Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-10-14, 10:10 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Question Bodystrikes Volume 3

Hi!

I was checking for reviews on this workout, but didn't find any here on Amazon some people complained about audio issues?

For people who have it, do you like it? Is it a great cardio workout? Has it a fun factor? If you don't like it I would like to know also. I don't have any of Ilaria workouts so any input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 10:31 PM  
kristieschultz1

I have a couple of her workouts, I think the first body strikes and a power strike and athleta and the chest and abs one. She is very very fit, very physically inspiring to me and her kickbox workouts are very good for cardio. However, I am sure in person that her workouts are fun but on video I just find them kind of boring, but I keep them and do them sometimes because they are good.
kristieschultz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 10:37 PM  
dela

Bodystrikes 1 is awesome, I also love the Powerstrikes, but for years the idea of lower body only cardio just didn't appeal, then something made me think I might like it now, and I got lucky and traded for it to give it a shot, and I absolutely love it.

It's low impact, very sweaty, and the time just flies, and I love using so many kicks in a workout, they feel so much more fun than squats and lunges, don't get me wrong, there are squats and lunges, but she mixes them all in so nothing feels like overkill.

I went ahead and bought #2, but have not had a chance to try it , but probably will not get 3 because I did not like any of the other dvds I tried from her last batch. I have a hard time dealing with that dark set and the matching outfits, plus she seemed a little more dry or something, and it's just not the Ilaria I know and love .
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 11:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Kristie & Dela, thank you both for the feedback!

I was considering Vol. 3 as 1 and 2 are considered "toning" and vol 3 as "cardio & toning" per description on totalfitness. I don't have any just kicking cardio, so it is hard to say if I'm going to love it.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 09-11-14, 01:20 AM  
starbelly

All of the Bodystrikes are cardio and toning; I don't know why they wouldn't be labeled the same. While #3 is certainly a higher level of difficulty, I just couldn't get into it. I love 1 and 2, but 3 was blah for me. She filmed 1 and 2 in the Equinox studio so you can see outside and there is natural light (important for me since I live in an area with limited natural light much of the year); #3 was filmed in what looks like a brick basement. The set feels crowded and since she filmed 5 videos in a week, the normal level of enthusiasm in her teaching is not there. I bought 3 of the videos from the last set (BS3, PS7 and Atletica 4) and have not done any of them more than twice.

Just a side note-- there is a lot of TIFTing in all of the BS videos. She typically teaches a segment, practices the moves and then adds it to the previous segment. At the end you do all of the segments combined 6 or 7 times. If that sort of choreography isn't your style, you might not want these videos.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-14, 03:00 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Starbelly, thanks alot for your input, it is very helpful. I also read on totalfitness someone liked the setting on 1 and 2 better with the natural light . I thought the 3 was more cardio oriented, but if they are all the same, it is good to know. I thought it was a hit as they are all 5 starts on the site... Ummmm... I'll take a look to the other volumes again.

Thanks again everyone.

Tags
bodystrikes 3, bodystrikes volume 3, ilaria montagnani