Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-28-21, 10:15 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - Today's workout was a great one for you. It's BW only, one hour but goes through lower body, upper body, core and a 20 min stretch at the end which you could skip you wanted. It was relaxing although I prefer yoga. Challenging but very doable.
Old 02-28-21, 03:01 PM  
Vantreesta

I'm trying to work out a doable plan for the month. I need to start my training for the virtual row/bike/run tri and yesterday a friend said she's doing BeSLAM Remastered and asked if I would do kettlebells along with her for accountability and of course I said yes. And I don't want to give up jumping rope and am trying to do more Pilates and yoga. Arghh! Yes, I always try to take on too much!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 09:02 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - Today's workout was a great one for you. It's BW only, one hour but goes through lower body, upper body, core and a 20 min stretch at the end which you could skip you wanted. It was relaxing although I prefer yoga. Challenging but very doable.
I did a one hour strength and stretch of hers on Thur and gave it a "voice over, bad cues, had to look at screen constantly, yoga like but without the pose names."

Maybe she was better by the time she did the EPIC 49 workout. I'll bookmark it. Thanks.

I finished the 7 day Trifecta Pilates Beginner Challenge. I found it effective with days 5 and 6 being the best of the bunch.

I was not up for the last HIIT class today, so I'll get it done tomorrow. Then I will have Caroline's At Home One Hour series and the HIIT it Hard series done.

I finished the 6 class Barlates No Excuses Series. It was rather forgettable. I have two classes left from her Low High Series which is a series I liked, but I was doing it the weeks before the butt muscle pull on the track last August, so it never got done. There was no way I was doing a full on Barlates with a hurt butt.

I'll probably do a hodgepodge next week.

Sandy O
Old 02-28-21, 09:04 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I'm trying to work out a doable plan for the month. I need to start my training for the virtual row/bike/run tri and yesterday a friend said she's doing BeSLAM Remastered and asked if I would do kettlebells along with her for accountability and of course I said yes. And I don't want to give up jumping rope and am trying to do more Pilates and yoga. Arghh! Yes, I always try to take on too much!
Vannie goes from 0 to 60 in three seconds...then crashes???

Just kidding. Good luck. It sounds like a lot.

Sandy O
Old 02-28-21, 09:06 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Work is sh!t (nothing new there) & DH will be going to the farm more often: told me today he'll need to be doing 2 weeks home/away alternating for a while to work on the house out there. He won't ever go much longer than 2 weeks at a time - for me.
Is the farm a hobby farm or working farm? Is it where you plan to retire? Is he doing some remodeling?

Sandy O
Old 02-28-21, 09:35 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Vannie goes from 0 to 60 in three seconds...then crashes???

Just kidding. Good luck. It sounds like a lot.

Sandy O
Right??!! I'm reminding myself a couple times a week for some things is enough.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 07:37 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
I did a one hour strength and stretch of hers on Thur and gave it a "voice over, bad cues, had to look at screen constantly, yoga like but without the pose names."

Maybe she was better by the time she did the EPIC 49 workout. I'll bookmark it. Thanks.

I finished the 7 day Trifecta Pilates Beginner Challenge. I found it effective with days 5 and 6 being the best of the bunch.

I was not up for the last HIIT class today, so I'll get it done tomorrow. Then I will have Caroline's At Home One Hour series and the HIIT it Hard series done.

I finished the 6 class Barlates No Excuses Series. It was rather forgettable. I have two classes left from her Low High Series which is a series I liked, but I was doing it the weeks before the butt muscle pull on the track last August, so it never got done. There was no way I was doing a full on Barlates with a hurt butt.

I'll probably do a hodgepodge next week.

Sandy O
Skip the stretch sounds like it was exactly the same but you might like the rest of the workout. Good going with her series. I'm thinking about doing Beginner EPIC next.

I liked Trifecta as always wish her challenges were more progressive and not always geared towards the beginner. I liked the class flow class the best same as you.
Old 03-01-21, 07:38 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Is the farm a hobby farm or working farm? Is it where you plan to retire? Is he doing some remodeling?

Sandy O
Same questions that came to my mind.