Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-08-23, 05:36 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2 Day 20 Booty Builder- I had to use 2 weights for some of the single weight moves in this workout since I don't have anything heavier than 35. For example, he introduces curtsy lunges and uses 1 dumbbell in the goblet position. I've done curtsy lunges for quite some time with Caroline, Daniel, and Chris & Edi and I'm used to them and can go heavy. But I understand if the move is new to someone they would want to start lighter.

I added on M. Briehler's 10 Min. Booty Burn with the Mini Band. And it was definitely a booty burner after Jasper's workout!

Angela- Yes, that low Copenhagen plank is quite hard! It's smart to try to work ahead a bit for your classes so you can enjoy your vacation! I've seen several posts about Cathe's STS 2 and people seem to enjoy it. I have no idea what I'm going to do after Hero 2. I should probably think about that!
Old 06-08-23, 08:29 PM  
gigi

I did STS 2 Lower Body 1 instead of Jasper's workout today. I absolutely loved it. It is straight up weight lifting. My heart rate went up and the rest was needed. I love Jasper's workouts but my legs need more work. His workouts are tough but I feel the lower body uses moves that don't allow me to work my legs like I want to. For example, that Copenhagen plank is super tough but I don't feel like it is effective for me in working my lower body because I cannot do it. I will most likely finish out Hero II with Cathe's lower body workouts from STS 2. I like that STS 2 is not as serious as the original STS. It has been a long time since I have really liked a Cathe workout.
Old 06-09-23, 07:12 AM  
buffmama

I took a break last night from my pull ups and push ups. Amazingly I was back at it this morning - begrudgingly. And I did Caroline Girvan's Epic Heat Day 5 Burpee Bonanza. More upper body work tomorrow?! For lower body I sometimes do additional work via pilates on Jasper's upper body day and I recently added in banded BW squats to work on form for my Murph challenge.
Old 06-09-23, 02:38 PM  
gigi

I am SORE from yesterday's workout. I just finished Get Fit with Rick 20 minute Ladder Interval and did a 7 minute stretch of his. Lots of weekend plans. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Old 06-10-23, 06:44 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 13 Upper Body. Maybe I should just do push ups and pull ups for his back and chest exercises instead of doing both! (coach buff boy says no)
Old 06-10-23, 05:25 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Christa DiPaolo- Boxing & Bubbles- 30 Minute Full body Knock-out. I added on her 5 min warm-up & 5 min. cool down. I didn't know Christa had her own channel! I've done a couple of her workouts when she was on PopSugar, but there are SO MANY ADS that I refuse to do anymore of their workouts. But I discovered her channel and this workout was fantastic. She puts great combos together that are fun!
Old 06-11-23, 09:35 AM  
buffmama

Hero 2 Day 14 Lower Body. Elevated side plank dips, oh my.
Old 06-11-23, 05:24 PM  
wendug

Jasper- Hero 2- Day 21- Upper Body. I don't know if I like starting with an AMRAP. I like a bit more of a warm up before doing something like this. I added on MadFit- 15 Minute Upper Body Workout. Just 5 moves completed for 2 rounds. I went lighter than with my Jasper workout and did it more as a burnout for my muscles.
Old 06-11-23, 08:49 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Hero 2 Day 13 Upper Body. Maybe I should just do push ups and pull ups for his back and chest exercises instead of doing both! (coach buff boy says no)
Your workouts suit your name buffmama!
Old 06-11-23, 09:05 PM  
gigi

So, I am totally digressing from Jasper's workouts. I will need his workouts during the school year.

Friday I had little time so I did Get Fit with Rick 20 Minute Interval Ladder and his 7 minute stretch. I was out all night Friday at a "glamper" with friends and have still not recovered...LOL! I had dinner at my sister's house Saturday. I finished tonight's workout late. I did STS 2 Total Body Giant Sets.
There are 3 rounds of 10 exercises which consists of squats, bench press, shoulder press, alternating rear lunges, deadlifts, bent over rows, side to side lunges, bicep curls, lying tricep extensions, hip thrusts for 10 reps. She moves pretty quickly from exercise to exercise. I had to stop and take a few deep breaths.
There is a 2 minute rest before doing the same exercises but either unilaterally or one side at a time so squats became elevated lunges, alternating single arm chest press, alternating single arm overhead press, rear lunges one side at a time, single leg deadlifts, kneeling one arm rows, single leg side lunges one side at a time, single arm bicep curls, alternating tricep extentions, single hip thrusts (each is for 10 reps each side).

There is a 2 minute rest then 8 reps like the first round of 10 exercises.

My heart rate stayed up but it is still a slower pace and as heavy as safely possible. I really liked it and felt totally worked.

I plan to do the other two total body workouts this week form STS 2. It looks like she varies the exercises so different parts and angles of the body are being worked.

One of the things I really like about Jasper's workouts is that he works the back effectively. I can look in the mirror and see that I lost some back fat. I will need shorter workouts when the school year starts so he will most likely be my go to again.

I hope you all have a terrific week!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts