Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-19-22, 02:33 PM  
gigi

Wow buffmama, it sounds like you have found a practice that is really helpful to you. I find it hard to be still but Sunday morning I got up early, turned on my Christmas lights, read my Bible, and prayed with tears. Then I just sat for a while. I wrote some things down about how I feel since losing my mom. I need to make time for this more often. I'm going to check out that low impact CG workout.

Since on break, I'm sleeping less at night. I took a long nap today then did Cathe Live #340 Double Trouble. I'm trying to use break to get my body back in the groove of working out 5 to 6 times a week. In my opinion, Cathe did some of her best lives when she was alone. I would not wish that on her again, though. I can't imagine how hard that may have been to show up and film Cathe Lives without her friends. Anyway, Double Trouble for me was tough. I used the same weight Cathe used and took extra breaks to catch my breath.

Hi Erica and Wendy! Tonight, I'm hanging out with my nephews. One is home after a year in Korea. All 4 nephews will be home for Christmas. I hope your Monday is going well!
Old 12-19-22, 06:45 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- KCM- CardioFit workout 1 + hi/lo portion from workout 2. Every time I do a Kelly workout I have a blast and think she really is the best instructor for boxing/kickboxing.

I made the 2 batches of cookies today that I previously made dough for. I also went to the store to pick up supplies I need for more cookies. I make so many over the holidays because it usually puts me in the Christmas spirit. It's not really working this year, though, and I'm sure it is because of the loss of my brother. He was the one who brought all the Christmas goodies over to my folks house so I'm trying to fill that gap. Plus, we're supposed to get snow and wind with blizzard conditions on Christmas Eve so I think our planned travel will be delayed because of weather.

Angela- Have fun hanging out with your nephews!

Erica- I've never heard of the Epley maneuver before. It appears you can try it at home or have a practitioner help you with it. You could give it a try, maybe after the holidays and see if it might help you.
Old 12-19-22, 07:10 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

Erica- That's nice that you are doing meal planning for your family. I know when I go to visit my parents I'll have to grocery shop and cook while I'm there. My mom loathes to cook and when she does she is not very good at it. So I am going through some recipes to see what I will make when I'm there. One time recently when I was visiting I needed a spice and my mom was so excited to say that she had it (I can't remember what it was). She then pulled out a dated McCormick's spice can that had to have been from the 1970s! She didn't realize that spices do indeed expire.
I hate cooking too and it's really stressful for me to plan/shop for everyone when they are home. My sons are big big eaters and one is vegan and the others are bodybuilders who like lots of meat. And everyone has different preferences. It's just so hard to find meals that please everyone. When it's just me and DH home, I just have cereal or eggs for dinner. We started doing family vacations at all-inclusive resorts about 8 years ago and that was the best idea ever. We can all relax together and everyone has plenty of food that they like and I don't ever have to think about food. It's heaven. My MIL is the same way with spices. DH is too in a way - he is so bad about tossing old stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Sunday morning I got up early, turned on my Christmas lights, read my Bible, and prayed with tears. Then I just sat for a while. I wrote some things down about how I feel since losing my mom.

Hi Erica and Wendy! Tonight, I'm hanging out with my nephews.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your nephews. I'm so sorry about the grief you are experiencing and wish I could help with the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Today's workout- KCM- CardioFit workout 1 + hi/lo portion from workout 2. Every time I do a Kelly workout I have a blast and think she really is the best instructor for boxing/kickboxing.

I made the 2 batches of cookies today that I previously made dough for. I also went to the store to pick up supplies I need for more cookies. I make so many over the holidays because it usually puts me in the Christmas spirit. It's not really working this year, though, and I'm sure it is because of the loss of my brother. He was the one who brought all the Christmas goodies over to my folks house so I'm trying to fill that gap. Plus, we're supposed to get snow and wind with blizzard conditions on Christmas Eve so I think our planned travel will be delayed because of weather.
I think Kelly really shines in her boxing workouts too. I find her very motivating to work harder. Just like I told Angela, I'm so sorry for your loss and wish I could do something to help. Those first holidays after losing someone you love are so hard. And now the weather is going to make things even more difficult for you and your parents.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 07:16 PM  
Erica H.

Today was the same workout I did on Saturday: most of Tiff/Dan Day 25: 30 Min HIGH VOLUME Glutes and Hamstrings | 6 Week Shred II and added on Caroline's 20 Min TOTAL QUADS WORKOUT.

I am really stressed about the storm coming. They are saying brutal blizzard conditions (like Wendy is having) and predicting widespread power outages. We have well water, which means no running water if the power goes out - no toilets, showers, etc. I don't know what to do about my kids coming home...do I tell them not to come? I can't imagine having 5-7 of us here with no toilets. And, of course, it will be bitter cold. My refrigerated food will be fine since I can put it outside in the cold if our power goes out but I don't know about all of my frozen stuff - and we just bought a chest freezer so we could stock more food at home with the kids coming home. Gosh, it's always something.

buffmama - I hope the meditation helped. I hate that it brought you to tears but I know that can be therapeutic.

Erica
Old 12-20-22, 11:41 AM  
buffmama

Pilates with Exercise Band , Tiff x Dan 1 Hour Full Body Low Impact HIIT , pilates stretch, meditation.
Tiff x Dan was a good one, even if not ideal. Total body got the heart rate up, time flew, maybe more legs and less bis/tris would be better, but good overall.

My mat seems to be the place I find the most peace so I try to tap into that as much as possible. I've had plenty of time the past few years to figure out some things that work + some that don't.

Erica - If you ever need tried + true vegan ideas that are easy and filling I'm your gal. . I hope your family finds a way to be together that seems to make sense wthout increasing your stress. And that you're feeling better.

Angela + Wendy - I hope being around loved ones eases the loss you are both feeling.
Old 12-20-22, 08:14 PM  
gigi

Erica, I'm so sorry about the stress of this storm. I wouldn't know what to do either. It is going to get in the teens on Christmas Eve and Christmas day which is unusually cold for us this time of year. Is there anyway, they can come after the storm for a late Christmas celebration? I know there are probably work schedules to deal with. I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you buffmama!

Wendy, I tried to make cookies for my nephews and threw them out. I'm out of practice.

I found a fitness_kaykay workout that I can do. I did 45 Min Step Cardio/Cardio X HiiT. It was great and I worked up quite the sweat. The only moves that I modified were planks or burpee type moves. I have company coming and a lot of plans so I hope I can keep up a few workouts next week.

In January, I'm thinking about waking up at 4 to get my workout done. I want to workout at least 5 times a week. That means I will go to bed at 8. I want to give it a try for 30 days to see if it is a habit I can make. That is what I did when I lost weight the first time. I got up and went to the gym at 4.
Old 12-20-22, 08:56 PM  
Erica H.

I did upper body on my own this morning and kept thinking how silly it was to do that now when we're expecting a power outage soon. I really wanted to use my 45 pound dumbbell more than I have with the youtube workouts. It was a great workout but I probably should be using youtube workouts now while I still can.

Angela - glad you had a good workout. Getting up at 4 sounds hard with your job but I guess it would work as long as you can get to sleep early. I guess you could try it and see how you feel.

I suggested to my two sons coming home tomorrow that they wait until the storm is over but they are really excited about being home. I didn't feel comfortable telling them no when it's possible we won't lose power. They'd be all alone in their respective places and their power could go out (but they'd still have water). I'd feel terrible if that happened. So they are coming home and I'm hoping for the best. I just hate the uncertainty. And, of course, I have all the meals planned, food is bought, etc. Ugh. My other son and his gf are coming after the storm - they are at his gf's home now.

Hi to Wendy. I'm sorry about the storm affecting your plans too. What a mess.

buffmama - thanks for the support and the offer for vegan recipes.

Erica
Old 12-21-22, 08:37 AM  
buffmama

Today was MrandMrsMuscle 6 min Perky Butt and growinganannas 20 min HIIT.

Waves.
Old 12-21-22, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Well I missed my workout yesterday as I was baking more cookies and running around trying to get everything done before the storm hits. Today I put together all my goodie boxes and delivered them and made one last grocery run before the storm. The store was a madhouse! But I don't need to go anywhere the next 2 days so the storm can do what it will.

Today's workout- Caroline Girvan Iron Series Leg Workout Day 1. I just wanted slow and heavy for the legs today and it's been a while since I've done any Iron Series- it's so good! I added on more leg stretching as my legs were worked hard.

Erica- I hope your sons were able to make it home okay! And I hope you are able to keep your power. The news has warned there might be power outages here, too.

Angela- It's been a while since I've thrown out cookies. I have made some dinners that ended up in the trash, though.

Buffmama- Glad you figured out you love to be on the mat. I learned long ago which workouts bring me joy and try to fit them in whenever I can.
And I want to try the perky butt workout on the name alone. Lol!
Old 12-22-22, 08:06 PM  
wendug

So much for staying in during the bad weather. I had to go walk a client's dogs late this afternoon. Although she doesn't live far away, traffic was awful with the snow and the temperature was dropping quickly. The client had left out sweaters for her dogs and I bundled them up, got their leashes, and took them out. Within about 3 minutes it was evident that the little dog, a shihtzu less than 5 pounds, could not handle the cold. She kept lifting her paws out of the snow and was shivering. So I picked her up and took her back inside. Now the shepherd, he was so excited to go out in the snow, so I left again for a walk with only the shepherd. He was having a great time sniffing and marking every bush in the condo complex while I had snow blowing at me sideways. It had to be in the single digits with wind chill at the time. We made two loops around the complex and then the shepherd was lifting his paws like it was too cold for him. Yay! Time to go back inside and I can make the drive home. The drive back was worse...too many cars on the road in bad conditions. Some were driving 10 mph with their hazards on, while others are barreling down the road like they are invincible. I'm happy to be home and the temp keeps dropping further. Be safe out there if you're out in crazy weather. So, basically, this adventure was my workout today.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts