Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-23-22, 05:32 PM  
wendug

Caroline Girvan- Giant Killer Upper Body Workout
I really liked this workout. And, I was able to lift 25 pound dumbbells for the shoulder press. Woo-hoo!
Old 07-24-22, 05:08 PM  
wendug

Eleni Fit- 40 Minute Cardio HIIT
I liked this workout, but I wouldn't call it HIIT. None of the moves were especially intense and I didn't take breaks. I just continued with the move while previewing the next and started up when she did. To me it was more of a LISS workout.
Old 07-26-22, 06:39 PM  
wendug

Yesterday was a yardwork day, so today I wanted to do some weight work. I decided on Caroline Girvan's Iron Series Day 6- Quads. I remember doing this workout before and thinking it was an awesome leg workout. Yes, it still is. My legs were shaking by the end of the workout, so I did some extra leg stretching after the cool down.
Old 07-27-22, 05:04 PM  
wendug

My legs are sore from yesterday's workout and I didn't sleep much last night, so today I wanted something gentle. I did Barlates Stretch Sculpting Fusion, which was quite nice. Some stretching, but at a pace that I broke a little sweat. I'm hit or miss with Barlates workouts, and this one is a hit!
Old 07-28-22, 05:10 PM  
wendug

DC Fitt- 40 minute cardio kickboxing w/weights
Loved this workout. Low impact and you use 3 pound hand weights. Those weights really up the intensity!
Old 07-28-22, 05:18 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
DC Fitt- 40 minute cardio kickboxing w/weights
Loved this workout. Low impact and you use 3 pound hand weights. Those weights really up the intensity!
Just wanted to let you know I'm reading your check-ins and getting new ideas so thank you!

ETA - I love Caroline Girvan and have been doing her workouts for almost two years!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 07:31 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Just wanted to let you know I'm reading your check-ins and getting new ideas so thank you!

ETA - I love Caroline Girvan and have been doing her workouts for almost two years!

Erica
Erica- Thanks for letting me know you've been reading. It feels a little silly to be the only one posting here now. I don't know when Angela will be back and was thinking I might join another check-in for August.

I hope some of the workouts I've done from YT look interesting to you. I'm still a newbie to Caroline's workouts. I was SO INTIMIDATED to do her workouts, but I've become much stronger this year.
Old 07-28-22, 08:07 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Erica- Thanks for letting me know you've been reading. It feels a little silly to be the only one posting here now. I don't know when Angela will be back and was thinking I might join another check-in for August.

I hope some of the workouts I've done from YT look interesting to you. I'm still a newbie to Caroline's workouts. I was SO INTIMIDATED to do her workouts, but I've become much stronger this year.
Well, if you continue posting, I'll definitely be reading. I've been enjoying seeing what you've done and what you thought about the workouts. But I understand if you don't want to.

It feels so good to make progress and feel stronger! Keep up the great work!

I've been doing youtube workouts exclusively for almost two years now and haven't touched my DVDs. It's amazing how much fantastic content there is for free!

Erica
Old 07-30-22, 05:17 PM  
wendug

Today is my first try of a Tiff & Dan workout. I did:
5 minute warm-up- I didn't like this. Do not start the warm up with jumping jacks. Let me ease into high impact. Not enough mobility moves to get the body warmed up to lift weights. I added some additional moves to be sure I was ready to lift.

Build & Burn Full Body Workout with Dumbbells- Although I did a quick preview of this workout, I did not realize how much ab work there is in this workout. I could probably use it as I normally just do kickboxing workouts and call that my ab-work. I used mainly my 25s in this workout, but dropped to 20s & 15s for some arm moves. I was able to use my 25s for chest flyes (or is it flies?)! Yay!
Old 07-30-22, 05:43 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Today is my first try of a Tiff & Dan workout. I did:
5 minute warm-up- I didn't like this. Do not start the warm up with jumping jacks. Let me ease into high impact. Not enough mobility moves to get the body warmed up to lift weights. I added some additional moves to be sure I was ready to lift.

Build & Burn Full Body Workout with Dumbbells- Although I did a quick preview of this workout, I did not realize how much ab work there is in this workout. I could probably use it as I normally just do kickboxing workouts and call that my ab-work. I used mainly my 25s in this workout, but dropped to 20s & 15s for some arm moves. I was able to use my 25s for chest flyes (or is it flies?)! Yay!
I do the same thing about ab work. I used to work them separately but now I just use my heavy bag or kickboxing and call it ab work. I also find that doing chin/pull ups really works my abs (well, now I only do negatives because I've gained weight and can't do real ones anymore. ).

I've done a few Tiff and Dan strength workouts and liked them a lot. There's a 27 minute chest/back one I do regularly and also I like some of their lower body ones (so similar to Caroline!).

I always get mixed up on whether it's flies or flyes too.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts