Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-09-22, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Just another rest day yesterday. I thought about riding the bike at the gym which is supposed to be good for the knees but sitting at work aggravated it. It's way much better today so I'll try to do some formal exercise.

Pam, Barletes with ankle weights sounds positively grim!

Good morning to Summer Breeze, Donna and Diane. Make it a great day!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my Golden and I also did Ellen's Power 15 in the evening.

Today, so far:

Essentrics Live workout w/ Gail from 2/3 - this was an activation workout a little more slow paced than her Monday workouts. I think she is doing another one like this tomorrow.

Jessica Smith - 30 Day Set - Toning walk - this is the walk w/ the band.

I am really enjoying these Live Essentrics classes - I am actually considering a yearly subscription - even if I did these 3X a week it would be worth it.

Oh - my Golden's appointment was uneventful - just a fatty tumor. She has to have her teeth cleaned - so I have that scheduled for March. The Vet said she is in great shape, so that is good - she is going to be 10 in June! Hard to believe....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 10:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday was:

32 minute outdoor walk

I was doing some errands in the next town over by the park so decided to pop in for a walk since the weather was somewhat bearable. It went well, felt good to be outdoors walking. I tweaked my back a bit from Pahla B last week so it's still more sore than it's been recently but definitely improving overall.

PAT, welcome back to planet Earth and unfortunately work too. Watch those knees.

DONNA, looks like you have some nice routines going. I am the worst with rotations so I completely understand. Glad your golden is doing well.

PAM, ohh Barlates is so tough for me. All that time she spends on one body part. You did well!

DIANE, glad you're getting back into a routine. The sciatica is slowly improving thankfully. It doesn't take much to set me back though so I still have to be very cautious. My friend just sent me a bunch of pictures from Chatham the other day. She's quite a nice amateur photographer and it's so pretty where she lives.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 11:26 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!
Well, no plans to workout today. I’ve had two bad night’s of sleep so I’m taking it easy. I’m actually heading out in a few to take care of my friend’s dog, Angel. This too shall pass but I am beat. Nevertheless, I wanted to stop by and cheer y’all on. Y’all – I love this word! Very useful!

Pat: I must try Reiki at some point. I’ve been hibernating away from humanity because of the virus but hopefully when we get more out of this, I’m venturing out for some self-care that I can’t do for myself. Good for you to rest when you know you need it! The snow is STILL out there. I’ve been shoveling my neighbor’s driveway apron as they are away until Friday. At least they’ll be able to pull in but I am sick, sick, sick of snow. I used to love winter but not anymore. Our search for the right place to move to is intensifying!

Pam: Barlates with ankle weights????? Yikes!!! I gave away all my Barlates dvds because it was just too, too much for me. The killer one was the 100 rep dvd – oye to the vey, no way! I just bought the 2 dvd set of Essentrics Sculpting Series. Small investment but I think I may really like adding this in to my routine. Maybe I’ll do a yin practice this afternoon. Hopefully it will help my sleep. Vytas was (or is?) from Udaya. I may be prematurely critical of his chattiness because I’ve been doing yoga for many years and don’t need that much direction. I think this practice was geared for beginners.

Donna: If I like my new Essentrics dvds, perhaps I’ll look into the streaming. I need to be gentle and kind to this aging body which has served me well for 64 years! I’m so, so happy your Golden’s appt. went well!
Summer Breeze: Yeah, you’re able to do a walk! Yes, this injury creeps up when you least expect it and then you have to try to figure out what irritated it. Sigh…. I’m afraid we will have to be cautious for the rest of our working out lives. I keep telling myself there are so many worse things. Chatham and Austerlitz, NY border the Berkshires so it’s a beautiful area. We actually were on the Taconic on Saturday and passed the Taconic Sculpture Park that you can see on the right going northbound. You cannot miss the sculptures – they are huge and atop the hills of Austerlitz!

Have a great day, everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 01:19 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~taught Essentrics on Teams - A new to me online platform that I like much better than zoom
~Altar of the Heart - I did all of it, such a beautiful practice. I modified a few things & used my headstand bench.

Pat - The Barlates workout was tough, but it felt good in a sort of masochistic way, lol. I’m surprised I don’t have any DOMS from it….so far.

Donna - I really like the new ETV live workouts a lot and it’s nice to see new instructors with different styles of teaching. It’s very helpful for my own classes.

Summer breeze - I’m glad you’re seeing improvement & hope the trend continues. I think you are wise to take it slow.

