Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-22, 09:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and Happy Independence Day! The last couple of days have been a blur of sleeping late, walking outdoors, wildlife and of course glowing with seeing family, especially sweet little Seamus.

Saturday I met my grandniece, her partner and the baby for an early morning walk. They stayed in an AirBnB right around the corner from me, and I gave them a tour of Revolutionary War sights in the neighborhood. For a few minutes it rained and we hid in a munitions tunnel at the fort. Seamus loved that.

Sunday I had a nice yin session then DH and I enjoyed the early evening strolling around at the beach. There was plenty of migratory shorebird activity - oyster catchers, plovers, osprey, pipers and terns!

{{{Paine}}} I'm so sorry about your friend. How sad. Sending hugs your way.

Drat Sandra, that's too bad about your knee. It's really giving you a hard time.

Cyana, I missed somewhere that your DIL had an arduous journey going on. Thank goodness she is safe. What a drive! That was a fascinating video. I wonder why the hawk chick was brought to the nest? Plucked from the other nest, or perhaps it fell out?

Pam, that Gilad set sounds perfect for you. I used to enjoy Gilad's PBS show back in the day, especially the beach.

I'm sorry to have to cut short - good morning to all the Mavens!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 03:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Happy 4th of July!

Todays workouts:
~Gilad Quick Fit: Cardio Classic - I was in the mood for some retro hi/lo & this fit the bill….basic choreo, brisk pace, mostly low impact.
~Jessica’s Total Body Strength 48 - This is at the edge for me length wise at 48 min, but it was a good workout & I enjoyed it.
~Looong full body stretch & supported yin poses on my own

Pat - Sounds like you’re having a lovely time with your grandniece and family!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 03:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi friends - I'm uploading my "Block Party" practice right now:
https://youtu.be/ZTxqQbl44pA

Pat, sounds like you've been having a good time with family.

Pam, I struggle to do strength work over 40 minutes!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 07:22 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Lower body party time! A mish-mosh of rehab exercises from various sources, the Fetal Thighs segment from Winsor Buns & Thighs, segments from Margaret Richard's Good For You, and my own stretches. Earlier today I also got out for a shortish outdoor walk -- taking advantage of an unseasonably cool stretch of weather.

I wore my knee brace for most of today and it does seem to help my kneecap stay in place. I don't really want to be dependent on it, though.

Pat58: What a lovely family visit!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-22, 07:46 PM  
YogaGal

I want to welcome Jeanette who popped in last month to introduce herself. Hope to hear from you again soon.

cyana: So glad that both DS and DIL arrived safely. I do not like long drives, and I certainly would not like to drive that far by myself. Thanks for the offer of the round bolster, but I’ll eventually get a rectangular one sometime.

Paine: So sorry to hear about your friend in hospice. Sending you some virtual hugs.

Pam: Enjoy your new/old Gilad workouts!

Pat: The bolster I have on my amazon wish list is a rectangular one, so I’ll likely go with that shape over round. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your family over the weekend.

Beth: Glad you got to enjoy your brewery yoga class and are adding more good videos to your YT channel.

Sandra: Hope all goes well with your bathroom remodel. We got high-rise toilets last fall and as a short person, they took a bit of getting used to, but I’m happy with them now. The thing I really like is the slow close lid! No accidental slamming! Hope you knee gets back in shape soon. Glad the knee brace helped you.

Yesterday was functional fitness working in the yard – moving some rocks to a different area and helping DH remove some old dead shrubs.

Today was a quick cardio: Jessica’s 15-Minute Quick At Home Fat Burning Cardio Blast and Yoga with Kassandra's 10 min THROAT CHAKRA Morning Yoga - Yoga NECK STRETCHES.
Old 07-05-22, 09:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Ow, it hurts to be at work. I'm grateful for four days of good relaxation and fun though. Yesterday was another low key day featuring Kassandra's Reclined Yin practice, a 1.25 mile hike at waterfall trail, and 5,000 steps.

Hi Carolyn, nice to see you. I haven't tried K's throat chakra practice yet, I'm behind on the new chakra series.

Waves everyone!
Old 07-05-22, 01:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean (30 minutes of Upper Body selections plus Abs & Stretch)
Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting
Beth's Yoga Block Party YouTube
I also walked to the park with my two grandsons

Thank you everyone for your support--it means a lot to me!

Sandra inspired me to do my Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting workout. I'm so glad I kept that DVD!

Beth, I really enjoyed your Yoga Block Party video--thank you! I'm going to remember these modifications using blocks when I do other yoga practices.

Pam, I like your avatar!

Pat, I enjoyed hearing about your family visit.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 06:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Really didn't feel much like exercising today, but for

Today's Workout: I managed to do various upper body segments from Margaret Richard's Good For You.

Take care!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 08:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I taught Essentrics this morning and went for a walk with DH. I may get a stretch in later.

Carolyn - I think a rectangular bolster is a great choice! I use mine a lot. I had a big round one but it wasn’t very firm and I hardly ever used it. It went in our pre-Covid purge for the move that never happened.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-22, 08:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had another low key day, just Kassandra Morning Full Body Yin Yoga, a short lunch walk and 4,500 steps. I had my massage in the evening so I let it go as a mostly rest day, but seriously have got to get back to the weights and Pilates. Seems like a recurring theme [roll eyes].

Greetings all! Enjoy your day!