Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-23-21, 09:26 AM  
fitjen

Hi!

This morning was Lite Metabolic Total Body - Timesaver Mishmosh. This is the first time I've ever matched Cathe's weights, so I was proud of myself!

I did want to add that yesterday's steps totaled 12,287, but that included Kickbox (extra arms)

Have a great day!
Old 02-23-21, 10:29 AM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi

So far did my 10k walk, barre and yoga. Liift4 today.

Jen! AWESOME job

Jen and Lori, question for you! Which download or dvd or ... do you suggest for just pure dumbbell lifting. No other fancy stuff?

Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Hugs.
bfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:11 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi-

I just got the second vaccine today (yea!), so I'll see how I feel later.

Bita-
My favorite instructor for weights is Cathe. I know she is not your favorite, but here goes:
Her older stuff:
Gym Styles- my favorite weights workouts of hers. just solid. There are 3 in the series: Chest and Triceps; Legs; Shoulders and Biceps

Pure Strength

Muscle Max

If you want high reps with lighter weights, High Reps

I love two of her series:
X-Train and Strong and Sweaty
They are both fairly advanced. You could just get the sections you need. Also, of course, there is the STS series. I have it but it is daunting.

I also like Kelly Coffey Meyer. Hers are all 30 minutes, and she often will have one weights workout along with boxing or other cardio on the other workout.

Split Sessions (upper/lower)
Lean Body Circuits
Cardio Pump

I also still love P90X, but again, that is split into sections for different body parts. I have seen these workouts on EBay (hope they are not fake).

These come to mind. I am sure Jen may have some others, or some other instructors. Kelly does some combo work that is a little treacherous for me. Her workouts are more intermediate, where some of Cathe's are just dang hard!!

Hope this helps!
Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 01:38 PM  
fitjen

Hi!

This morning was Lite Cardio Party - Timesaver #10. Fun!

Bita - I immediately thought of Cathe, as did Lori. I also thought of Gym Styles, STS (I haven't done) or XTrain.

As far as her stand alones and not parts of a series for lighter weights (but still heavy) and higher reps: Power Hour, High Reps, Muscle Endurance, LIS Trisets. For heavier, Muscle Max, Pyramids, and the new Pyramid Pump.

I love LS BodyPump, but I don't think that's what you're asking about.

Are you just looking for a change from LiifT4? I tend to do more endurance type weight work as I build muscle easily, and I need to lose weight, so the higher reps works better for me.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-24-21, 02:19 PM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi

Wow! Thank you SO much for the information.

I am going to check them out! Out of all the Cathe’s dvds I now only have the ICE series. Maybe I should get back to her.
I do love p90x but I’ve done them so many rounds it doesn’t call my name

Jen, I really like liift4, no props other than the DB. And I like the speed of the reps too. Yes! Something like that.
I do love body pump.

Thanks a million. This is awesome information.

Today was barre, walk and yoga.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 02-24-21, 06:53 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi All-

Bita- glad that Jen and I could help. I purposely gave you some of Cathe’s tougher ones, because anyone who can endure CrossFit won’t have a problem with these. I seriously think X-Train is one of her best but underrated series. It’s really good.

Cathe has a Deal of the Day and sometimes even puts the series on sale. Check out the bundle discounts and coupons on her website.

Today was Martial Fusion Cardio Kickboxing. It’s by Guillermo Gomez and I always forget that I find his workouts a little repetitive and boring. One plus is that Jessica Smith is one of the background exercisers in this one.

Have a great night!

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 11:54 AM  
fitjen

Hi!

Bita - Glad we could help! I agree with Lori about XTrain. It is underrated in my opinion. It also has some cool cardio with it. If you can hang with CrossFit, you could handle Tabatacise!

This morning was ICE Boot Camp Circuit. I did the premix with no abs. Not that I don't need the abs, I just didn't have time for them. I modified the cardio somewhat and made it my own.

Have a great day!
Old 02-25-21, 04:29 PM  
SeaChell

I guess you thought I dropped off the face of the earth! No I’m still breathing! LOL!

I’ll update you on my physical health later, suffice it to say I am doing very well. For now, though, I wanted to let you know that Janice’s husband, Jimmie, passed away last night. I know, over the past year or so, she’s lost her brother and her son and now this. I don’t know how much grief one woman can stand. Janice is a beautiful lady and, I am sure, her family will sustain her. She wanted me to let all you ladies now.

I have missed all of you but I’m trying to get back into a normal life. I’ll be back in a day or two to explain what has been going on for the past year. It’s been a wild ride but, hopefully, things are much better.

Love, Maureen
SeaChell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:50 AM  
bfj
VF Supporter

Hi

Maureen, wonderful to see you! So glad you are doing well and healing beautifully.
Thank you for the update on Janice! My Goodness, Janice, my deepest condolences. That is A LOT to go through. I met you and Jimmie years ago. What a wonderful gentleman. What a beautiful couple you are. Wish you patience and peace and healing. Thinking and praying deep for you and family. Love you.

Lori and Jen, looks like Cathe is the winner! I must get back to her for sure. Thank you again for all your valuable and awesome feedback.

Yesterday and today: barre, yoga, and walk.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 02-26-21, 09:34 AM  
fitjen

Hi!

Maureen - Great to see you here! I see your posts on Facebook occasionally, so I knew you were still around! Thank you so much for letting us know about Janice's husband. I'm glad you are doing well!

Janice - I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Jimmie! I am sending you my love and most definitely prayers for you, sweet lady!

Yesterday was another step day over 12K for me! This morning was ICE Low Impact Sweat #1 and the Bonus Extended Stretch from Perfect HiiT. I'm very tight; I've got to incorporate more flexibility into my routines.

Have a great day!