Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-22, 10:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I got my medical clearance this morning if I decide to go the surgery route. It's scheduled for Monday but I have an appt with the orthopedist tomorrow so I have a few more questions.

DONNA, just enjoy your time off and relax.

PAT, low key is good with all this humidity.
The massage sounds lovely.

DIANE, you're so right. I know for a fact I'm going to second guess whatever decision I make.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 01:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today I did Jessica's 48 Min Circuit Workout. I see some improvement in my ability to do these!

I plan to stretch or something later.....

We had friends over for dinner last night and it ended up being a late night.

Summer Breeze - good luck w/ making the final decision.

Pat - I'm tired too, I'm blaming it as combo of fiscal year end hangover plus humidity.

Waves , Diane!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 01:45 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

So, one of Angel’s dads wasn’t feeling well yesterday afternoon. He home tested and then had a PCR test and confirmed he has Covid. He is fully vaxxed and boosted so he’s home until at least Tuesday, which means I won’t see my Angel girl for a bit. Scott, his partner and some family members all had tickets for Josh Groban at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, as did I. Scott was freaked out about going. I made a decision to sell my ticket and not go because of Covid. Despite being “outdoors” you’re really NOT totally outdoors. My seat is under the balcony and, despite always buying an end seat, I’m still going to be too close to people for my own comfort level. Now I’m glad I didn’t go. Scott was upset because hardly anyone was wearing a mask. He briefly swapped his N95 for a lighter mask and he thinks that's where he could have caught it. But who knows???? I also have tickets for Brian Wilson and Chicago on 7/17 and may not go to that show either. Sigh…..

Wednesday’s Workout:
  • Walk on bike trail while DH ran: 3.35 miles
  • Stretch

Thursday’s Workout:
  • Treadlift – biking outdoors – 13.13 miles then Back and Core strength workouts
  • Stretch
  • Afternoon: Bad Yogi Perfect Body Perfect Yoga practice

Pat: Oh, massage! I used to get them monthly but when my place reopened after lock down, they required all clients to be vaccinated but NOT the therapists! I decided this was not the place for me. Until we’re more passed this virus, I won’t be looking for a new therapist anytime soon. Still, I’m jealous!

Summer Breeze: I’m glad your got the medical clearance and hopefully the orthopedist can answer all your questions so you can make a decision that will be right for you.

Waves to Donna! See everyone tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning!

Yesterday featured:

~ Evening walk around neighborhood
~ Kassandra Evening Yoga for Flexibility plus affirmations
~ 6,251 steps

Summer Breeze, it sounds like you have gotten closer to your decision. If you decide to have the surgery, I wish you the best for Monday. Please check in when you can.

Donna, good work strengthening up. You are dedicated, that's for sure.

Diane, that's too bad about having to miss the show. It seems like there's been an uptick in transmission lately. I sure hope you get to see Brian Wilson, those tickets must have been hard to get. I totally trust my therapist, she obeyed every rule especially having two little girls. And I'm fortunate to know her!

Well everyone have a marvelous day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 12:28 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today is the last day of my staycation...I can get used to this lifestyle. I need to retire, LOL! Well, one day....

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Full Body Flow - i skipped the gliders and it worked fine.

Jessica Smith - Core Stretch and Strength - I like this one - it is a surprise b/c when I picked up the set, I figured I would not use this one often as I don't love ab work on the floor - but this is a nice mix of that as well as other exercises and has a restorative feel to it.

Diane - that is too bad about the show. It does seem like it is almost inevitable that we will all catch this thing at some point. Hopefully your friend is not feeling too terrible.

Pat - nice workout!! I have to try one of Kassandra's yin practices, it is on my list.

Summer Breeze - please keep us posted on what you decide and how you are doing.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I do feel relaxed, but not ready to go back to the "office"

Donna
Old 07-09-22, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jenny Ford - 7 Summit Step Challenge # 2 of 65
Jenny Ford - Yoga for Breath and Body Awareness

Not much new to report.

My Lab was having a lot of trouble getting around today - for awhile I thought the time had come, but she as able to finally get up and move. I know her time is limited b/c at some point she will not be able to get around. She is up there in age, so had lived a long life. I think a lot of her arthritis is due to Lyme disease - she was not well cared for in her early days - and I am guessing did not get proper care until she was turned into a shelter and placed with a rescue organization.

Also, got some bad news on a friend of mine, her husband has cancer and his recent bloodwork is concerning. The treatments may be damaging his kidneys, so I'm waiting to hear more on that - but please keep them in your thoughts/prayers. He is going for follow ups on Monday to find out what is going on.

Sorry to be a downer this morning.

Hope everyone enjoys the day.....

Donna
Old 07-10-22, 05:51 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone,

I have been busy doing house stuff. Yesterday I actually hosed out the garbage bins and did some rearranging of the garage, mostly in the hunt for stuff to get rid of! Decluttering has become a major passion of mine!

Friday’s workout:
  • Treadlift: Treadmill run – we were in a rush to leave the house so the corresponding weight work will be done on Saturday!
  • Pushups and tricep dips.
  • Stretch

Saturday’s Workout:
  • Finished Treadlift weight workout (shoulders)
  • Did a segment of Cathe’s upper body weight workout from Body Fusion
  • Stretch then short walk through the neighborhood.

Pat: Well, I’ve already decided not to go to the show. I bought a VIP package and will be selling just the seat once the items arrive here. I so thought when I bought all these tickets that this was behind us but was I wrong.

Donna: Scott is on the mend but for a day and a half, he was feeling absolutely awful and sounded awful. He’s fully vaxxed and boosted – I told his partner can you even imagine if he wasn’t? So far, his partner has tested negative and Angel misses me (so I’m told!) LOL! I always liked staycations! We traveled a lot for our careers so being at home and not having to go anywhere was a treat! I’m sorry for your lab. Getting old really stinks and how I wish our animals had as much longevity as we have. Sending your lab some big hugs. I’m also sorry for your friend’s husband.

Summer Breeze: Keeping you in my thoughts – hope you are feeling well and happy with whatever decision you have chosen.

I’ll be back later with today’s workout! Enjoy the day!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 08:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Just a quick pop in. I'm having the surgery tomorrow morning. I'm at the point where I just want to get this over with. If all goes according to plan, it's another 6 weeks after surgery that I'll be non-weight bearing in a cast. Ugh. Just hoping & praying all goes well. Thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes. Keep 'em coming

DIANE, oh that's too bad you're missing out on the shows you were looking forward to.
This covid really stinks and I guess it's here for the long haul.

DONNA, aw I'm glad your Lab was able to get moving a bit. Tough to see them ailing.
Prayers for your friend's husband too.

PAT, hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 09:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was an mix of Ellen's workouts:

Yoga Pump - her new workout for this month - I liked it - she alternated yoga w/ her fusion/sculpt segments. I only wish it were longer - a 30 or 40 min version would be perfect (this was only 20 min)

I also did:

Inner & Outer Thigh Workout - another good one from Ellen - standing and floor toning for the lower body.

Summer Breeze - good luck tomorrow - please keep us posted on your progress.

Diane - I'm glad your friend is doing better. I do enjoy staycations. We have spent a lot of money on our house this year - plumbing repairs, new hot water heater and bathrooms - so a big trip is out of the question - plus it is hard for us to go away w/ our Lab. My DD is home working, but I don't think our Lab can handle a 10 hour day by herself - I think there would be a lot of mess to clean up. On our next week off this summer my DD will be done w/ work, so she may be able to help w/ the dogs, but we'll have just spent the $$ on the baths...so....I do enjoy the slower pace of a staycation, it gives you time to enjoy the house you spend so much time repairing and maintaining. Plus you can do some local things you don't get a chance to do during "regular life"

Waves, Pat!

Remodel 2.0 starts on Thursday - so I'll have at least an easier start to the week - of course that is probably demo-day - which means lots of noise. I have two job interviews (for my 'assistant' in the new job) and a presentation to make that day, of course! I think I'm going to have to move my laptop to the quietest part of the house and hope for the best.

Donna
Old 07-11-22, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to work today.

I had a good break from work and it was actually a good time for me to think about some things - mainly about how I spend my time vs. how I want to spend my time. While I love working from home, I realize I do need to set more boundaries about my work time - and that includes being more efficient and productive and not frittering away hours on responding to e-mails, messages, etc. So I'm going to actually implement some "no e-mail" times in my day to focus on getting work done so I am not putting in so many hours after hours. I think e-mail, instant messaging, etc. makes us feel we have to respond to everything as it comes in and that just is a drain on time - and every time you are pulled away from something it takes that much longer to re-focus.

And then I was also thinking about how I spend my free time. Since my DD no longer needs me to drive her everywhere and since she spends a lot of free time w/ her BF, I find myself at loose ends. So I need to think about what I want to do w/ the extra time I find myself having now on the weekends. My DH has to go to bed super early for work, so on Sunday he tends to not want to do much. So that is sort of my "dead" day - and I tend to get lost down rabbit holes, but not doing something that I intentionally want to do or enjoy doing, if that makes sense.

Anyway - these are just some things that I was thinking about during my break.

On to the workouts -

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Circuit Workout 38 Min Version - I enjoyed this one, it wasn't too much of any one thing.

I am going to see if I can finish this rotation out, even w/ the disruption of my remodel.

Today started week # 7. I am almost considering Lift & Shift next, this series did prepare me mentally for longer workouts.

Summer Breeze - sending you

Waves, everyone!!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga