Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-10, 08:49 PM  
desderata

Posterior Chain & Some unsolicited advice

I've been doing BBL for about 5 weeks and I have done Bum Bum the most. That has helped me to focus on posterior chain activation like no other workout in my massive collection, accumulated over 20 years. I learned to really focus on glute activation when I started kettlebells, but BBL is unique in how it has taught me to focus on using the entire chain.

I am now more conscious of using my glutes and hamstrings and calves during every movement. Walking, climbing stairs, step workouts, everything. I've had a wonky knee for years, and it feels somewhat better these days.

Now for the unsolicited advice: I think I've put unnecessary wear and tear on my knees over the years by pushing off using them, and by absorbing the shock in my knees instead of getting power from my posterior chain and absorbing shock through there. So --to all you younguns, please don't wait until your knees hurt before you focus on using the proper muscles to power your activities. Whether it's BBL or another program, I really encourage you to make sure you have a strong and active posterior chain.

Off soapbox.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 09:11 PM  
neatski

(Un)luckily, my knees let me know right away if I'm putting strain on them rather than absorbing the shock in my legs and glutes. My Earth Shoes have really helped by forcing me to sit back into my squats and lunges, too.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, bum bum, glute activation, posterior chain