Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-21, 08:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

57 minute outdoor walk

Yesterday was a hot one. We hit 90 degrees here. Today is much more pleasant and I'm planning to walk in a bit.

DIANE, seems like you're doing well getting Riley her medicine and shot. Have fun in the Berkshires, sounds lovely.

PAT, your walk sounds very soothing. I sure hope the readers help you adjust. I haven't gone walking too early yet, that will come as it heats up. It is a very peaceful time to walk though.

Hi DONNA!

Have a great day all!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be brief today -it goes from bad to worse at work. I got notified at 8:00 a.m. about a presentation I needed to do at 1:00 p.m. and this is on top of my regular work.

And I worked until 9:00 p.m. last night.

Anyway - this morning I decided I needed to move a little bit and have a dose of positivity in my day so I did:

Pahla B - May Playlist - Day # 1- Happy Cardio Workout for Weight Loss - just a nice typical Pahla B cardio workout w/ a lot of positivity and encouragement.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Twist & Stretch

I think I want to add more yoga in - I haven't been consistent w/ yoga in a few years now...but I'm not sure which instructor I want to focus on or if I want to just bounce around....

I really enjoy Kassandra though! Adriene, I used to love, but lately I am not feeling it - I think I preferred her older videos...she seemed less serious or something back then.
And, I still want to go back to Erin Motz/Bad Yogi, too.

Pat - the readers are a lifesaver for me - I wear contacts and I can see distance but not close up these days. If I wear my glasses I have to fidget w/ them when I read to get the right focus. Old eyes...LOL! Did you end up having a corrective lens implanted w/ your cataract surgery?

Summer Breeze - I use the hydrogen peroxide solution that someone recommended on GD for my contacts. I wear monthlies so my lenses don't end up getting too gunky - I tend to wear them longer than a month though - bad me - but I toss them when they start showing their age....as in full of deposits.

Diane - that is amazing about your cat. When I had cats giving them any medication was a chore. Dogs are easy -they will eat anything. Summer came early here, too, it is going to be in the 90s this weekend. But that is typical for this area.

Waves, everyone ---

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 07:16 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

Hope FRIYAY finds everyone happy and healthy! We had a lovely day in the Berkshires. We decided to stick with walking trails as the woods are filled with ticks. We were warned when we arrived at a trail head by someone coming off and my husband, bless his squeamish heart, suggested we just walk through the touristy downtown areas.

I am particularly interested in the old New England cemeteries. Yesterday, we went to the Stockbridge Cemetery and saw Norman Rockwell's gravesite - tucked away all the way in the back. Apparently he was a very private, no nonsense type of guy and didn't want anything fancy or garish. I also went to the "Sedgwick Pie". If anyone is familiar with Andy Warhol et al, you may know Edie Sedgwick, cousin to Kyra Sedgwick. The pie is where one of the oldest American families are buried and it's circular, the center being the first Sedgwick and then goes outward. Edie was one of Warhol's "it girls" and sadly died from a drug overdose very, very young. She isn't here in the pie but her entire east coast family is. I hated history as a kid but now I can't get enough!

Workouts:
Pushups
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution Week 5 Booty goals workout. Ouchie, ouch. Really isolated the glutes and they're still talking to me.
Yoga with Kassandra.

Going out to the park for a bike ride while my DH runs. I plan on lapping him at least 3 times today and yell things at him!

Comments:
Summer Breeze and donnamp - Riley is an easy cat to medicate and that's the only easy thing about her! It's the other 23 hours and 59 minutes of the day that she drives us insane. She is a Bengal rescue. Bengals are uber-active. Think Border Collie on speed! Plus, she loves affection but gets extremely rough - biting, grabbing. She didn't have good socialization as a kitten and she had been returned to the rescue 3 times because she was a handful. We adopted her in NYC at a year and a half and she's 14 now. I keep thinking she was sent to us to teach us something. Patience? Maybe more like "remove murderous thoughts from our minds!"

On that note, have a wonderful day everyone. Another beautiful day here in Upstate NY and those can be few and far between so we're grabbing it!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 08:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had another nice evening walk around the 'hood and did some back therapy.

Diane - I like Happy FriYay! I loved your stories about the cemeteries and have never heard of the Sedgwick family. A pie cemetery, now that's Andy Warhol way ahead of his time. We have lots of old cemeteries where I live, including small family plots with the old leaning over tombstones and even just rocks as markers. I've read that the towns of Stonington and North Stonington have more cemeteries per capita than any other town in the USA.

Ugh, Donna - sending support for your presentation. I know you'll ace it, but nice of them to give you a little notice! Good job on doing some exercise to uplift your mood.

Summer Breeze, ooh I don't want to see ninety degree weather. Summer used to be fun, I've grown to hate it.

Have a great day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-21, 09:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

(drumroll please....)

MR streaming #1701 (ikr?)
55 minute outdoor walk

Finally a weight workout!! I don't know what took me so long. It was a fun one, bis, tris, obliques, inner thighs and glute bridges. Fun! I'm hoping this starts me on a regular roll with MR but I don't want to get too cocky here. Not sure about a walk today. I'm going for a pedi with my sister in a bit and I'll take it from there.

