Move Love Fall workout day 1 looks really good! I love combining dumbbells & loop bands for maximum effect!

buffmama- When you do KK workouts, do you stick with one set of weights as she does? I've previewed some of her workouts and think she's too light on some moves and too heavy on others. And I want to love slider workouts. I just need to practice them more.
Old 01-26-23, 07:00 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, what didn't you like about the Chris/Edi lower body workout? I don't know if I'm going to try them or not and am interested in your thoughts. I have way more new upper body workouts to try than lower body but would much rather do an older one that I like than a newer one that is just so-so.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts