Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-16, 02:17 PM  
slockhart

Ilaria/Body Strike/Power Strike

Hi! I'm looking into these workouts as I need something new in kickboxing. Who is familiar with her stuff and what is your favorite of her kickboxing workouts?
TIA
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 02:19 PM  
bubbles76

I would do a thread or tag search on Ilaria or Powerstrike or Bodystrike. You'll get tons of reviews. Most people rate her stuff intermediate and she provides good form pointers. I haven't done all of her workouts yet, but I own everything that's been released on dvd.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 03:50 PM  
Calistro

I think I have most of Ilaria's stuff. I have not done any of the bodystrikes, atletica's or sword ones yet, but I have tried all the powerstrikes that I have purchased.

My favorites are Powerstrike 6, Powerstrike 5 and Powerstrike 3. In that order.

I have also completed powerstrikes 1 and 2 which I have found to be more intense than the above. I have viewed Powerstrike 7 once and traded it as I was not keen on the music or speed, but I may try it again in the future.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 04:26 PM  
bubbles76

Whoops, I don't have the sword stuff . I think my favorite of hers is Powerstrike 5 for kickboxing. I haven't tried all the Atleticas or all of the Bodystrikes to say which is my favorite in those categories.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 06:37 PM  
LoveVA

I have 3 Powerstrikes. I like Vol 6 the most, followed by 7 and then 5. Volume 7 took awhile to grow on me. The camera work is shoddy and the set is dull. Once I got past that, I realized that I really do like the workout itself. I feel like I'm working harder in 7 than 6.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 07:07 PM  
isebelleg44

I have three Power Strikes, 4,5 & 6. 6 is my favorite by far and the one that gets repeat usage from me. I also have Body Strikes 2, but don't reach for it much.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 08:33 PM  
smilesolovely

Love Ilaria! She, Patricia Moreno and Guillermo Gomez are my favorites if you want to master your form.

My favorites of hers are PS 6,5,4 and Bodystrikes 2. I haven't tried her Athletica stuff.
Old 05-22-16, 09:35 PM  
bfit

One thing to keep in mind . . . the Power Strike workouts are more cardio oriented, and the Body Strike ones are more toning focused.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-16, 11:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilesolovely View Post
My favorites of hers are PS 6,5,4 and Bodystrikes 2. I haven't tried her Athletica stuff.
So your favorite is the one I don't have! I've tried Bodystrikes 1 and I loved it! I still haven't try Bodystrikes 3, but it looked fun on preview. I don't have her other workouts.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-16, 08:11 AM  
smilesolovely

If you like Bodystrikes 1, you'll love #2!

Tags
bodystrike, ilaria, ilaria montagnani, powerstrike