Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-09, 04:21 PM  
DeltaMan727

Lisa Kay….What is she doing now??

I was just wondering what ever happen to Lisa Kay of the Firm? I know she did a few videos with the “new” Firm and than she endorsed some cheap bit of exercise equipment for the abs but that was a few years ago. Anyone know what she is doing now?

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 08:11 PM  
LauraBella

O yeah, that weird Bean thing, right? What was she thinking??? She really was/is very likable. Hope she's doing well wherever she is!!!
LauraBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 08:34 PM  
spstout

I saw her when I was in Columbia last month and she looks great! She is staying busy being a mom, but does not seem to be working on any ventures right now. She is great -- always so sweet and exceptionally beautiful!
spstout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 12:15 AM  
DeltaMan727

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBella View Post
O yeah, that weird Bean thing, right? What was she thinking??? She really was/is very likable. Hope she's doing well wherever she is!!!
I was thinking the exact same thing to when I saw her selling that. I had a feeling they gave her a nice chunk of $$$$. I did lose some respect when I saw her selling the bean, but I still like her a lot!!

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 07:52 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I saw her in Columbia last month, too, and she's heavily involved in her son's football and other family things. She's also doing some running, I believe she said, but doesn't teach anymore.

It's funny - we ran into her in Target and she had taken a picture of one of her workouts on the shelf sitting next to another Firm instructor (don't remember who) and was going to send it to her like 'Look, we're still here!"

Now there's a lady who really gets more beautiful every time I see her. She had dinner with us during our Columbia trip last April and is truly one of the nicest, sweetest people I've ever met. She even gave a couple of us a ride back to our hotel.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 03:09 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
It's funny - we ran into her in Target and she had taken a picture of one of her workouts on the shelf sitting next to another Firm instructor (don't remember who) and was going to send it to her like 'Look, we're still here!"
LOL! I'm so tickled to hear the Firm "superstars" do sweet geeky things like that.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 03:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my favorite lisa kay segment is when she appeared in Firm Fat Blaster (tri-trainers) as one of the leads, especially the abs segment.

i also like her as a cast member in maximum body shaping (led by tracie long).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 03:41 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I really like Lisa Kay too. She got some criticism in Fat Blaster for looking "in pain" or "strained" but I think she did a super job. I love that workout, just did it this week! Like bzar said, killer ab segment!
Old 11-19-09, 03:41 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
my favorite lisa kay segment is when she appeared in Firm Fat Blaster (tri-trainers) as one of the leads, especially the abs segment.

i also like her as a cast member in maximum body shaping (led by tracie long).
I am sooooo out of The Firm loop - but I LOVED that workout! Is that Firm workout on DVD? If so, I think I'll buy it. I burned out on it back in the day (so I gave it away), but I miss it!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 04:30 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Lisa Kay was always one of my favorite Firm instructors. I have such a soft spot for the BSS1 set, (my first set of Firm workouts ) I wish her well, whatever she does!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deltaman, lisa kay