Diane - I’m sorry you haven’t been sleeping well. That Essentrics set is a good choice & I hope you enjoy it!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got out for a dog walk in our relatively mild February weather. I didn't do anything in the evening. But so far, so good on this month and getting outside more and I think I also had a salad a day for a # of days in a row. It is a step in the right direction -

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Fit in 15 - Kickboxing 101 - the DVD Option was 360 Abs from WS 1.0 and I wasn't up for it.

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - 30 min session - I did struggle a bit with some of this - I'm finding that I'm really losing flexibility. Probably from sitting so much for work. I did modify with blocks and such but still - I used to be able to do these things w/ more ease and grace.

Pam - I am definitely enjoying the Live classes on ETV! We use TEAMS for work and I like it - it does seem more user friendly than Zoom!

Diane - I haven't been sleeping too well either - sigh - yes, we do have to take care of ourselves - I really am enjoying Essentrics again - I find the Live workouts breathe new life into it for me.

Summer Breeze - glad you got out to walk and that you see improvement!

Pat - I forgot to comment on your training - way to go!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 02-10-22, 09:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies. Knee on the mend, time to ramp it up! Last night I remembered the Lee Holden routine I bought during my subscription and did the short one. I have the five challenge freebies somewhere. Also got 3,500 steps.

I heard the first territorial call this morning! A Carolina wren declaring my backyard is his.

Donna, good news about your walking buddy! Hmm I better start bringing more salads to work too.

Summer Breeze, good to hear you got out for a nice walk.

Diane, I think you would enjoy a Reiki session. It's so soothing. You are so kind to shovel your neighbor's driveway.

Pam, the new ETV live classes sound like a nice switch-up.

Make it a lovely day everyone!
Old 02-10-22, 11:28 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning everyone!

Still cannot get rid of this freakin’ snow. Snow, ice layer, snow – it’s impossible to get rid of unless we have some much warmer days. Sigh….

It’s amazing what groups you can find on Facebook. I have two brand new inhalers that we just bought for Christopher (he was asthmatic on top of everything else) so I found an Feline Asthma Group with a swap and I was able to donate his two inhalers to another cat in need. We order our pet meds from Canada. If I bought one of these here, it would be about $200! In Canada, $60 each plus free shipping. So, Chris’ legacy can live on (in my mind, at least).

Today’s workout:
Pushups, followed by Body Electric Perfect 10, Program 1B: Calves, HS, Quads, Delts, Back
Yoga with Bird – short 5 minute stretch
Meditation

Pam: I just took out of the library a couple of Essentrics dvds. Sadly, they are so scratched I’m having a hard time getting them to work properly. Sigh….really bothers me that people abuse things that are not “theirs” – I love our library system up here and this is such a shame.

Donna: I’m glad the weather is getting milder. It is up here as well but not anywhere near as mild as I would like it to be.

Pat: Knees, the bane of human existence. Glad it’s on the mend. A Carolina wren!!!! How cool! I think I would enjoy Reiki as well. I tend to be very type-A so soothing and slow is what my goals are from now on. We have wonderful neighbors who would do the same for us. We’re very lucky. We actually have the neighborhood “Karen” across the street – she’s a relatively young girl (early 30s) and miserable, complaining, obnoxious. We’re all praying she moves!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day – off to see Angel the dog. Sending hugs Summer Breeze’s way!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 09:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF!

I hit the jackpot while reorganizing my DVDs - a mailer with a bunch of "backups" which included some recordings of old Body Electrics. Whee! So last night featured:

~ An old Body Electric
~ Lee Holden Qigong for Depression and Emotional Balance
~ 5,734 steps

I chose that Lee Holden DVD just because I like it, not for depression. I hope YMAA will have a sale soon, it seems like Lee never has sales directly on his web page.

Yikes, Diane it sounds like you've got permafrost there. I'm happy another pet is able to take advantage of Christopher's meds. Do you meditate every day? I've gotten back in the habit and look forward to my morning quiet time.

Good morning Donna, Summer Breeze and Pam!
Old 02-11-22, 10:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was another dog walk and in the evening I did a Live Essentrics - this one was with Jenny and was an "aging backwards" workout - which is slower paced. It was a nice way to end the day.

Today, I don't know what got into me, but I did:

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3 - Metabolic Conditioning. I modified - lighter weights, no step and it worked fine. You know, I am thinking of maybe trying the WS 3.0 rotation and just going at my own pace - and modifying as needed. I have had this set since it came out, but I have never done it b/c of my fear of it. But, today's workout was do-able at my own pace. So, something to think about.

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong 3 - Simply Stretch - just a 15 min stretch!

I don't know if I will get a chance to get anything else in today. I have a lot of meetings....and I'm off work next week so I want to clear up outstanding items.

Waves, everyone - happy Friday!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga