Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-23, 10:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

found a set of 8 pound dumbbells for $3 each!

no luck on dvds anywhere I've looked this trip.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-23, 11:11 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
found a set of 8 pound dumbbells for $3 each!

no luck on dvds anywhere I've looked this trip.
Nice! That’s a good price, they price them high at my Goodwill.
Old 10-24-23, 03:19 PM  
Karla25

I hate to admit it, but I almost forgot to look at the 99 cent DVDs today because there was a $2 sale on all clothing.

I found some cute things and it was only after (gasp!) paying for my clothes that I remembered the DVDs. Egads! I am getting old and a bit dotty.

I went back (toting my bag of clothes) and discovered two Gilad's. I snapped them up like there was no tomorrow.

I got Gilad: Waikiki Beach and the 60 and 30 Minute Low Impact Workout DVD. I couldn't find any VF reviews so it's a bit of a mystery what they're about
Old 10-24-23, 06:57 PM  
Leonana

Great finds! I’ve never seen Gilad at the thrift store.
Old 10-25-23, 05:25 PM  
laurajhawk

Hey, I’ve used Waikiki Beach this week. It’s part of his Bodies in Motion series, three 22-minute workouts each with warmup, light cardio, bodyweight toning, and cooldown. His mom is one of the backgrounders on this one, and he pulls in some random people from the beach, which is fun. I love these for light days.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 05:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I got Gilad: Waikiki Beach and the 60 and 30 Minute Low Impact Workout DVD. I couldn't find any VF reviews so it's a bit of a mystery what they're about
Regarding the 30 and 60 min workouts on 1 DVD, they're low impact.

i believe the 30 minute one is the Beginner's workout and there's a VF review here:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=903

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-23, 10:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dumbbells and Gilads.???

I need to go back to my thrift stores!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-23, 03:03 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Great finds! I’ve never seen Gilad at the thrift store.
I rarely find them. I think I've found maybe 4 or 5 (including these) over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Hey, I’ve used Waikiki Beach this week. It’s part of his Bodies in Motion series, three 22-minute workouts each with warmup, light cardio, bodyweight toning, and cooldown. His mom is one of the backgrounders on this one, and he pulls in some random people from the beach, which is fun. I love these for light days.
I love it when they have their relatives with them :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Regarding the 30 and 60 min workouts on 1 DVD, they're low impact.

i believe the 30 minute one is the Beginner's workout and there's a VF review here:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=903
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dumbbells and Gilads.???

I need to go back to my thrift stores!
Amen
Old 10-26-23, 03:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

re: Gilad in thrift stores in Hawaii

We rarely get them here too, and he lives and films here!

In the past few years, i came across a few i didn't have - New Beginners Workout and Bodies in Motion Waikiki Pier.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 11-13-23, 02:22 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

got to visit a Goodwill store that is out of the way, but I always have good luck at this store for some reason.

picked up these - $2.99 each, and you buy 3 you get 1 free:
1. AM PM Yoga for Weight Loss: Suzanne Deason
2. Creative Core Abs (Acacia): Shiva Rea
3. Walk At Home - Active Adult 2-Mile Walk (red cover with Ken Cooper's photo on the top): Leslie Sansone
4. Walk On - 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts: Jessica Smith

This was the first time I had seen these titles in a thrift store. I've seen other Suzanne Deason DVDs - her balance ball workouts and her pilates. I have other Gaiam yoga workouts - lots of Rodney and Patricia Walden.

Leslie's "Active Adult" workout - There's also a 1-Mile DVD (blue cover) available on Ebay and Amazon. All I could find on VF forums was that the 2-mile uses soft weights.

Leslie also issued a compilation of the two workouts (3 miles all together) on one DVD. Leslie is alone on the cover - it's white and has "active adult" printed sideways in the right margin of the DVD label.

Edited to add:

A 2007 Collage catalog () described the "2 separate DVDs" versions:

1-mile DVD:
a. The 1 mile DVD is basic walking followed by more intense power walking
b. The last segment is 12 min of abs and core floorwork

2-mile DVD:
c. The 2 mile DVD has a basic walking segment, followed by an aero/tone segment that uses dumbbells
d. The last segment is 12 min of abs and core floorwork (same footage as "b" above from the 1-mile DVD)

A 2009 Collage catalog () described the compilation version and there are 3 distinct workouts:

a, b, and c above.

also saw:
Scott Cole Tai Chi for Weight Loss
Jessica Smith 3 DVD Super Set
Elisabeth Halfpap and Fred DeVito - couple of Exhales
Denise Austin - Get Fit Fast
Sit and Be Fit - several different titles
Chair Dancing
Piloxing
WATP Walk Strong Leslie Sansone (2006)
Power Yoga 3 DVD set- Baron Baptiste

Tags
2023 thrift store finds, thrift store finds