Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-08-22, 07:11 PM  
Erica H.

Cyst on Palm

I have a lump right on the palm of my hand. I think it's a cyst but not sure. I use my palm for lifting weights (lots of push motions with pressure) and leaning on the handlebars of my spin bike daily - could it be caused by that? Just wondering if anyone else has this.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 08:33 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

My husband has had something like that for a long time -- and get this, it's on both hands in the same spot. He has been curious about it but never too worried. Not sure this helps you.......
Old 06-08-22, 11:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i would get it checked.

do you ever watch Dr. Pimple Popper, Sandra Lee MD? one big takeaway i get from that show is find out immediately what it is rather than wait.

i think she has some free segments on youtube. it would make your hair curl!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 12:22 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
My husband has had something like that for a long time -- and get this, it's on both hands in the same spot. He has been curious about it but never too worried. Not sure this helps you.......
That's interesting that he has it on both sides. I'm not worried for now since it doesn't hurt or interfere with anything. Mostly curious about what it is and hoping it's not something that will spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i would get it checked.

do you ever watch Dr. Pimple Popper, Sandra Lee MD? one big takeaway i get from that show is find out immediately what it is rather than wait.
I can't afford any more doctors! I have a million health issues and now I need a crown, too. My insurance stinks and most of the doctors I've seen are useless (or worse).

Erica
Old 06-09-22, 01:27 AM  
sillygirl

Is it a cyst (feels liquid-filled) or callus (hardened skin)? I remember getting calluses as a kid from constantly swinging on the monkey bars. Calluses are caused by friction like you mentioned. Hopefully it’s nothing. Best wishes to you!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 05:06 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Is it a cyst (feels liquid-filled) or callus (hardened skin)? I remember getting calluses as a kid from constantly swinging on the monkey bars. Calluses are caused by friction like you mentioned. Hopefully it’s nothing. Best wishes to you!
Definitely not a callus. I get those at the base of some fingers from weight lifting and using my pull up bar and wear them proudly.

Erica
Old 06-09-22, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I have this too on both of my palms. It's a hardened little cyst under the skin. Exact same spot on both hands. I figured out it's from holding hardcover books, it's at the exact spot where the edge of the book hits my palm. I am going to have the doctor check it when I go for my annual exam this summer. Like you it doesn't hurt me or anything so I'm waiting for my annual appt. But I agree it is good to check things out but I understand about medical bills too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:24 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I have this too on both of my palms. It's a hardened little cyst under the skin. Exact same spot on both hands. I figured out it's from holding hardcover books, it's at the exact spot where the edge of the book hits my palm. I am going to have the doctor check it when I go for my annual exam this summer. Like you it doesn't hurt me or anything so I'm waiting for my annual appt. But I agree it is good to check things out but I understand about medical bills too.
If you don't mind, will you let me know what your doctor says after your appointment?

Erica
Old 06-09-22, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
If you don't mind, will you let me know what your doctor says after your appointment?

Erica
Yes I definitely will!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 09:00 AM  
fatkat555

It could be Dupuytren’s, an inherited disease.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20371943

If your fingers are beginning to catch, get stuck, you could have beginning of trigger fingers. Most often trigger finger is worse in the morning because the fingers at night when we sleep are curled, but it can occur at any time.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ganglion cyst