Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-07, 12:12 AM  
tigger

Rug Runner Pro - new product for balance training

http://www.prorugrunner.com/flashindex.html

I actually saw this when I clicked on a link for a different product. This looks like it would be fun. I used to love to water ski, so I think it would be fun to use the rope and practice the spins (not that I could do any tricks while skiing). Without the accessories, the movement looks a little like the lateral thigh trainer. Does anyone have one of these?
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:35 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Looks like fun!

OMG, I want one of these. It looks like so much fun. I tried to find some reviews on the Pro Rug Runner and there's really no information on the internet. It's basically a rocking platform that really does mimic the Lateral Thigh Trainer's motions - they show folks using it bringing their knees up a good 10-12 inches, so it's not a short easy step like a mini-stepper.

I did find one post from a gal on her blog about how she uses it, it's easier to use than it looks (she uses the ski poles) and she says she finds it pushes her harder than the elliptical. She also says she's seeing improvement in the tone of her inner thigh... warning, the gal posting is a phone sex operator who has a blog :0

The website demonstrates folks using it while doing bicep curls with rubber tubing or dumbbell shoulder raises. Also they use the rocker in a lunge position forward-to-back while doing upper body exercises.

And it comes in pieces for assembly - I guess theoretically you could break it down to take it traveling. Not to mention it might be fairly affordable to ship BACK if you decide you don't want it (they have a 30-day money-back guarantee, they refund costs minus shipping). It also has a 1-year warranty.

How cool is that?
Old 02-26-07, 01:49 PM  
bearcatfan

OK, Dawn. I got the Fun Slides first, you can get this one and give us the details!

This looks pretty cool, too. I better stay off VF for a while.

Rose
bearcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 06:48 PM  
tigger

OK- I think I am going to try this out. I am going to get the poles and rope so that I can pretend I am water skiing. The inner-thigh-shrinking comment sold me!
Old 02-27-07, 07:35 PM  
Becka Boyd

this thing looks like it'd be a flying rip with those poles suprised it's not caught on more
Old 02-27-07, 07:41 PM  
tigger

I actually ordered this today. Hope it is as fun as it looks!
Old 02-27-07, 08:21 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

please let us know! I've been thinking about this ever since the thread started. It looks like a blast.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 09:13 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Well, I wanted to order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan
OK, Dawn. I got the Fun Slides first, you can get this one and give us the details!
Rose,
I've been thinking about ordering this but I've been trying to research the company at Better Business Bureau and other consumer places online and I can't seem to find any info on them... it worries me that I can't identify a 'real' company name or location - the email addresses and company listed on the website refer to a marketing firm and a web hosting company...

I know it sounds like a weak excuse, I really should do my VF duty and lead a bandwagon once in a while :rolleyes:
Old 02-27-07, 09:58 PM  
tigger

Uh-oh Dawn, I'm a little scared now ! I emailed the address from the site and asked them when it would ship and if they would send me tracking info. I received a reply within an hour from a guy named Tom saying that it would ship tomorrow and that I should have it by Monday, and that he would send me tracking info tomorrow. I also got one from Paypal telling me that I would be charged for the order.

Hopefully everything will be OK...
Old 02-28-07, 10:03 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

tigger - I'm interested in hearing how you like the Rug Runner.

Dawn - I searched the 800 number and found this page - http://thedoorgym.com/ShoppingCartCanada.html At the bottom, it gives this physical address for their "warehouse" 23881 Via Fabricante #523 Mission Viejo, CA 92691
When I search that address I get a company called Cosar International Corp which is in the yellow pages under sporting goods (http://yellowpages.aol.com/sports-an...ds/ca/el-toro/)

Also when I check whois.net - I get this info

Administrative Contact :
Roche, Carolyn
obsllc@sbcglobal.net
8951 Bonita Beach Rd, Suite 525
Bonita Springs, FL 34135-4208
US
Phone: 800-318-9917

Does this info help?
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rock n roll stepper, rug runner pro