Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-07, 06:34 PM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

I got All About Arms and All Systems Go in the mail today! I briefly previewed both and am quite excited about them.

All About Arms has lots of interesting exercise variations. The pace isn't too fast - it seems nicely controlled so you have some room to go heavier over time. (Not TOO heavy, though, it's not like Slow & Heavy or anything!)

All Systems Go looks REALLY FUN! I'm excited to do this one. I've been enjoying Drill Max and Low Impact Circuit lately,and this seems like it fits in with those really well. She uses the body bar on the floor for some of the cardio movements, and you move around it almost like it was a step - something new that looks pretty fun.

I think they're using orange body bars - which are 6 pounds - in both workouts. Though they may be pink (9 pounds) - my TV is far from high definition!
KathyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 06:36 PM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyW
Is it mostly lower body-focused strength, or is it evenly upper and lower?
I'll answer my own question here, for anyone else who's interested! All Systems Go has some upper body work. I'd say it's more lower body focused, though. Based on previewing it, I'd say you could do it back-to-back with other upper body weights with no problem.
Old 02-20-07, 07:59 PM  
cheekster

Argh, Kathy, you're making me even more excited to try it, and I still haven't gotten my bar!

BTW, I cleverly avoided answering your question because I couldn't really tell for sure on preview, but I think you're right about legs being the main focus.

I also bought "All About Arms", and agree with you that it looks great. I'll report back my thoughts after I try it this weekend.

Has anyone tried either of these workouts yet? What did you think?
Old 02-20-07, 08:12 PM  
KathyW
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekster
Argh, Kathy, you're making me even more excited to try it, and I still haven't gotten my bar!
Kate, I'm in the same situation - no body bar! At least I can try some of the All About Arms sections for now. Hopefully I'll have time to get a body bar this week.

Have you ordered one? What weight did you get? I'd also love to hear if anyone has tried these and has body bar weight suggestions.
Old 02-20-07, 08:36 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyW
Kate, I'm in the same situation - no body bar! At least I can try some of the All About Arms sections for now. Hopefully I'll have time to get a body bar this week.

Have you ordered one? What weight did you get? I'd also love to hear if anyone has tried these and has body bar weight suggestions.
I have several different weighted bars. (3lb. Amplifier from Billy, plus 9, 12, 18, 24, 30 & 36 lbs.) To vary the weight even more, I use those soft donut wrist weights in a similar manner to the plates you would use on a barbell. They are 1-1/2 lbs. each, so you can adjust in 3 lb. increments. I'm sure I'm not the first person to try this, but I thought I'd share!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 10:38 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I received All About Arms and - All Systems GO today as well.

I have a 15 lb Body Bar (too heavy!!!) so I unloaded the weights off my Firm Barbell to make it 10 lbs. I only did the first strength and cardio sections. The cardio might be too high impact for me.

I didn't try the abs portion, but I'm sure I would need a MUCH LIGHTER bar for the side plank work.

I was expecting the workout to be similar to Strength Express, but I thought it looked MUCH TOUGHER!!!!
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 10:43 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
When I saw the picture of the woman leading the Graceful one, I realized she's the same person who led the third Balletone DVD (I think anyway - isn't she?).
Yes, she is. Shannon is also my favorite Urban Rebounder instructor.

Helen
Old 02-21-07, 03:12 AM  
Jenmgo

Call me crazy but i just finished doing All Systems GO. I came home around midnite tonite after I got off of work and was so excited to try this workout out! the time really flew by..mind you i do NOT own a body bar so i dont think i got the full experience. I used a broom handle (dont laugh). I honestly thought when i preordered that i could subsitute weights or a med ball or something but i was wrong. Anyway this workout is great! Its definately leg focused from what i experienced, altho if you have a weighted body bar you will probably feel it in the upper body but its a definate leg fryer! The strength/cardio was challenging and gets your heartrate up and the 2 cardio drills are a blast. She has some tough ab moves. The pushups arent too tough. This is definately money well spent. Maybe it seemed harder because its the middle of the nite but just thought id chime in here and let you all know you are in for a treat! Im going to write a review while its fresh in my head. Enjoy!!
Jenmgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 04:34 AM  
bearcatfan

Is this chaptered pretty well? Can you just play cardio or just play strength?

I am definitely interested in All About Arms. I really like All About Legs.

Rose
bearcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 07:03 AM  
fit1

I have the same Q as bearcatfan:

Is this DVD chaptered well? Is there an all-cardio premix and all-body bar premix?
fit1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all about arms, all systems go mindy