Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-22, 02:10 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day.

Cyana, sorry to hear that your DS and DIL are moving far away. You'll have to go visit them on your next vacation from work.
I didn't know there were yellow cardinals! I had to google since I had never seen one.

Sandra, I like having a walking buddy! My DH and I recently watched the new James Bond movie on Amazon Prime and in the movie someone said that the flower Foxglove and the entire plant is poisonous and not to touch it. Foxglove happens to be one of the flowers that my 3 year old grandson has been most fascinated with. We have a flower book that has foxglove in it and also there is a house a couple streets away from us has foxglove, which my grandson was thrilled to find. We never touched the plant but I made sure to tell my grandson that foxglove is poisonous and we are to never touch it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 02:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Need a funny for the weekend? Here are some otters watching popcorn be popped:
https://youtu.be/ASLgtV8YQkA?t=269

I actually went to YouTube to get this link to share - this short psoas stretch felt so good this morning!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS5oCYNQOpA

I'll chat more about yesterday's yoga workshop later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 06:30 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Routine 1B from Margaret Richard's My Body of Work, followed by the Lying Practice from Jane Adams's Gentle Yoga (all done on the back and included some strengthening moves).

Paine: I didn't know that about foxglove. I think digitalis is made from foxglove, so I guess the plant can be potent.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 11:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Todays activities:
~2 dog walks & an 8.5 km forest hike, 22,000 steps total
~Beth’s psoas stretch YT link (very nice, thanks!) + my own standing yoga flow: W2, side angle, W2, reverse W, W2, triangle X 4 each side, finished with wide leg forward bend with alternating twists.

Paine & Sandra - Yes, digitalis is derived from the foxglove plant.

Beth - The otters were very cute!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 06:02 AM  
cyana

Happy Moan-Day. I have something due today, and need to get an early start to get it done. On a positive note, there are several new MFML videos this week that I'm looking forward to trying - Kate Walker - Yoga for Every Body: Bend and Twist. Supposedly good for improved spinal mobility. Drum roll - Norman Blair - Restoring Yin Yoga. I my Norman! And Alternate To Sun Salutations by Lizzie Reumont. I've complained vigorously about Death By Sun Salutations over the years, so it will be interesting to see what Lizzie does with this and the description notes avoidance of weight-bearing on the shoulders and wrists. That's music to my shoulders and wrists.

I love foxglove/digitalis and had it at my former house - such a beautiful flower.

Beth - Thanks for the link - I previewed the video and definitely want to give that a try this week.

Waves to ALL. Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start. Must get the work computer cranked up and rock and roll.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Happy Moan Day! Sorry to be MIA over the weekend. The dang basement is controlling everything, it seems. I decided to tackle the mold myself, I saw some YT videos using a borax solution. Anyway here's what I did:

Saturday:

~ Basement work;
~ Winsor Dynamic Sculpting Ball 20 minute
~ My own yin backbending practice
~ 5,018 steps

Sunday:

~ Ellen Barrett Cardio Barre
~ Jessica Valant 15 Minutes Pilates for Beginners
~ Beach walk
~ 5,497 steps

Loved Cardio Barre! Nice flow, not too hard and beautiful music.

I'll come back to chat soon!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 10:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Good For You (Segment 3: calves, chest, deltoids)
(Segment 4: triceps, biceps), (Segment 1: back)
Jackie's Essentrics class

I'll be going for a neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson in a few minutes.
Old 06-13-22, 05:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey friends! We've had a beautiful couple of days here, lots of sun and low 70s. I got my bike tires fixed last week and went on my first ride today, just to the library and back.

I realized that I didn't post about my workshop yet. I don't recall if I posted the title before; it was "Your Nervous System and Yoga: Understanding the Vagus Nerve as the Path to Relaxation." The reason I wanted to go was because I thought it would be a good intersect between my therapy work and my yoga teaching, and it was. It was 4 hours, with the first 3 hours being lecture and discussion about the nervous system, stress, etc. - sounds boring but was really interesting! And in the last hour, we did ballwork, including some stuff for the neck and chest that I'd never seen before, alternate nostril breathing, and legs-up-the-wall to finish. I'm glad I went!

In some sadder news, I was watching the nest a bit ago, and I'm almost positive there are only two chicks now.

cyana, I actually just referred to Norman's book in preparation for a series of yin videos I plan to film (yin for morning, noon, and night). I hope to do the first within the next few days. The alternate to sun salutations sounds interesting - I've seen a lot of "no hands" versions on YouTube (and also taught in my Yoga for All training). I'm sorry to hear your son is moving further away; I'm sure that will be hard for you.

Paine, I hope you had another nice walk with your grandson! Will you be watching both boys when the older one is done with school?

Pat, sounds like you are getting in lots of functional fitness!

Pam, I might have to bump otters up to my second-favorite animal.

Sandra, do you have a countdown to your official retirement date? My mom asked me today if I'd thought about when I would like to retire, which surprised me.

Hope this Monday went well for all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 06:18 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, I'm glad you enjoyed the yoga workshop and found it valuable.
I couldn't find the 3rd chick either.
I did have a nice walk with my 3 year old grandson today. Yes, I'll be watching both of my grandsons when the older one is finished with school.
Old 06-13-22, 06:33 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: I did almost all of Essentrics Barre with Sahra. I only bailed on a couple of the more intense stretches in the Barre Stretch segment which didn't feel prudent for my compromised knees. However the overall workout was great! This morning I used Map My Walk on another regular route, which came in at 2.25 miles.

Beth: My last day at the library will be September 23. I count 15 more weeks of working. My local VF buddy suggested there might be some sort of app I could set up as a countdown -- how many weeks, days, hours, minutes, etc. I know I'll miss at least certain aspects of my job, and certainly my wonderful co-workers, but I'm also truly excited about a fresh blank slate for the next chapter in my life!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote