Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-22, 01:34 PM  
tlchello

Question Lift with Cee- Beginner Series

For those that have done any of the workouts in this series or done it as a program, did you mix and match the 4 workouts or did you set them up in any kind of order?

I am returning to exercise after a bout with Covid and an even longer bout with laziness. I did one of these workouts last week and was S.O.R.E...lol. I want to do them 3x per week for about 4 weeks. Just not sure if there is a method to schedule them or just kinda pick one each day.

Thanks for your replies!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 01:37 PM  
alisoncooks

I picked one workout and did it 3x in the week. Then the next week, I moved on to the next. I figured I would do better knowing what moves/weights were expected. Once I’d been through them all, I would mix and match.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 01:43 PM  
tlchello

That sounds like a good plan. Perhaps that is what I will do.
Old 05-30-22, 03:24 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I used these as a restart after different life issues and injuries. I did them for about a month before moving on to the 40-4-40 plan. I went through them all once then I would pick whichever one appealed to me at the time. I did two or three of them each week. The separate warmup is good, very thorough. I really like working out with Cee. Her workouts are calming to me, which is just what I need.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 04:23 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I used these as a restart after different life issues and injuries. I did them for about a month before moving on to the 40-4-40 plan. I went through them all once then I would pick whichever one appealed to me at the time. I did two or three of them each week. The separate warmup is good, very thorough. I really like working out with Cee. Her workouts are calming to me, which is just what I need.
My plan is to also do this for a month or so and then try the 40-4-40 plan. I do the warm up too...it is really good.

I like that I can turn the sound down and just play my own music with her programs. She has good visual cues.
Old 05-30-22, 05:37 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I started the new year with her 40-4-40 plan and moved right into her PPL rotation. Now I've been doing an occasional advanced workout of hers, but i'm hoping she has another rotation coming out soon. And I love her warmup; I use it over Caroline Girvan's & Vera LaRo's warmups when I'm doing their workouts. It is very thorough! She is very calming for an instructor which I like.
Old 05-30-22, 07:00 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
My plan is to also do this for a month or so and then try the 40-4-40 plan. I do the warm up too...it is really good.

I like that I can turn the sound down and just play my own music with her programs. She has good visual cues.
That sounds like a good plan. The 40-4-40 helped me to regain some of the strength I had lost and now, the PPL plan I'm doing now is building on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I started the new year with her 40-4-40 plan and moved right into her PPL rotation. Now I've been doing an occasional advanced workout of hers, but i'm hoping she has another rotation coming out soon. And I love her warmup; I use it over Caroline Girvan's & Vera LaRo's warmups when I'm doing their workouts. It is very thorough! She is very calming for an instructor which I like.
I was looking at her Instagram, @ceelifts, and someone asked her if she had any more workouts coming and she answered that she doesn't have any full length workouts planned for now. She wants to get more subscribers before uploading because it takes a lot of time to produce. You can read it in the comments on the video where she's doing chin-ups.

I'm on my second week of PPL and like it, too. After that, I may do some of her older stuff.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 03:51 AM  
Elsie

Susan,
Thanks so much for posting that she won't be doing full length rotations for a little while. I'm bummed. I was hoping after I got moved (across the country) and settled, to begin a new program! Right now I am doing some 40-4-40 backwards from eighteen. Lol. I don't have time for three a week right now, but it's fun!!
As for OP, I also to 'get back into' weights have done her Beginner vids. I didn't do them as a program though, but I do feel that they go together quite well as she doesn't thoroughly work all of the shoulders in individual videos but if you rotate through all the Beginner ones, then you'll get all of your shoulders. Just my 2 cents! And of course, perhaps the whole shoulder thing isn't that relevant anyway. I'm picky about this. Ha!
Best of luck!!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 07:28 AM  
buffmama

Thanks for the update Susan. I started 40-4-40 after hearing the great reviews. Hoping things change and she starts posting more again. In the meantime I'm grateful for what's already done.
Old 06-02-22, 05:13 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Susan,
Thanks so much for posting that she won't be doing full length rotations for a little while. I'm bummed. I was hoping after I got moved (across the country) and settled, to begin a new program! Right now I am doing some 40-4-40 backwards from eighteen. Lol. I don't have time for three a week right now, but it's fun!!
As for OP, I also to 'get back into' weights have done her Beginner vids. I didn't do them as a program though, but I do feel that they go together quite well as she doesn't thoroughly work all of the shoulders in individual videos but if you rotate through all the Beginner ones, then you'll get all of your shoulders. Just my 2 cents! And of course, perhaps the whole shoulder thing isn't that relevant anyway. I'm picky about this. Ha!
Best of luck!!
Good point about rotating through them. I was originally going to stick with one each week but since reading your post and others, I decided to rotate them for the month. That way, I am hitting all of the variations and will do each workout 3 times before I decide to move on or not.

Tags
lift with cee