DIANE, sounds like a very interesting trip to the cemeteries.

DONNA, I hope Pahla gave you the positivity you needed for the day. Thanks for your input on the protein remover. So it seems you don't use one for your lenses, the hydrogen peroxide solution is all you use? I'll look into that. I wear the monthlies and I don't even wear them that often anymore so I'm probably fine without a separate protein remover.

PAT, glad you enjoyed another evening walk. Spring and fall are the best weather but so short around these parts.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 05-22-21, 07:53 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! And it's a glorious one here, too.

Yesterday I recommenced my office movement challenge with squats and flexband pulldowns. I'm going to start using light weights again but continue to forego any forward bending or pressure-building type movements for another week. I cheated and used my inversion table for a few minutes, though.

Yesterday was a real treat! My youngest nephew, my niece-in-law and their redheaded kid a/k/a my grandnephew came in from Rhode Island for a home schooling group tour of the museum near my office. After their tour I hoofed over to the museum parking lot and we tailgated for 40 minutes or so. It's the first time I've seen Matt since Christmas before last and we had a real long hug! 7,500 steps.

Summer Breeze, wahoo on breaking through your Margaret block! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your visit and pedi today, too!

Everyone have a glorious day.
Old 05-22-21, 07:57 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning, everyone!

It's a gorgeous day here in Upstate NY but it's been pretty warm, warm enough for the A/C. The weather is so crazy up here - super long winters and then - boom! we're into summer. Oh well, there are far worse things!

Workout:
Cardio Day - treadmill run
Bad Yogi's Perfect Body Resolution - Checkpoint 1 yoga. I'm amazed at how far I've come in a year with yoga. If someone would have really drummed it into my head that being consistent with yoga would really have gains, I would have poo-poo'd it. Balance still isn't great but I blame that on my bunions. Mine do not hurt so I have no plans on surgery. But it is a pain when I want to do balance poses.

We're off for another bike ride - this time together. NY State has been slowly but surely paving and adding on to the bike trail system and it's really been nice. So, checking out a newly paved area this morning.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday - but as I recall I did:

Pahla B - May Playlist Day # 2 - This was a strength workout
Yoga w/ Kassadra - Yoga Warm-up
Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Routine Part 1

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - May Playlist Day # 3 - Power walk w/ step stools
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Hip Mobility Routine

Pahla is hitting the spot for me right now with her positive attitude and short workouts.

I hope to walk later w/ DD - it is going to be a hot one.

Diane - I hope you enjoy your bike ride!! Where do you live in NY if you don't mind my asking? I grew up in NY - on Long Island and went to school upstate - SUNY Binghamton. I have totally lost my LI accent though, LOL, everyone thinks I'm either from MD or PA (where I lived before I moved here). But it somewhat comforting to hear a LI accent - I didn't even know I had one until I moved away, LOL!

Pat - glad you got to spend time w/you family!!!

Summer Breeze -yes, I used the hydrogen peroxide solution and that is it - a word of caution - it stings like nobody's business if it gets in your eye. You have to wait for it to be neutralized using the special case that comes w/ it - and I think that takes 6 hours. So, if you have to take your lenses out for some reason but want to put them back in soon - just use a regular case and some saline. I rinse mine off w/ saline before I put them in my eye b/c even once the solution is neutralized, it still stings! I have used it for years though and no issues.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR streaming #1702

Another fun one. Deltoids, quads/obliques, hamstrings (I did them standing with ankle weights, tabletop hurts my wrists/shoulders sometimes) and more glute bridges. Mys sister and niece came over for a visit after the pedi so that was a nice treat.
Dare I do another MR today? I'm hoping to walk today too but we're going to hit 90 again I think so it's either walk soon or wait til this evening which doesn't always happen then.

PAT, what a nice treat for you too to see your nephew after all this time and his family! Nice to see you're back at your office challenge too.

DIANE, enjoy your bike ride today.

Hi DONNA -- ETA we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the info on the hydrogen peroxide solution. I think I may have used that years ago. I was looking at the bottle of my Opti-Free Pure moist and it says it also removes protein deposits so maybe I'll stick with just that for now and see how it goes. Glad Pahla is hitting the spot for you right now.

Waves to all ! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-23-21, 08:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning, Happy Sunday! I'm in for a hot one - 90 degrees, yuck.

Yesterday featured some back PT and a visit to the gym for 20 minutes each recumbent bike and arc trainer; 6,200 steps. I had every intention of doing Pilates before going to the gym but instead I fell asleep during an intended "I'm just going to stretch out on the couch for 10 minutes." Oh well, it was a long work week so I guess I needed it.

That MR routine sounds nice Summer Breeze. Yay on your pedi and visit.

Donna, Pahla really does sound like a good fit for you. How did that presentation go? I have a solid Queens accent, although when I chat with a friend from home I realize it has mellowed. I used to sound along the lines of Andrew Cuomo.

Diane we have the same here in CT - wham, from 50 to 90. Can't we have a transition period? It's funny how some people are in short and tank tops once it reached 55 degrees, and others of us cling to the hoodie for just a little longer. Yep, that's me. Hope you enjoyed your bike ride!

Have a great Sunday everyone including any visitors today.

Tags
jim fixx